What did you do in FM23 today?

• Thread starter DextroCat
  • 506 comments
United States
United States
I’m a big fan of the GT7 thread of the same title and decided to make one for the new Motorsport game. Don’t just say the game sucks but criticism and complaints are acceptable as long as it’s tied to what you did in the game today.

I did most of the Builder’s Cup already so I’m starting my quest to buy every car by getting my manufacturer discounts up. So I’m maxing out each car I buy from my favorite brands before I buy another car from that brand. I’ve got the Nissan R390 GT1 road car, Ferrari Enzo, Ferrari 512S, and Lamborghini Sian all at level 50. Next up is a McLaren but I haven’t decided which one just yet. I also bought a Jaguar XJ220S TWR that I plan on maxing out after the McLaren.

Leveling takes awhile but I’m enjoying the process and the fact I earn enough to buy the next car each time I max out the previous car is nice. Right now I’m doing consecutive 7-lap free play races for my grind but I’ll probably switch things up in the near future.

Had two great mp races, one not so great (lag spikes, everyone crashed haha), and discovered mp replays aren't working.

-Did the last race of the Practical Performance championship with the '18 Megane RS
-Completed the Track Specials championship with the Group A VL Commodore
-Did the first race of the Built For Sport championship with the 718 Cayman
-Drove the TA1 Dodge Challenger around Road America
-Drove the Acura NSX GT3 around Spa
-Drove the 1974 BRM F1 car around Watkins Glen
-Drove the '92 Ford Falcon GT around Eagle Rock
-Drove the R91CP around Le Mans

The 718 Cayman feels a lot like a new incarnation of the "Little Bastard" (or the 550 Spyder for those not in the know) with it's mid-mounted flat 4 and fantastic handling. You could say that's cat-like in agility, with it's sure footed behaviour in pretty much any situation. The sound is shockingly good for a 4 cylinder too, with an aggressive tone that beats the Subaru Impreza WRX if you ask me.

Hotlapped the Raesr around Mid-Ohio. Like, a lot. It's at level 10 now just from that. It kinda reminds me of GT's Red Bull Junior car, but maybe a little less twitchy and a touch more forgiving if you take a corner a bit too hot.

I can tell I'm going to have a lot more fun with these silly EV hypercars here than I did in Horizon, since track toys can't really show their full potential unless they're actually on a racetrack. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Rimac will be like, since it was basically unusable in Horizon because it couldn't tolerate the bumpy backroads at all. I reckon it'll be easier to get a handle on in a more controlled environment.

Did the money glitch, bought a ton of race cars, and spent the evening searching for more lovely liveries, while it tests my patience, as the game crashed at least 5 times in 2 hours.

Make that 6 times

Last edited:
Completed the Built For Sport championship in the 718 Cayman before driving a heap of cars around Hakone: KTM Xbow GT2, Oldsmobile Cutlass Trans Am, 2015 Corvette DP, Falcon FGX Supercar, Chaparral 2E and Ferrari 488 Pista.

I did a 8-lap race on Spa with the 2015 Porsche 911 RSR, trying to see how much well I fare against the level 8 AI - not very, as it turned out. It was pretty hectic race with weather suddenly turning into downpour, my fastest lap was 5 seconds off the pace, and I ended up in 11th place with 40 seconds gap to the winner, but I had to fight tooth and nail to stay there. Really enjoyed it.

I bought 928 as well, because why not. I gave it a few test lap around Maple Valley but I'm not sure what I'm gonna use it for just yet.

I ran the new weekly series in the X-Bow GT2 which seemed skitchy in the first race while stock, but improved markedly in the second race at level 5.

Yesterday:-

Tuned my A-Class Lotus Evora, i now have a pretty complete tune on the car. Created some Doom Bar & Sharps Brewery decals (like i used in GT7, but much less accurate as i can't just import the same .SVG files) and make a race livery for the lotus.

While testing it at Catalunya GP in Rivals, got up to around 100th and into the top 1%. Raced it online in the A-Class Open Multiplayer, had a few pole positions and race wins.

Last edited:
Been spending time with all of the various touring cars to see which one I get along with the best. After a couple hours of messing about it seems like the Lynk & Co agrees the most with my driving style, which is interesting considering how uninteresting the road car is. I'll probably have to get one of those and convert it to rear wheel drive to see if that wakes it up some.

Other than that it's mostly been getting acclimated to tracks I've never been that good at, and seeing which ones make for good night racing. Maple Valley on a foggy night is actually pretty spooky, a real change in tone from how it feels in the daytime.

I ran the Ford GT event to complete the first tour, and now I've moved on to the Open Tour which I'm working though with my "German" Toyota MR2 that I already had at level 18 having used it in the first series.

It handled well at the top end of Class C but is getting skittish now a bit at the top end of Class B. I should be able to use it for Class A as well and get it up to level 50 (which will be my first car to that level).

Think I'll run the Open Tour again properly with a German car before it switches to something else next month.

1. Finished the Enthusiast Tour in singleplayer and raced the resulting prize Lexus in the Showcase.
  2. Picked a car (Dodge Challenger) for the next event, Power Tour: Iconic Muscle and downloaded a livery for it. Also took it around a couple of tracks in Free Play for a few extra car XP points.

Last edited:
Have just finished the B class open tour in my "German" MR2 after resetting it and redoing the auto upgrade following the update. It's now much faster but handling has gone tits up a bit :lol:

Moved on to the A class series and should have it at Level 50 tonight (My first full upgrade 👍)

I’ve mostly been grinding to get various cars to level 50 and getting my brand affinity discounts up in the process. I’m up to 20% Ferrari, 15% Lamborghini, 10% McLaren, and 5% for Porsche Nissan and Jaguar. The current car I’m leveling up is the Porsche 911 GT1 which is around lvl 28 so I’ll finish that tonight and probably buy a 959 for my next grind.

Some of the class/division choices are very strange. No idea why the Jaguar XJ220S TWR, Jaguar Sport XJR-15, and Nissan R390 GT1 aren’t considered “Early Factory Race Cars” like the F1 GT and 911 GT1 and why the Lotus Evija is not a “Modern Hypercar” like how the other electric hypercars (NIO EP9, Battista, Tachyon Speed, and Rimac Nevera) are all classified. Hopefully these get adjusted in the future because that Evija kills my chance of winning at tracks with lots of straightaways.

Testing out the new update.

Default tunes from the quick upgrade are more competitive and it's a lot easier to download tunes again as they now tend to have a lower CP requirement.

Last edited:
Yesterday's 50 Reward points - get a car to level 50 (which I did using the MR2 in the open tour class C and B)
Today's 50 Reward points - beat 5 rivals. Ran the 2 new featured rivals at Hakone and Mugello to complete this.

Been using the Lynk touring car to experiment with how much of an effect lift and coast has on fuel consumption. A 10 lap race at Silverstone with a fuel load of 10 laps ended with over a full lap* extra just from letting off early at the end of the longer straights and being careful on the throttle in the esses, so it's good to know that if you can do the math underfueling is a valid option.

*It had to be more than one lap's worth, because I crossed the finish line with the indicator saying one lap left but the achievement associated with it didn't pop. So I presume it's showing how many full laps you have left, and when it went to 1 lap it really meant 1.9. They really should have a decimal point on there.

Got the game yesterday and the first thing I did after ending the intro-races was to buy me a C7 Vette and check out the free-play endurance-options to level up cars and earning cash+xp`s.

Ran 2x100 laps on Indianapolis Brick Road, lvl 31 after first race on no pit setting, 133k + 6300cp.

Leveled up a 1965 Mini later, working on a race suspension-setup for it. Sore fingers today :D

Trying out some AFK Rivals to see whether the game's equivalent of B-Spec Bob can level my Lv38 Challenger to Lv50 while I'm doing the dishes. He's passed five rivals so far... that won't last :lol:

Last edited:
Finished this week's Track Exotics featured championship.

Set a Rivals time - manually this time, but using kiddy assists 'cos I don't know how to drive.

1478cefc-357a-4242-b48b-a71bd94022ab.png

Last edited:
I really, REALLY struggle with that final right onto the main straight, hot damn!
Just tap the brake, hang an immediate right and ignore the racing line if you're using one.

Last edited:
Well damn,
Tap brake
Turn right

Let me try that next time 🤣

It's my accuracy and consistency that's a problem :banghead:, the complete lack thereof...

Last edited:
Back