What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,892 comments
I (finally) bought the Porsche 917K this morning for 18,000,000 Cr.

I also had a 'quick' and somewhat bizarre race at LM (WTC600, Alpine A220 Race Car '68) which I thought I was going to win easily - but I made a terrible mistake...

I 3-stopped but stayed on slicks and FM1 for the whole race. Due to outlaps, this left me just one shot at the fastest lap, Lap 7. It was never in doubt, but I wanted to get as far under 4 mins as possible, and got a 3:57 to be Portilla's purple lap of 4:15 by a country mile. Except... I crossed the line with 0:01 left and, for the first time ever, triggered Lap 8 at LM. This would have been fine but for the fact that I had 3% fuel left :ouch: Even with moving to FM6 and coasting as much as I could, I ran out of fuel between the two chicanes on Hunaudieres and was certain I would now lose the race - however, the AI was over 1 min behind, and as they crossed the line, they saw the chequered flag and all finished the race.

I didn't know that this happened... I thought that once the leader crossed the line, everyone else would do the same number of laps, but obviously not. It was lucky for me, as I would have come last otherwise.

So I managed to win the race despite doing a 7:22 final lap :lol: And the race distance was 66.6 miles :ill:

-

Incidentally, that win gave me just enough credits to buy the Veneno today as well, and that's in spite of having just dropped 18M on the 917K...

Last edited:
Today;
Bought a Ferrari 500 Mondial, pretty little thing.
WtC800 at Fuji started wet got wetter and finished dry, I used a Jaguar XJR9, wet tyres and didn't need to stop, had the race been one more lap a tyre change would have been appropriate as I lost time on lap 10, still a healthy win though for a first time here in WTC.
WTC700 at LeMans I decided to try my Sylvia Q(s13) LT7 here. Fuel consumption is horrific FM6 and short shifting got 3 laps in before it rained, I came into the pits on fumes, given this cars vast power and twitchy braking when it got 3/4 wet by lap 5 it was a case of drifting from one accident to the next, car would suddenly spear off left or right for no real good reason at various speeds even on full wets, fortunately most of the AI cars where out on slicks so equally rubbish.
Ran Sardinia wtc800 in a group 3 Citroen GT, single stop small win. Not very eventful need to fix the gear ratios to make this car work better.
Ran LeMans wtc700 in a Nissan GTr, weather formed a horse shoe round me initially and dropped very little rain, rain then started in the second block of weather so switched tyres and I waited 25 seconds to avoid another lap, won by 1:04.

So, one more race ticked off, one more car collected and 3 grinder races run in unfamiliar cars.

Daily ticket, 4* = 10k :(

Ran some qualifying at Trial Mountain. Got lost in tuning madness and needed to focus. Made piktars instead....😁
Mount Haruna__1.jpeg

Mount Haruna_.jpeg

Tried "Paddock Mode" for the first time. Is it always just a smash up derby with drivers waiting to ram you into corners or did I find the kids room?

Tried "Paddock Mode" for the first time. Is it always just a smash up derby with drivers waiting to ram you into corners or did I find the kids room?
Whole thing seems kinda weird yet kinda cool at the same time. It's like a car show with a track available for fun. When you've got everything from Super Formulas to swapped Jimnys on the same track, not sure what the outcome is really supposed to be.

Maybe it's akin to a virtual "Cars-n-Coffee." Might be better titled "Cruisin' without Consequences" and is likely the only way to have a Camaro/Mustang at a car show without random spectator injuries.🤣

:cheers:

I didn't get the time I wanted to grind so I took MC20 to LeMans and I was able to get 2 laps @ FM6 but I knew that going in so it was not a problem. That car is so fast making 3 pitstops doesn't matter. I pitted back to back on laps 4 & 5 so I could get the fastest lap on lap 7. The rain was kinda of weird in that it didn't rain hard and of course since I knew I had 3 stops I decided that no matter what if it looked like it was going to rain I would change to wets. I figured I would have to change them again if there was no rain and I hoped that they would last 2 laps. That didn't happen by the start of the 2nd lap on wets they were compeletly gone and I had turn up TC to 3 and gingerly drive around the track and make sure to break early.
For Sardegna I tried a couple of cars: the MC20 again but the the fuel usage was terrible. Next I tried the 917 and it was working until it wasn't. I decreased the rear downforce to make sure I could get enough speed but it seemed to me then when it was in traffic it was kinda squishy and spinny. Got to work on a tune for it at Sardegna. The last car I tried was the Suzuki VGT Gr3 and It worked surprisingly well. I had to make 2 stops but it was a good car there. It has been fun finding some unexpected cars for Sardegna. Got 2 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🎫 and got carbon fiber brakes for something 🤷‍♂️ and a GR70 road car

On the GTP account, I bought an Audi RS 5 and a Chevrolet Corvette Gr.3 for Nations Cup purposes and did some testing with the Audi. It isn't as fast or good on tires as the AMG, but since the AMG isn't available, I wanted a custom livery, and I didn't want to burn the one example in the garage, I went with the Audi.

Naturally, I got the one thing worse than a 3-star Wheel of Despair, a parts Wheel of Despair. That puked out a Bore Up S for an engine for which I already have too many Bore Up S's.

For cash, I took its stablemate, the R8 LMS Evo, back to Sardegna. It was a ho-hum race, except for a sub-1:40 lap.

On the Plus account, I bought the Porsche 917K, leaving me 3 20,000,000-Cr. cars short of a full garage. I tried to have it pay for itself in stock form, but it is very thirsty (requires FM 3 to go 5 laps), rather unstable, and I ran into UltraFraga, who turned multiple sub-1:42 laps on his first 5-lap stint. I then tried a @praiano63 tune (less the custom race transmission) and held off a mere SuperFraga, who I passed on the last lap thanks to traffic.

It's been a while since the Wheel gave me a full-on 6-star. It was a Wheel of Despair as it gave the high-showing/lowest-legal 500,000 Cr.

I wanted to try running the 917K at the Le Mans WTC600, but I couldn't even afford IM tyres for it after spending my entire stash of Cr. on the 917K and Veneno yesterday. 😅

So I did the race using the trusty (but far too quick) Alpine A220 Race Car '68 - predictably it made mincemeat of the Gr.4 opposition, but at least it's an (almost) guaranteed 825,000 Cr. for half an hour's work - even though the weather can throw a spanner in the works. My last race I ended up pitting 4 times in 7 laps... ouch.

-

Today I continued to wait fir a Bugatti invite to complete my menus.
Must be getting on nearly a year now.....
Ridiculous I have to rely on luck !
This invitation system is ridiculous and only lead to frustration...
Agreed. It's a horrible feature of the game that really needs to go.

Last edited:
Today I continued to wait fir a Bugatti invite to complete my menus.
Must be getting on nearly a year now.....
Ridiculous I have to rely on luck !
... and PD gets away with that because the number of people claiming about that is reduced from time to time, because of the "lucky ones".
I was just lucky go get them all. But we "lucky ones" should not forget that and support your claims as ours.

Regards
M

After reading through @smoothbore12's LeMans topic and he mentioned the Bulgari VGT I went and bought one. I love that car! I don't like the fact I can't really tune it, it drives really well. I used FM4 and I could have gotten 6 laps but I decided to pit on lap 5. It very agile, steady and very quick once it gets going. I took the Living Legend to Sardegna and I forgot how much I like driving that car. When I first got the game I used to use it for everything.

kjb
After reading through @smoothbore12's LeMans topic and he mentioned the Bulgari VGT I went and bought one. I love that car! I don't like the fact I can't really tune it, it drives really well. I used FM4 and I could have gotten 6 laps but I decided to pit on lap 5. It very agile, steady and very quick once it gets going. I took the Living Legend to Sardegna and I forgot how much I like driving that car. When I first got the game I used to use it for everything.

Definitely Bulgari VGT is a very pleasant surprise as a car , a bit twitchy but that's all.
Many cars made some noise after their appearance but very soon they fall in obscurity for various reasons, such as excessive tyre wear , extremely high fuel consumption or sometimes both of them.

Where is the Valkyrie, the MC 20 ,the FXX , the Nismo 400R etc.etc.

The most " waisted " car overall is without a doubt the 2J chaparral .
Due to the gt7 pp system, a car that kicking buts back in gt6 from 600pp ,now its only a shadow of the past completely useless and collecting dust and rust in everyone's garage .
Even the Ford roadster, make better " carrier" than 2J .

Definitely Bulgari VGT is a very pleasant surprise as a car , a bit twitchy but that's all.
Many cars made some noise after their appearance but very soon they fall in obscurity for various reasons, such as excessive tyre wear , extremely high fuel consumption or sometimes both of them.

Where is the Valkyrie, the MC 20 ,the FXX , the Nismo 400R etc.etc.

The most " waisted " car overall is without a doubt the 2J chaparral .
Due to the gt7 pp system, a car that kicking buts back in gt6 from 600pp ,now its only a shadow of the past completely useless and collecting dust and rust in everyone's garage .
Even the Ford roadster, make better " carrier" than 2J .
I use the 2J & Valkryie at Sardegna. the MC20 can be used at LeMans if you can deal with a 3 stop strategy. I have really messed around with the 400 R yet. I do understand where you are coming from. It's a shame we get all of these new cars and don't really have anywhere to use them.

kjb
I use the 2J & Valkryie at Sardegna. the MC20 can be used at LeMans if you can deal with a 3 stop strategy. I have really messed around with the 400 R yet. I do understand where you are coming from. It's a shame we get all of these new cars and don't really have anywhere to use them.
I understand your " point" as you understand mine .
From any view if you try to see it , its ridiculous to have 3 pitstops in a 6-7 lap race and to have cars that can't even reach more that one lap and a half even at FM6 or electric cars that need recharge every lap 🤩 .

I understand your " point" as you understand mine .
From any view if you try to see it , its ridiculous to have 3 pitstops in a 6-7 lap race and to have cars that can't even reach more that one lap and a half even at FM6 or electric cars that need recharge every lap 🤩 .
I agree with you it is very dumb and unrealistic

I wanted to try running the 917K at the Le Mans WTC600, but I couldn't even afford IM tyres for it after spending my entire stash of Cr. on the 917K and Veneno yesterday. 😅

So I did the race using the trusty (but far too quick) Alpine A220 Race Car '68 - predictably it made mincemeat of the Gr.4 opposition, but at least it's an (almost) guaranteed 825,000 Cr. for half an hour's work - even though the weather can throw a spanner in the works. My last race I ended up pitting 4 times in 7 laps... ouch.

-

Agreed. It's a horrible feature of the game that really needs to go.
I don't think PD will remove the invite system but it be nice if they added a invite only ticket that gives the player a higher chnace of getting a invite.

The game already has tickets for.

Parts
Engines
Cars

Why not a invite only ticket?

Got the new cars and did the races. I didn't use all of them yet, I'm waiting for the Weekly Challenges to start again (🔰 = Clean Race)
  • Sunday Cup Classic - C3 Convertible 🔰
  • Japanese Clubman Cup - Evo T.M.E 🔰
  • European Clubman Cup - BVLGARI VGT

Today I revisited the online TT at the Red Bull Ring but with no improvement, finished a Red Bull Livery for the Evo IX and bought a Jaguar e-type from the legendary dealer.

A 6 stars ricket (!!!) gave me a weight reduction 5 cupom for a Tesla model performance 2023. The most useless reward ever.

5cff379952c4e90c4c0e7154fde647a7_thumb_l_x2.jpg

I got an engine swapped Miata to run under 25 minutes at the WTC600 Tokyo grind event.

For months, I've been doing other, more sprint focused, events. I am both surprised and not surprised that I still remember how to drive this event.

Now I can return to tuning this little goofball:

1709757331529.png

Latest Posts

Back