What did you do in FM23 today?

• Thread starter DextroCat
  • 687 comments
Ran a couple of C Class rivals laps in my 1983 Golf last night and a couple of free play races trying to finish levelling it to 50. In the end, redid 2 Open Tour races as Free Play quick race options are booked...

Random pole position - you will start in 12th position in every single race! :banghead:

Dry weather selected - race 2 - rain! :banghead:

Seem to remember this happening in FM7 too?

Ran a couple of C Class rivals laps in my 1983 Golf last night and a couple of free play races trying to finish levelling it to 50. In the end, redid 2 Open Tour races as Free Play quick race options are booked...

Random pole position - you will start in 12th position in every single race! :banghead:

Dry weather selected - race 2 - rain! :banghead:

Seem to remember this happening in FM7 too?
Yep, it's a good thing the game drives as well as it does...

Completed my collection of Ford GT's, the 1964 especially is pure joy to drive. Using it in open A class now.

Last edited:
Free Play at Kyalami (home track, 20km from my house)...
Afternoon, moving into the eveing, looming clouds.

Yeah, that's Kyalami in summer. Lovely:sly:🤙
If I could program it to throw a biblical 15min storm at around 16h45 it would be perfect.

Reminds me so much of my bike track days.

Edit: goal was getting my 5th BMW to 50 haha

Last edited:
Thoroughly enjoying the MX5 Cup challenge, and BRZ Spec lobbies. Even if I messed up my brake marker and totally wiped 1st and 2nd out in my first race BRZ race :dunce:
I quit that one in shame.

@ykiki mine fluctuates between 2 and 300+.
I find it funny.

Last edited:
Did the V12 Series yesterday and chose the Maserati MC12 for it. Was underpowered compared to rest of the competition, Road America in particular was pain as I tried to close the gap to two Ferraris in 1st and 2nd ahead of me only to see them pull away in the straights. But the MC12 was an absolute treat to drive, one of the best handling cars straight out of the box I've found in the game so far. Perfectly balanced through the turns even in stock form.

After a truly horrible bunch of races yesterday, my safety level dropped to A.
Once completely my fault as mentioned, the others not.

I even got a 0.5s penalty for being hit behind my back right wheel from a dive bomber. Had a good chuckle (that sounded suspiciously like vulgar language) at that one.

Spent a good bit of this morning in the BRZ and MX5 getting it back to S.

Chanced my arm in last race for the day, GT.
Let's just say I'm still S and leave it at that.

Open Series time, and I've decided to do an All-Ferrari run to eventually get the 488 (a car I've driven in real life). Picked the 250 GT and did a few Rivals laps at Road America to get it up to C-Level. Found I could easily charge to the front on the initial start of the race, but would be harassed in the turns by the lighter Dinos (that were already on racing tires from the beginning.) Had a cracking good battle for the lead with a pursuing Dino at Mid-Ohio Short Course...until he decided to try and PIT maneuver me at the hairpin on the last lap. I kept the position and win but it was a disappointing end to a fun race.

Open Series time, and I've decided to do an All-Ferrari run to eventually get the 488 (a car I've driven in real life). Picked the 250 GT and did a few Rivals laps at Road America to get it up to C-Level. Found I could easily charge to the front on the initial start of the race, but would be harassed in the turns by the lighter Dinos (that were already on racing tires from the beginning.) Had a cracking good battle for the lead with a pursuing Dino at Mid-Ohio Short Course...until he decided to try and PIT maneuver me at the hairpin on the last lap. I kept the position and win but it was a disappointing end to a fun race.
Liked except for that last bit, which is unfortunate. Interested to hear your take on the 488 when you get there!

This morning I did the V12 championship in an Aventador SV and after that it kept kicking me off the server.

Decided to give the McLaren Challenge Rival event a go last night. Can't say I liked the setup you're forced to use on the Senna. The car felt super-twitchy at high speed corners, especially the bump before the Bridge and on the downhill stretch towards the end. Felt like I was never sure whether the car was going to hold the corner or get upset and go careening into the wall. Did manage to put up a time inside the Top Half, but without the ability to tune I think I'd be hard pressed to improve.

So I’m getting close to the point where I’m just about finished reaching full discount for manufacturers that it makes sense to do so. Many manufacturers have less than 5 cars and I’m not leveling up duplicates while others may have quite a few cars but they aren’t expensive so I should be able to buy every car before I’ve maxed out 5 cars.

Right now I have Aston Martin, Audi, BMW, Chevy, Dodge, Ferrari, Ford, Jaguar, Lamborghini, Mazda, McLaren, Nissan, Porsche, and Toyota all at 25% discount with no AFK grinding or money glitch, although I have VIP so earning credits is quite a bit quicker.

I’m planning on getting max discount for Lotus, Mercedes-Benz and Mercedes-AMG and I think that’s about it for affinity discounts that I want. I’ll probably continue to max out cars with widebody kits since I’ve been doing that already and then it’s on to buying every car and leveling up whichever car I want.

After taking a break I am doing the V12 Championship. I decided to use the McLaren F1, for some reason the gearing is way off stock. First gear gets you 82 mph for example. It can almost hit its 231 mph too speed in 5th, with 6th being a useless intergalactic gear.

After taking a break I am doing the V12 Championship. I decided to use the McLaren F1, for some reason the gearing is way off stock. First gear gets you 82 mph for example. It can almost hit its 231 mph too speed in 5th, with 6th being a useless intergalactic gear.

I picked that one too! Definitely needed the transmission upgrade. Really liked the car other than that.

In the next series anyone not using the Koenigsegg is dumb. So naturally I'm using the P1. Every race I get killed on the straights by the Koenigseggseggsegg and owned in the turns by Ferrari The Ferrari's. Fortunately so far the Italians and the Swedes are finding each other in the corners, taking themselves out and I'm sneaking around the carnage.

I worked through the V12 series yesterday in the Monza SP2, a bit squirrelly stock but even level 5 auto upgrades improve the handling significantly. Left it at S800 so i can use it for the S Open Tour races later.

Just finished the British GT event in Prestige Tour with a 2012 Vantage. I wasted 300k on a '19 Vantage and a 2020 McLaren GT but they weren't as good.

I also completed the V12 Power event in an Enzo. I think I'm going to do the event again in another car, maybe a Maserati, Maserati, vroom vroom vroom vroom vroom.

Lots of Rivals in stock cars or suspension only, 458 mainly. I'm not going to get top 100 times so I like to see how far up I can get with minimally modified cars.

Went back to Multiplayer since early access for one race in GT, was at Road America, raining and 7 laps. Didn't qualify so I could start near the back, started 24th. Avoided turn one amateur hour and went the whole race on same tires to finish 6th. 4th and 5th caught me between Canada corner and last turn where my tires finally started to really give.

First FM with a wheel setup, I'm faster on the control but enjoy just driving more than I care about winning.

Last edited:
Just finished the British GT event in Prestige Tour with a 2012 Vantage. I wasted 300k on a '19 Vantage and a 2020 McLaren GT but they weren't as good.

I also completed the V12 Power event in an Enzo. I think I'm going to do the event again in another car, maybe a Maserati, Maserati, vroom vroom vroom vroom vroom.
Not sure you can easily afford to waste money like that when the Featured Tour needs 200k-300k for each week's hypersuperduper car of the week. Which it does for the 3rd time out of 3 next month. At least we get a "dead" 5th week to grind out some credits in January though. Ready for the next hypersuperduper 200k-300k extravaganza in update 4....

I did the third series in the discounted Veyron and am half way through the B Class Open tour now.

Running through the Open Class events to get some money and level up some of the garage.

Last edited:
I looked into selling them back but they only offer you 50% of the sale price and there's no Auction House.

Just did a 'birth of grand prix' online race at Spa in the Ferrari 166...

Hot damn does that thing take every sweat drip of concentration to keep in a straight line! Just a reminder I can't tune for shizzlesticks.

And then there's driving with the tyres shot hahaha

Came 7th. A very, very careful and tiptoey 7th.

Did the Fox Body Mustang series last night in the '93 SVT. I'll be honest, I've never really cared for these cars. Didn't like the styling when I was a youth in the '90s, and I don't think they've aged well now. (Would much rather have a Camaro or Firebird from that time period.) That said; the SVT ended up being a snappy little car to drive once it got some upgrades, especially replacing the rather lethargic transmission. Absolutely destroyed the field in the rain at Watkins Glen but most of the racing was much closer elsewhere.

I think I'm going to do the event again in another car, maybe a Maserati, Maserati, vroom vroom vroom vroom vroom.
For the next tour I can only afford a discounted Veyron so I'm in the process of picking a livery for my Bugatti, Bugatti so long as it's not too flashy, too flashy.

Dunno how I'm gonna be able to haul that boat around the Tilke-designed hairpin at Yas, though.

[EDIT] Oh, this is awful. It's like I have to start braking two corners in advance in order to slow down in time. Maybe I should have splurged on the Acura.

On the upside the prodigious weight of the vehicle should ensure I have no problem punting the AI's Pink Pigs and LaFerraris out of the way before they get too far ahead, safety rating be damned. "Total time penalty is around seven seconds..." Come on, ref, that was never a penalty. The other player pulled a dive, honest.

Hopefully I can spend my XP on an extra side door so I can get out of the car and physically push the car around those trickier turns.

[FURTHER EDIT] On the whole this tour was a deeply unpleasant experience just like every time I've ever driven any Bugatti which isn't an EB110 on anything but drag races.

Said experience was only ameliorated slightly by removing all my engine upgrades and using weight reduction to replace as much of the original body as possible with bits of a smaller, lighter and faster car which is fitted with monster truck tyres.

Last edited:
I ran Ultimate Speed with the Koenigsegg, it was easier to handle than I was expecting but still brutal. Feeling confident from that I went against wisdom and picked the S7R for the Boutique Builds. All I can say is I thought I was playing GT4 until race 4 where I had to tune that understeer out at least a bit. I should gave picked the Murray T50.

Last edited:
I ran Ultimate Speed with the Koenigsegg, it was easier to handle than I was expecting but still brutal. Feeling confident from that I went against wisdom and picked the S7R for the Boutique Builds. All I can say is I thought I was playing GT4 until race 4 where I had to tune that understeer out at least a bit. I should gave picked the Murray T50.

T50 handles way better and is undeniably makes better lap times by quite a margin but the S7 has a sort of old-school Group C-ness to it that I liked. So I went with that. Biggest issue with the S7 is it comes with all the freaking horsepowers.... and street tires. Managed to get it tamed a little bit, transmission helped a ton, too, those turbos spooling up with every gear change made corner exit pretty exciting. Eye-wateringly fast once you get it going though, wow.

2 cups today:

• Builders Cup: German Rivals | 2005 BMW M3
  • Featured Series: V12 Power | 2018 Lamborghini Aventador SVJ

I got disconnected due to update shortly after completing a race and when I was back online a moment later, my total payout was exactly 200 credits. Thanks, Turn 10.

I really like the game but it's so unpolished that even the messages sent by the developers are busted:

AWHdL7e.png

Back