What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,221 comments
Since I wasn't able to watch the Japanese GP today, I just ran a bunch of 5 lap races on different configs of Suzuka with all the open wheel cars I had available. No worries about red flags, poorly placed tractors or confusing shortened race points rules... just getting punted in the Casio Triangle by AI that can't ever seem to figure out where their braking points are supposed to be.

Since I wasn't able to watch the Japanese GP today, I just ran a bunch of 5 lap races on different configs of Suzuka with all the open wheel cars I had available. No worries about red flags, poorly placed tractors or confusing shortened race points rules... just getting punted in the Casio Triangle by AI that can't ever seem to figure out where their braking points are supposed to be.
Did you do the races in soaking rain? 😉

Had I not spun in the Porsche curves on lap 7 last night, that's how close I would have got, though lap 8 would have been on 2 flat rear tires and coasting at 50 mph.

I suppose I could try tuning the Red Bull. I figure if I trigger the pit sequence at about 29:30, I'll cross the finish line before the 30:00 mark, get some fuel and tires, and do a proper lap 8.

What are you using on your assault on an 8-lap Sarthe?
Today was the first time i did an 8 lap Sarthe! I bought the mclaren f1 and on my second try with the car i got a dry race. FM 5-6 for the first 3 laps, pit, FM3-6 for 2 laps, pit again, FM 2 on straights an 5-6 in corners and crossed the line for the 8th lap with 10 seconds to spare. Had 19% fuel left for final lap, so that was a slow one.
for the final corners. ****** driving as i was so pumped to make it i forgot how to drive xD
IMG_20221010_125727.jpg

Today we took the Merc AMG GT safety car to LeMans, with a fair few mods, including rear wheel steering. It's an eye opener that's for sure. Corners no problem. Fuel tho, now there's an issue. Barely 2 laps on FM1. FM6 not much better without short shifting & a bit of lift & coast, which will get you 3 laps. Needed 2 stops as the rain came quite late on on lap 4.

2x Sardegna races for 1.45m credits. Up to 15.3m credits and just need 14.7m credits to have enough to buy the last 2 cars that I need (should come later this week). I'm going to need to grind a fair bit in the evenings this week but that's ok.

On the Plus account, I almost got an 8-lap Sarthe race in. I did some minor tuning on the Red Bull, lowering the downforce, adding a full-custom race transmission auto-set to 280 kph, and taking some toe and camber out of the rear wheels. The rear wheels still burned off too much, and instead of limping around lap 8 on no gas and no rear tires, I cried, "Pineapple!" and finished the race in the pits 19 seconds after the timer went off.

The 4-star Wheel of Despair had no pity - I got a Porsche invite (4th time for the Porsche, 10th time since 1.17, and 14th time overall). I had enough to get the almost-completely-worthless Suzuki VGT.

On the GTP account, I did the online time trial, then took the Corvette Gr.4 to a formulatic 1-stop (FM 4) win. The big news is I think I snapped something on my wheel - crossing over the center dead zone is now very noticeable, and there's some drift in that zone. The all-cash 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the lowest-possible/low-showing 10,000 Cr.

I normally write negative experiences here because I think the game should be a lot better but today has been a good day - daily race c at inter Lagos, first race didn’t qualify in the 919 started 16 and finished 10th so all good, Do a few qualifying laps and someone find a 1.19.1 from somewhere so really happy, Race 2 just now puts me 4th on the grid so I’m thinking maybe a top 3 - I can’t charge the battery good enough in the 919 but had learned enough to do enough to keep me positive over a lap.

race starts, all through the first corner, 2nd and 3rd and 4th and 5th corners all good, 2nd place and 3rd are racing and touch at Turn 6 - I see the gap go for it, I’m through the corner 2nd place……. Except I go through the corner, one of the other cars hits my rear quarter and I end up with a 2 second penalty - doesn’t say for what but I have - he hit me not the other way, last turn before we hit the straight back to the finish, I turn and boom, I’m hit behind and pushed onto the grass, while trying to get back to track game resets me 9th I serve the penalty and am 11. My car has no battery so I know I’m in a bot of trouble…

i carry on, trying to get a decent charge on the battery but all I can do is make it last corner to corner, I keep going closing on cars in front who are racing.. bit of luck here and there and by time I pit stop I’m 6th. I come out 9th but next lap cars ahead put and I’m good back to 7th, then 6th with a quitter, a yellow flag means I get to 5th with 4th 4 seconds ahead I start last lap…. Can’t even see him but keep going, 3 seconds to car behind so I’m comfortable - turn 7 I see 4th dawdling, not sure why but he has a 1 second penalty I’m presuming for track limits, he lets me buy as 6th place arrives and drives straight in to a penalty stricken 4th place man.

I finish 4th and am over the moon, I would never race hybrids as not my thing but only option. I’m so happy I fought my way back to my starting place as normally never happens for me, I’m happy the guy I overtook at the end was generous enough to let me go with no silly moves to hold me back - I don’t see that too often

today was a good day

I was at 99.5M credits, so I tuned some cars. I got the balance down to 99.3M and ran one WTC 800 with the Honda NSX GT500 '08. Great car and I'm back to just over 100M.

The wheel gave up a Corvette Gr.3.

I'll tune up some more cars tomorrow to drop my balance. I'm still waiting on some Legend cars.

3x Sardegna races in the evening for 2.2m credits. Up to 17.6m credits now.

Just waiting on the 2 remaining cars that I need to show up in the LCD. Hopefully tomorrow or the day after one of them shows up!

I got my pit strategy wrong at La Sarthe’s WTC700 race. On the second lap, the weather radar showed a lot of incoming rain, so I pitted early for intermediates in the hope that everyone else would be aquaplaning on their slicks. It turned out that the IM were only marginally faster than the slicks, and the cost of that was that I had to stay out for five consecutive laps if I wanted to avoid a second pit stop. As the race progressed, the track dried up and the fuel tank got emptier and emptier. On the start of the final lap I had a lead of almost 40 seconds, but the fuel warning said I had enough fuel for 0.9 laps and the rear tyres were just about to give up.

Spoiler alert: the end of the race got quite wild. Bonus points for flamboyant driving, I suppose.

Yesterday I checked out used for the Tuscan and cappuccino. Got an extra capp for the RX7 swap and toyed around with that a short bit. Got an itch to knock out the Silvia menu book and won some part I have absolutely no use for and the jag VGT for the daily......sigh. Still waiting on the 550 Porsche to rotate back through legendary to finish my missing extra menu and hopefully get an engine I don't have. Then today I logged in with a mild interest in racing for my daily ticket and after doing a couple misc events to get it, was reminded how pointless it was.

I went through all the license tests again and spent more than "one attempt" (aka just got gold and left) like I did initially. This time about 5-15 min. each and I'm enjoying them, except for the M3 @ Red Bull Ring in the rain. I'm like 2 seconds back from @Doodle so I need to find out why I'm so far behind there. I have about half of the S-Licenses left to re-do as I did cherry pick a few of them to re-do a while ago. I will admit, I did the Formula @ Laguna with NOS enabled day one/two, however, I didn't really need it and didn't make THAT much of a difference. Just not looking forward to the last one :lol:

Jerome

Tuned up my new Corvette GR.3 to 730pp and ran the Daytona 10-lapper. Got spun by the AI, then crashed.

Got thumped. I’ll try again.

The wheel spit out 5k.

Today we took the Wicked Fabrication to LeMans, using a tune I found here on GT Planet from Live 25. The "race" was more like a commute, won by 2:08, and sat at the finish line for over 30sec. Great drive, but whatever you do, don't even think about accelerating out of a wet corner until the wheel are straight, it'll kill ya. A bit of a strange finish actually. Instead of the usual suspects, Portillo, Needham etc, the next 3 drivers in the top 4 were Sugawara, Blazen and Kevelham. All very strange. The 3 star ticket of dispondency gave me another AMG 45 😕, that's 4 I've got now. Might sell a couple...........

i broke 2.000.000 just a while ago. where can i find "Rote Sau" (the red pig) and what will it cost?
In about 2 weeks, it will be in Hagerty's for 700,000 Cr.

I managed to get my wheel issue fixed - one of the rubber feet on the bottom of the base (which helps keep it level on the desk) came loose. Still, I was wildly inconsistent on the GTP account, taking several restarts to get the Supra GT500 to the win at Sardegna. The Wheel of Despair didn't appreciate that any - I got the lowest-possible 5,000 Cr.

On the Plus account, i used the M6 Endurance at Sardegna for the grind. The 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the carbon brakes for the FXX K.

6x Sardegna races
1x Le Mans race
5+m credits grinded.

Got rewarded with 500k cr by guessing Fraga as winner of Manufacturer's Cup. Pretty happy.

Last edited:
Today I didn’t play. Instead I spent many hours looking at this, adding and deleting it to my cart. I said I would resist and just keep playing on pad, but that’s so cheap.

Just do it! Honestly the best purchase I’ve made was buying a wheel. I was happy to just use a pad as that’s all I’ve even known when playing racing games growing up. I bought a wheel a few years ago and for me it completely changes the way you play racing games. You won’t regret I know. Just be prepared once you get the hang of it and you will want to then upgrade all your equipment and it can get expensive!

Today I didn’t play. Instead I spent many hours looking at this, adding and deleting it to my cart. I said I would resist and just keep playing on pad, but that’s so cheap.

Pretty much 50% of what I paid. Its changed my game. Gone from controller in chase cam on AT to hood cam using MT. I was slower at first, but you'll soon get it back

Just do it! Honestly the best purchase I’ve made was buying a wheel. I was happy to just use a pad as that’s all I’ve even known when playing racing games growing up. I bought a wheel a few years ago and for me it completely changes the way you play racing games. You won’t regret I know. Just be prepared once you get the hang of it and you will want to then upgrade all your equipment and it can get expensive!
I resisted. Bought a controller for my iPhone instead so I can play FH5 and some other xbox games at work.
Will likely just get the DS Edge instead for the PS5 when it comes out - I'm worried that I will get bored of racing and the wheel won't get used much.

I still play with the controller, but I love having a wheel now too.

I've been a very long hold-out on getting a wheel, in the mistaken belief that it would take too long to get up to speed with it, but in fact it didn't take long at all.

Historically, I've always used the chase cam with the controller and mostly still do, but for some reason I don't use chase cam with the wheel; hood cam and occassionally in-car view for extra realism :)

Last edited:
Took the Silvia TC to Le Mans, and the weather is very broken. The straight turns into black ice out of nowhere.

I then bought the Audi e-Tron VGT, see what it can do compared to the Gr. 1 spec.

I just logged in briefly to check the LCD and do a bit of window shopping... the Ferrari is out of reach, but the CLK and the McLaren F1 are possibles, not least as I'll be able to play a fair bit this weekend. That said, I've only got 2.2 million Cr. and I still need one Skyline GT-R and the McLaren F1 GTR Race Car for my 1999 JGTC grid, so I feel a bit hamstrung in terms of buying something expensive and blowing my 'savings' :boggled:

I also got a very nice surprise by getting 500,000 Cr., presumably for guessing one of the winners of the online race series.

I just logged in briefly to check the LCD and do a bit of window shopping... the Ferrari is out of reach, but the CLK and the McLaren F1 are possibles, not least as I'll be able to play a fair bit this weekend. That said, I've only got 2.2 million Cr. and I still need one Skyline GT-R and the McLaren F1 GTR Race Car for my 1999 JGTC grid, so I feel a bit hamstrung in terms of buying something expensive and blowing my 'savings' :boggled:

I also got a very nice surprise by getting 500,000 Cr., presumably for guessing one of the winners of the online race series.
When in doubt, just vote for Fraga to win lol. I took this advice from naffantait's videos on YouTube. :)

Back