What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,625 comments
Today I took a break from grinding to drive all the 0km cars I bought some time ago when I started to collect them but haven't driven them so far, I first started with the classic cars on the new historic masters 1 lap race at Nurburgring, Without any assists besides ABS, no HUD for more immersion and no upgrades on the cars whatsoever, besides the switching out the stock tires for Sports Softs.

Also on first person view too, for more immersion.

My Corvette C4 takes laps around the other cars and finished ahead of the Countach LP400 with over 5 seconds to spare, as it handles much better than it even on stock tires...It's a late 80s sports car against a mid 70s sports so I wouldn't expect any different.

My 911 Turbo 930 was quite a handful but also fun as hell to drive, crazy acceleration and wheelspin out of corners though, I had to be careful with steering inputs at max acceleration. I beat the Countach before getting on the straight away and he didn't caught up, quite an easy victory, I had far more troubles with dealing with the car itself than the other drivers.

My Sierra Cosworth was brilliant, incredibly balanced chassis and engaging handling although it wasnt as fast on the straights like my 911 or C4, I caught up to the Countach near the straight and he just disappeared on the horizon...But I caught up to him again on the corners right before the finish line and claimed the 1st place.

I was going to try to win with my Countach LP400 and then the 25th anniversary, but the sports softs puts them both above the 580 pp limit, and they are really, really sketchy on sports medium tires...Like they don't have any grip at all past the 200km/h mark, so I dropped them.

Tonight I'm moving on to the new hypercar races, where I'll also test out a bunch of sports and supercars I bought but haven't driven yet, again without any upgrades besides sports soft tires, the race at La Sarthe interests me the most because of the high top speeds I can get to.

Ahhhh yes.. so, as it is.. semi-long story semi-short, fwiw.. LoL.. SO, yesterday afternoon with about 8.5mil sit'n around waiting for that dang Ferrari invite to show up so I could buy my final car (the Enzo) I decided to check out the used cars to see what I hadn't purchased, low and behold another Ferrari, the F-430, which I bought in a snap, & immediately went to work on it in the tune shop and maxed it all the way around, & decided off to Trial Mountain for a quick Time Trial & then off to the Trial-Mountain Arcade 5 lap to gain another cool 100K while checking out this F-430..

Now the good part.. so, after I blow the tires off all the other the cars I get to the "Wheel of Foreskin", and watching the prizes go by, a car, a stack of cash, a stack of gold, an exhaust, and wait, what is this ?? a Ferrari invite ??.. no way it stops there, but OMG it does!!!! .. at the last tick, it just flicks over, I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT!!.. waiting months for this mf'er, and it's finally here.. smh.. SO, 1st things first comes the Enzo, I just couldn't believe it, and then totally forgetting that I could purchase more than one car I decided to pick up the LaFerrari as well..

Trust, i'm trying my best not to drag this out.. LoL.. but, tale of 2 cars.. the Enzo is an absolute beast through the corners, whereas the LaFerrai is tuned damn near to 1100HP and just kills it with speed!.. but can't quite corner like the Enzo.. decisions decisons.. smh.. Regardless, my car purchases are now complete.. The ONLY car I could wish for at this point would be the Toyota GT-1 Black Beauty from the GT4 era, entirely sick IMO!.. But for me personally ?? The Enzo for my Italian stable & the RUF for my Deutschland.. now complete!..

Sorry for the length gentlemen, I'm just super stoked right now that a journey is now complete.. so what now ??.. yup, off to racing!.. I'll try to U-tube up, but mind you, i'm still PS4 & dual-shock, so don't ride me too hard.... lata'..

Pics of the "Dawgs" shortly..

NW.

Last edited:
I came back to the game after a break since we could all compete in the GTWS stuff, I decided to pick up the new GT3 GTR and make a livery ready.

20829319256286847.jpg

Got to say the older one (right) was a bit of an experiment at the time, and used the car to gain a victory at Interlagos for a GTWS Manufacturers race, but the new one (left) for livery alone is very tasty if I do say so myself!

I love the blue sheen off the bonnet and how well the front bumper as turned out.
For those that know me, I did use the GT500 GTR quite a lot in GTWS so I may make a new livery for next year's GTWS, just in case it's needed.

Picked up the McLaren F1 ‘95 and ran it at Sardegna. Also bought five Mach 1’s for my Trans Am grid. I kept one stock to use the Coyote engine,(if and when I ever get one).

The wheel drooled out another invitation for a Veyron.

It was Tokyo Day again. On the Plus account, I used the Ferrari F430 to get a NOT-CLEAN win despite no serious wall contact, pit lane violations or yellow-flag violations. I think the AI shoved me in the side in the hairpin on lap 1. On the bright side, the no-cash 5-star workout roulette gave me a Jaguar VGT Roadster, which I immediately turned into 516,010 Cr.

On the GTP account, I did a completely-clean race in a tuned Radical for the CRB. It seems, according to @Doncarlone, that any body contact loses the CRB. Oh well; guess the grind is even grindier now that Tokyo is off the list. I can't wait for PD to apply normal CRB rules to Sardegna and Sarthe.

The 3-star Wheel of Despair, of course, gave the lowest-possible 5,000 Cr.

Last edited:
Well I got all gold in licenses B,A,IB,IA first time ever, yes I'm that kind of person that just gets the bronze and moves on, which kinda has me wondering are the license test in gt7 easier then in past games?

Then I bought a 2013 viper and wasted alot of money fully tuning it only to find out I hate it fully tuned. :(

I am just doing some custom races, Spa 10 Laps Group 4 Lexus RCF, for spa finals race (more practice) and doing Group 4 Supra Willow springs need to practice track more, also what Group 4 cars do people like using? I own the Lexus RCF, Toyota Supra, Subaru WRX. I have a group 4 race coming up for cafe book, do i buy a new group 4 car or use what I have? Also got a 3-star ticket and got a Corvette ZR1 2019 model YaY :)

I have a lot of fun at doing custom race. I did a remaster of the "All night endurance" from GT1 last time, and now i wanted to recreate the Megaspeed Cup! here it is. That was some pretty fun race to play.

It was Tokyo Day again. On the Plus account, I used the Ferrari F430 to get a NOT-CLEAN win despite no serious wall contact, pit lane violations or yellow-flag violations. I think the AI shoved me in the side in the hairpin on lap 1. On the bright side, the no-cash 5-star workout roulette gave me a Jaguar VGT Roadster, which I immediately turned into 516,010 Cr.

On the GTP account, I did a completely-clean race in a tuned Radical for the CRB. It seems, according to @Doncarlone, that any body contact loses the CRB. Oh well; guess the grind is even grindier now that Tokyo is off the list. I can't wait for PD to apply normal CRB rules to Sardegna and Sarthe.

The 3-star Wheel of Despair, of course, gave the lowest-possible 5,000 Cr.
@fastone371 did some tests after me, and came to the conclusion that there is loss of crb only when the contact is initiated be the player.
If you get rammed by the ai, you will not loose the crb.
Apart from that, yeah, tiniest contact, you loose crb. My test the only contact i had was puttjng myself side by side with gallo and giving a small bump. That was enough to loose crb.

Sold one of the go karts I got for the 10 car trophy. 3 down, 6 to go.
Sold one of the cars I got from the menu glitch, 3 down, several to go.
See you tomorrow :)

Well I got all gold in licenses B,A,IB,IA first time ever, yes I'm that kind of person that just gets the bronze and moves on, which kinda has me wondering are the license test in gt7 easier then in past games?
At launch it was considerably harder than most GT games to date thanks to the odd physics of FR and specially MR cars, the A9 license test with the white NSX on Sports Hard tires was ****ing hellish, but now after all the improvements and bug fixes it's considerably easier to score gold on all tests than almost every game in the series.

S10 still gets a mention for being THE toughest and most unique final license test in the whole franchise, and also a incredible way to showcase the new dynamic weather tech that gives us the drying racing lines on the tracks.

As a matter of fact, wet weather in this this deserves more recognition, it's just incredible all around.

Last edited:
Golded the Maggiore CE, tried to teleport during the Human Comedy Race there and got a 25 second penalty.
Ground for the McLaren that just sold out, smoking the AI at Le Mans in three rotary powered cars...except in the last stint where they all flew into the pits with 6 seconds on the click yet STILL got credit for the win despite me rolling over the line first. Bought the McLaren with MTX. Shoulda been $20 but due to glitches the game charged me $60, so I loaded up on million credit cars with the rest.
I have eight cars to go from Hagerty's and will not spend over 18 million without saving up credits first. That means I'll have to push for the legendary Jaguar and the Passo corto thing. I might be able to push for the Shelby Daytona Coupe since I'll have several million credits from GTWS and the online time trial, but I'm not putting in another MTX for it unless I have over 18 million credits when it's on day 2 of Limited Stock.

Sooo I kinda forgot about the game for a couple months again, which means I had a fair amount of catching up to do.

First off was collecting a birthday present since that was yesterday, and I received a Jaguar VGT Roadster which is pretty rad. Better than the lousy Starbucks gift card I got from work anyway (I don't even like coffee). Also had a couple of extra menus that I forgot to collect the rewards for, so I got two 6-star parts tickets out of those. After that, switched to the Mangusta and did the historic car menu, which got me a pair of 4-star tickets for both the menu and mileage. I'll probably be going back to these a few more times since I've got quite a few qualifying cars that have been needing a proper excuse to be driven in anger.

Followed that up with seeing how the car sales worked, and I get why folks may not like it but honestly I find it really interesting. Even if it turns out to be artificial, the idea that these cars that I own have fluctuating value makes them feel a bit more valuable to me, not just like a tool that I end up dumping for a fixed return when I'm done with them. Especially when I see weird anamolies like the Pantera losing a third of its value in less than a week or the Focus rally car's value skyrocketing for reasons I can only guess at. That said I made a good 2 million credits clearing out the unwanted clutter, including cutting my losses on the Nismo GTR-LM because I'm 120% done with that thing, and instead went to Hagertys to buy a much better Nissan race car that I could now afford.

After that it was the 25th anniversary section, and while I could complain at length about how I disliked the two races, getting 2 million and a free X2019 for my trouble made up for it.

Finally I cashed in the tickets I had: the parts tickets gave me a stage 5 weight reduction for the C7 Corvette ZR-1, which gives me some bad ideas, and also titanium pistons for the DB11... which is a funny coincidence, because one of my two 4-star tickets gave me that exact car. The other one was just some pocket change, but at this point I had collected so much good stuff that frankly I wasn't concerned about it.

Later tonight I'll be doing some laps around Road Atlanta, it's another track that I've run countless laps on in other games, but I know that it's also one where superfast things like prototypes and the like are actually fun to drive so I'm glad to see it back.

@fastone371 did some tests after me, and came to the conclusion that there is loss of crb only when the contact is initiated be the player.
If you get rammed by the ai, you will not loose the crb.
Apart from that, yeah, tiniest contact, you loose crb. My test the only contact i had was puttjng myself side by side with gallo and giving a small bump. That was enough to loose crb.
I didn't save the replay, but if memory serves, I was fully alongside the AI and hugging the curbing when contact was made by the AI attempting to occupy the space I had.

Guess it's Sardegna and Sarthe for my grinds...until PD takes those away as well.

I am confused, what were you doing? Is this racing from a lap down?
I enjoy watching replays since the first Gran Turismo. It’s the reason why I play racing games. I’m experimenting with finding camera angles that give me a spectator’s view point.

On the Plus account, I used the Lexus RC F Gr.4 for a very-easy 6-lap win in the very-wet. It started raining at the end of lap 2, when I took my intermediates (should have taken wet, as some yellow passed over the track and the water meter was almost completely full by the end of lap 3), and didn't stop the first time until the middle of lap 4 and finally stopped halfway through lap 5. Only the cars that usually do 1 stop and the backmarkers actually accounted for the rain on their lap 3 stop, and Haywood was the only worry as he took full wets on lap 3 and went to RS tires on lap 5 to complete his 6 laps in 30:21.

The usual 4-star roulette dispensed not the usual lowest-possible 10,000 Cr., but an ultra-high rpm turbo for the 2002 Mazda RX-7. That's something.

On the GTP account, I used my tuned Focus RS for the Sarthe win, and the insulting lowest-possible 5,000 Cr. from the 3-star Wheel of Despair.

I answered the last question in that viewer thingy, won a stage 5 weight reduction for the 2017 NSX from the previous day's ticket and then applied said modification before taking it to Road Atlanta. After that I got another ticket which awarded me with and invite to buy the Bugatti Veyron, so I did. I took the car to Road Atlanta and discovered that it's a pig; not going any faster than the NSX on a 500KG diet. I then drove the Z on Road Atlanta, completed the Circuit Experience and did the Big Willow time trial in the Escudo. My time was good enough for gold.

I just won the demonstration event on sport mode with the Toyota Gr010 hybrid, first by scoring the pole position which was easier than i expected, then by using simple pit strategy of starting out wit Racing Medium tires instead of the default Racing Softs, and pushing them all the way up to lap 11 by using smooth throttle and braking inputs, learning how to brake smoothly and downshifting at the same time is a game changer for endurance races as you need to oreserve the front tires.

then when there were 5 laps left I pitted in to change to Racing softs to try to score the fastest lap, but I failed because of back markers messing with my focus, sadly.

I still finished 15 seconds of the 2nd place though, 800k in the bank...

Also I scored a ultra high Turbo for my veyron on the roulette, which I promptly used it on and did a Supersport build with it

Took the Ford Cosworth into a couple of Historic races..... handles beautifully! Managed to get 1st at the Ring, which had eluded me in the Italian supercars. Nice motor, well worth buying and trying.

What I did today? Nothing really to tell you the true I just went to the Ferrari dealership and got sad that I have over 60m in credits and I cant buy the Ferrari FXX-K.

I really have lost interest in buying any more cars till I can buy the fxx-k. 😴

Back