What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,596 comments
Ran a few Weeklies at TM using a few different cars. Ran LeMans once with a Viper. Got an X-Bow from the wheel which completed that Cafe Menu, yielding an engine for a 911.

Motivated by the TT at Mount Panorama I tried my hand at its CE lap attack. I almost had it. I'll try to get gold another day.

A 6 stars ticket engine for the daily gave me the swapp for the Jaguar XJ220, a super expensive one. So, a million bucks saved! After midnight I kept playing and a 4 star ticket for this "new" daily gave me a Mustang Gr3 car which I didn't have yet.

It was a good gaming session.

18da0e6e1fd84-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_437197129628147_1707801287609.jpg
18da0e68cdd45-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_437197124278344_1707801266712.jpg
18da0e6b20d37-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_437197127014516_1707801277400.jpg

Just try to gold MP CE's since the TT is up but that 2nd sector is killing me .
I don't know if i can gold this one .
The fact that my fellow GOD @Pesselles gold this with outrageous fast time is hurting me even more 😂

Motivated by the TT at Mount Panorama I tried my hand at its CE lap attack. I almost had it. I'll try to get gold another day.
Keep going guys! This was by far the hardest CE I have golded so far. Sectors 2 was really tough. I especially struggled to not hit the inside wall at the apex of turn 6. This whole section up the hill is insane. Can theoretically be flat out up until turn 10 but your turn in have to be absolutely critical.

What might be an efficient way to increase gold chances for the whole lap is to focus in T1 and Forrest's elbow because the long straights afterwards are really long. I had differences in sector 1 alone of about a full second depending on whether nailed T1 or botched it.

Keep going guys! This was by far the hardest CE I have golded so far. Sectors 2 was really tough. I especially struggled to not hit the inside wall at the apex of turn 6. This whole section up the hill is insane. Can theoretically be flat out up until turn 10 but your turn in have to be absolutely critical.

What might be an efficient way to increase gold chances for the whole lap is to focus in T1 and Forrest's elbow because the long straights afterwards are really long. I had differences in sector 1 alone of about a full second depending on whether nailed T1 or botched it.
I totaly second this message and everybody should remind this essential rule for Mount Panorama: Braking is for weaks or Greeks!
:D

Yesterday abandoned a RedBull race at Dragons Trail when I got shoved into the barrier on lap 11, lost 6 places and gave up in a girly strop.
Ran a couple of laps of the Nordschleife in a GT Kart later in the day, quite a fun but pointless exercise. Spun the wheel about 11:50pm, got 500k.

Just try to gold MP CE's since the TT is up but that 2nd sector is killing me .
I don't know if i can gold this one .
The fact that my fellow GOD @Pesselles gold this with outrageous fast time is hurting me even more 😂
Because it costs nothing to be kind with others (even with Greeks :D), I've replayed the 2nd sector of Mount Paranormal CE for my fellow GOD @smoothbore12 ;)

After only 2nd attemp (the 1st was invalidated), I've scored a decent 0:44.070.
My PB is at 0:44.005.

1707820663395.png

Because it was fun, quick, and easy, I've decided to replayed all the others sectors to be fully prepared for the lap attack.

Sector 1: 0:15.338 - Gained 0.15 on my previous PB
Sector 2: 0:44.005 - Replayed only for demo purpose
Sector 3: 0:31.759 - Gained 0.25 on my previous PB
Sector 4: 0:30.831 - Gained 0.05 on my previous PB

1707820946886.png

I dunno if I can gold the lap attack yet but If I can play it this afternoon with this damned "stick drift" controller, I'll give a try. Otherwise, I'll receive a new DualSense tomorrow.
#StayTuned

The daily Marathon ticket gave me an Audi TT 3.2 Quattro.

Last edited:
Hi all. And happy new year of the Dragon 🐉 ! There will be a lot of words, my experience and a short comparison of PC sims and GT7 and why I switched to GT7 after a long time.

I started my SIM journey with the Gran Turismo series. It was this GT that gave incredible life experience, impressions and good people. Then, somehow the love in the GT series died down. The former spark of this series has disappeared. The golden era of Gran Turismo 2 and 4 has passed, and series 5-6 were like a shadow of this legend. So I switched to PC sim racing for many years. Of course it's Assetto Corsa that took up most of the time. Alternating with the Raceroom, trying other famous series. Everything was good overall. But these sims seemed to me to be unfinished in many aspects (tire simulation (I consider the ACorsa an excellent example of the incomprehensible work of tires), collisions

So sims has good concert, but the implementation suffers. Of course, there are very serious championships there, in which I also participated. But the further it went, the more boring it became. So a couple of months ago I discovered Automobilista 2 (AMS2). Half a year ago, a physics patch was released for AMS2, which changed absolutely the entire sim. The main thing is that it was a "wow" effect from the first kilometers. How aerodynamics work, suspension, damage, change of day, aquaplaning in the rain, change of season. After AMS2, it’s simply impossible to look at other PC sims. Now they have made the tires perform simply lovely. In AMS2 you really feel the grip and the car, unlike the ACorsa. Perhaps this is the quintessence of a Sim on PC. But... after a couple of months it became boring again. There are different racing series, a lot of classics and unusual things. But there are essentially no road cars. Yes, and Tsukuba is not there. In general, this is almost all about perfect, but it doesn’t warm up the soul. And there are serious problems with online. And so I began to look again at the Gran Turismo series, which since its release has undergone serious changes in terms of physics, and seemingly for the better. Plus, the reason for switching was being active online, and I just wanted to have more fun and enjoyment. And so, it’s decided. PS5 + T-GT2 were installed instead of PC and Moza.

On the positive side, after some time I came to the conclusion that it was worth every cent. Even now, when my the safety rating is still low due to the few races only, online in Sports mode is very decent. A huge variety of racing vehicles and how the cars are balanced in GT7. For example, Gr.4, where there are Swift and Alpha 155 and real GT.4 cars. The atmosphere certainly became much more pleasant than in parts 5-6. Simply magical photo mode. Well, the graphics... are beyond praise. I especially want to note the work of light, glare and lighting in general.

Regarding minuses, negating the lack of damage as in AMS2, which in practice is not deadly important, although great, this is “not the same” force feedback. It is different from both the PC sims and the driving in life on the track (also do this). Another example is aquaplaning. in Real and in PC sims, where rain is beautifully implemented (AMS2), aquaplaning and the load on the steering wheel are noticeable. in GT7 the car just seems to hit the ice. Well, this is purely my opinion. But, in general, the feedback is tolerable and gives a good feeling of the car. You can easily sacrifice all of this in exchange for what GT7 gives you.

Pros:
a variety of road and racing cars, each car really has its own feel, cars that unique to the sim, overall balance, online, aesthetics, a set of tracks, a cool career and tournaments, the difficulty of earning money and buying some cars - YES, I think this is exactly a plus.

Minuses:
some aspects of physics, lack of damage to the car (overheating of the engine, brakes), there is no change in the season of the year (for example, in AMS2, absolutely everything changes depending on the season of the year, colors, trees, run away zones, the whole atmosphere), there is no Macau Grand Prix track.

Add Psn: VLegacy25
😀

IMG-20240211-WA0006.jpg

That sector 2 is way tough, can't get the final uphill S without serious lift off .

And isn't only that ,i have @Pesselles putting salt in my wound like the Germans that put it on the roads for snow .

Because it costs nothing to be kind with others (even with Greeks :D), I've replayed the 2nd sector of Mount Paranormal CE for my fellow GOD @smoothbore12 ;)

After only 2nd attemp (the 1st was invalidated), I've scored a decent 0:44.070.
My PB is at 0:44.005.

View attachment 1327817

Because it was fun, quick, and easy, I've decided to replayed all the others sectors to be fully prepared for the lap attack.

Sector 1: 0:15.338 - Gained 0.15 on my previous PB
Sector 2: 0:44.005 - Replayed only for demo purpose
Sector 3: 0:31.759 - Gained 0.25 on my previous PB
Sector 4: 0:30.831 - Gained 0.05 on my previous PB

View attachment 1327818

I dunno if I can gold the lap attack yet but If I can play it this afternoon with this damned "stick drift" controller, I'll give a try. Otherwise, I'll receive a new DualSense tomorrow.
#StayTuned

The daily Marathon ticket gave me an Audi TT 3.2 Quattro.
Thanks to the morning practice, I've improved my PB - more than 0.6 sec gained - on Mount Paranormal CE lap attack:

1707839542302.png

Damned, I forgot to note the score of the 2nd sector here but it was probably excellent... :sly: :lol:

Speaking of this CE, dunno if someone already notice this very Australian spectator on the very beginning of the 4th sector...

1707839884625.png

Thanks to the morning practice, I've improved my PB - more than 0.6 sec gained - on Mount Paranormal CE lap attack:

View attachment 1327863

Damned, I forgot to note the score of the 2nd sector here but it was probably excellent... :sly: :lol:

Speaking of this CE, dunno if someone already notice this very Australian spectator on the very beginning of the 4th sector...

View attachment 1327865
Ok i get it , you put more " salt " now.
EHVWVLBCUJBE5IGYLXSNJ7G3YM.jpg

I've tried for more than one hour to gold my last american circuit experience: Colorado Springs. I've only improved my PB at 1:22.256...

1707849802341.png

Speaking about rally and because the legendary 037 is still my fav rally car (over Peugeot, Audi, or any other Group B), I've booked 2 seats for watching Race for Glory at cinema next week...

1707849450655.png

Complete a few race series where i did not make firdt club 600 etc
Did menu pp900.
And the grp1 menu but still have to make saint croix.
And i have read a lot about saint croix being useless etc etc but what a track for the grp1.
I enjoyed it so much even if i don't really know it .
All of that to make few credit to buy the Nissan GT-R GT 500 at Legendary.

I hadn't done any of this week's challenges yet, and I had recently started the WTC 900 menu, too, so I won the round at Autopolis using my Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM. I recall setting the FM to 5 and starting on RMs, then towards the end of lap 7, I took on a bit of fuel and switched to RS tires. Even got the CRB. From the six-star parts ticket, I got a Bore Up S for the 2019 GR Supra, but from the four-star ticket I got for my daily workout, I got a black Alphard, which will be a nice spare for if/when I win an LFA engine.

EDIT: I also bought a 2019 GR Supra in Prominence Red, as it seems that I didn't have one in my garage, as well as the 86 GRMN and SF-R Racing Concept. (Fun fact: It seems that for the 2020 GR Supra, only Horizon Blue has a different interior color, whereas all the other colors have a red interior.)

Last edited:
After taking a few days off, I ground Sarthe. The GTP run was with the Renault Megane, "worth" a 3-star Wheel of Despair for the lowest-possible 5,000 Cr. The Plus run was in the Ford Mark IV (I forgot it was very thirsty and had to tiptoe through lap 3), "worth" a 5-star Wheel of Despair for the 2nd-lowest-showing/lowest-legal 100,000 Cr.

•States 800pp V12 swapped Supra is fine to drive

•Makes a video driving only in FM6

View attachment 1328014
Also shows results of a non fuel race where it works fine.

If you want the wool pulled over your eyes by Priano(who always recommends FM6) then you do you.
The nonsense you all believe that certain cars are broken or chassis are terrible from him(and people believing it) is one of the reasons I don’t want to share my tunes as much.

I’ll carry on enjoying to use well tuned cars you’ve been told that can’t be used.

Edit: I'll tell you why that car chassis "can't" handle the power, it's the tune he's using...
Rear ride height is soo high its shifting the balance all the way forward so when you're on the power theres not enough contact patch to the ground so it induces wheelspin - Muh ChaSSis bAd
mines set to 100 - 105 and turns well as per video

Rear anti roll bar, stiffer in the rear vs. the front will make oversteer as it's making it more responsive, as the lateral load on the rear tyre increases as you accelerate and the car will become more nervous, going into oversteer

Compression (Bump) is too hard especially at the rear, this is because the initial compression under the longitudinal load of acceleration may be too harsh causing oscillations, so the tyres skate across the track and guess what that means... oversteer!

I could go on about other issues with that tune the makes adding more power "bad", thought someone like you with race experience could identify these...

Edit2:
FM1

Last edited:
Yesterday ran Dragon Trail in the x2019 again, this time despite AI fisty cuffs I avoided the walls and kept it pointing mostly forward, finished first, Luca is happy with me again no menu races to do only some collections, gave me a 6* ticket that yielded a Toyota g10 race car. Market value 1.5m, will sell as a duplicate, not a car that works well for me from the few runs I've done before.
Daily wheel gave me 5k.
Next quest is to hunt races I haven't won previously oh and of course grinding for credits I need those expensive legends.... Trouble is going to be those half hour/full hour race that only generate100k when I know I could get 825k+ for the same time.

2 images > 2,000 words, right?

1707908490375.png

1707908506723.png

Ok it's gold but with a lot of rooms for improvement.
As usual, the replay is available in game (even for flatulent traitors^^)

1707908718338.png

And now, all my american circuit experiences are in YELLOW!!!

1707908631393.png

Next...

Last edited:
2 images > 2,000 words, right?

View attachment 1328057

View attachment 1328058

Ok it's gold but with a lot of rooms for improvement.
As usual, the replay is available in game (even for flatulent traitors^^)

View attachment 1328060

And now, all my american circuit experiences are in YELLOW!!!

View attachment 1328059

Next...

Last rally CE remaining on my ToDo list: Sardegna - Windmills.

Job done quickly on this short and not very complicated track.
There's some points to care about if you want to score in gold here:
  • anticipate the turns as much as possible, specially in the first sector.
  • careful at the jump in the 2nd sector, just before the left turn.
  • careful X 100 to the last jump before the finish line.

1707920437213.png

I love this leaderboard, do you?

1707920487633.png

Sorry, I didn't save the replay for this CE :ill:

and the ⭐⭐⭐⭐ daily marathon ticket was...

1707920567976.png

Last edited:
Mount Paranormal CE work in progress...

2:05.608 ---> 2:05.305 ---> 2:05.231 ---> 2:05.021 ---> ... :crazy: ...

1707928501894.png

Speaking pain in the neck, this one is really something...
I received my new DualSense and this is a real happiness to play without the "stick drift" stress!!

#KeepPushing

Last edited:
Mount Paranormal CE work in progress...

2:05.608 ---> 2:05.305 ---> 2:05.231 ---> 2:05.021 ---> ... :crazy: ...

View attachment 1328103

Speaking pain in the neck, this one is really something...
I received my new DualSense and this is a real happiness to play without the "stick drift" stress!!

#KeepPushing
You are very close mon ami, it's a matter of few hours i guess to.....unload a truck of salt to my wound 😂

Back