What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,300 comments
I know some of the regulars in this thread are like me and are vintage racers, that being said I took the covers off my D-Type Jaguar and fully tuned it up for an attempt at LeMans.
I run all of my grinds at FM6 just to make it easy on pit schedules.
The D-Type is a handful until you get an understanding of its weight transfer habits, my way was to brake early and then feather throttle thru the turns sometimes just coasting.
The rains came light at lap two with heavy spots skirting the track until the end of lap three which then I took my pitstop for petrol and wets, when I exited pit row at lap four it was in stage two rain and never got higher in the race.
It's a fun challenge to get the old cars out to beat the newer Gr.4 cars. 18a4985fa6024-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_433523156342619_1693449829463.jpg
My next attempt with be the AM DB3S.

Today I...

Had a horrible day first the news on the PS+ price hike.

Second I was only able to grind 9M credits bringing my total to 29.8M which means it officially kills any chance to grind 100M in 5 days again. :banghead::mad::ouch::irked::grumpy:

And third my 2nd DS controller is starting to show Joystick Drift.:irked:

Yesterday I realise that cars of the 130 plus am missing, half of them are gr3 and gr4 cars 👀 .
The good part is i can buy four of them every in the price tag 300-45er0k .
If LCD " helps" not bringing up any of the 20million cars , might be able to take them all till end of September.

Other than that, 2 sunny la sarthe races and went at the beach to see the last full moon of the summer......
IMG_20230830_210321888.jpg

Realized I'm probably buying/wanting a bunch of cars I can likely EARN through the menu books...should probably focus on those for a minute. 😁

Started at the bottom of what was left so K-Cup it was. Had a Beat so threw some money at that for fun. Did all of the weight reductions (shooting for Kart weight), suspension and gearbox upgrades (full race trans might have been unnecessary). Threw the big turbo at it and away we went. Well, had to knock the power back to 87% to get the PP down to 399.26...THEN we were good to go.

Holy crap this thing is a blast to drive. On the comfort softs you can pretty much point and shoot anywhere, and at any time. Come in too hot? Drift it out, all will be fine...you're only doin' 80 anyway.:cheers:

Can I ask, PS4 or PS5?
Asking " Billionaire " , remember ?
Its an insult - kind of - such a question 🤣
Billionaire with ps4 no longer exists around the globe.

I see you having fun with your old ladies at La Sarthe .
Its been 3-4 days now, that i run only two times a day and if it wasn't about griding obligation i would be happy with only one 👀
In other words:
I miss winter ......... badly.

Today's 6 am run > Was not very productive. I changed my mind and I get back into the Clio since I already have some experience with it and I can race the next Menu (12) with it too. Did some practice laps at Deep Forest and it was much slower than the Scirocco. Bought some soft tyres, I was curious if such an increase in PP was exaggerated or not, turns out it wasn't, I was "only" 2 sec slower now. Decided to enter the race anyway and I ended at P4, the car was underwhelming against the AMG A 45 and such others. I tuned it a bit more so I could came close to that 520 PP mark and it felt great. Good enough for P2 and a clean race bonus but I lost so much time (about 5-6 sec) passing cars on the first lap that it I couldn't catch the leader even being 2 sec faster than him in the second lap.

Then my daughter woke up and I lost my chance to race the time trial with the Ferrari at Monza and try to improve my time. Maybe tomorrow.

I just completed the WTC 700 Sarthe race in first place with a clean race bonus but only got paid 330,000?

Looks like the dream team have done it again, fixing 1 glitch and creating 10 more in the process. It's like they're trying to swat a fly with a sledge hammer in a china shop.

On the Plus account, I tried the Peugeot VGT at Sardegna. The lack of downforce made it hard to drive, and it took both FM 6 and fuel management to get 5 laps out of the car. At least the tires lasted 15 laps with little wear, and the 26:32 was good for the win over a game Fraga.

On the Wheels of Despair front, make it 7 months of 8 with more than my share of 3-stars, as the 10th of 23 for the month actually was good, pushing out the low-showing, but 2nd-highest-possible, 100,000 Cr.

On the GTP account, I sent another French fake car, the Alpine VGT Race, to Sardegna. It is very much a different drive - less power, more grip (though not quite up to Gr.3 standards), and better fuel economy (6 laps on FM 1). Even with a slight crash adding 3 seconds, the 26:42 was good for a relatively-easy win.

The 4th 3-star Wheel of Despair on the month (making 14 of 46 between the 2 accounts, and yet another month where the combined total is more than expected) puked out the lowest-possible 5,000 Cr. At least I got 1,000,000 Cr. from the online time trial, which allowed me to get the newer Alpine VGT as well as the Mercedes-Benz AMG VGT.

After the Hagerty's/UCD refresh, I went back to the Plus account and grabbed my first Trophy Three car over there, the 1967 Ford Mark IV Race Car.

Last edited:
Was surprised to get the GR010 as I don't have PS Plus, but am glad I did a practice lap now (which didn't need PS Plus)!
Also received the "Morolla Chorizo" - not sure why they named it after a sausage 🤔

Used the GR010 to finally clear the GR1 menu though I only came second on Indianapolis.

6 star ticket got me a McLaren VGT which I didn't have 👍 . Haven't been able to win the VGT races yet, this should do the trick.

And daily mileage got me a cheap Safety Car which i also didnt have.

One of my better days on GT7 👍
Downtuned the McLaren VGT I got yesterday to win the VGT races. 850pp or less it says... challenge accepted ;)
IMG_20230830_114325.jpg

Also, talking of round numbers...
IMG_20230831_211608.jpg

Asking " Billionaire " , remember ?
Its an insult - kind of - such a question 🤣
Billionaire with ps4 no longer exists around the globe.

I see you having fun with your old ladies at La Sarthe .
Its been 3-4 days now, that i run only two times a day and if it wasn't about griding obligation i would be happy with only one 👀
In other words:
I miss winter ......... badly.
Sorry to insult but I am a PS4 and I've got one controller with a drift problem but it is vertical and does not affect gameplay.
I run the LeMans once a day mainly for the mileage for ticket and it does pay well...
I just completed the WTC 700 Sarthe race in first place with a clean race bonus but only got paid 330,000?

Looks like the dream team have done it again, fixing 1 glitch and creating 10 more in the process. It's like they're trying to swat a fly with a sledge hammer in a china shop.
Can I ask did you wait at finish line for time to run out because you did not want to run a seventh lap? Possible p2 went into pits and passed the start/finish line just after the 30 min were up and beat you, it has happened to me.
I just saw your other post, I will investigate this....

Last edited:
And third my 2nd DS controller is starting to show Joystick Drift.:irked:
This really, really highlights how much more time I need to spend at practice...I'm still on my first controller and have zero drift issues. Oh, and it's a DS4.😁

Seriously though, is this something that happens to ALL controllers over time or do y'all just have next-level hand strength??🤣

:cheers:

@jrbabbitt it happens to me also one time .
Didn't calculate well the time and pass me at the pits ,so i end up second.
If the track is wet , usually takes more time for the second AI to catch you .
I use a " system" that never fails, i check the time left when the 2nd turn at virage de Mulsanne , if it is 2 minutes ,it impossible to catch me at any track conditions.
Of course I've done this so many times when rain occurs and becomes something like " automatic" procedure .
I know well enough,before i stop, if i need another lap or not .
Note that am talking about " easy" mode, other settings are different with the hard need usually and a 7 lap at rain.

@NW_Saint its a place near to ermioni at argolida state .

Bought 5 gr4 and gr3 yesterday, got back at 99 plus and ill repeat that today.
First time that i face 3 dry races in a row after so many times ,one yesterday and two the day before.
Need to put in order my weather results for this month since update launched yesterday.
Have a nice day all .

PS
@ProfDoobverk you are talking about the usual Griding race of 825 k ?
Its impossible what you wrote.

From my point of view , you was waiting at the start finish straight and the AI pass you during their pitstop without notice that.
Another explanation is that you gather some penalties during last lap , end up first and see it ,but the game apply the penalties after and loose your place.

There's no other way to happen that you're writing .

Last edited:
@jrbabbitt it happens to me also one time .
Didn't calculate well the time and pass me at the pits ,so i end up second.
If the track is wet , usually takes more time for the second AI to catch you .
I use a " system" that never fails, i check the time left when the 2nd turn at virage de Mulsanne , if it is 2 minutes ,it impossible to catch me at any track conditions.
Of course I've done this so many times when rain occurs and becomes something like " automatic" procedure .
I know well enough,before i stop, if i need another lap or not .
Note that am talking about " easy" mode, other settings are different with the hard need usually and a 7 lap at rain.

@NW_Saint its a place near to ermioni at argolida state .

Bought 5 gr4 and gr3 yesterday, got back at 99 plus and ill repeat that today.
First time that i face 3 dry races in a row after so many times ,one yesterday and two the day before.
Need to put in order my weather results for this month since update launched yesterday.
Have a nice day all .

PS
@ProfDoobverk you are talking about the usual Griding race of 825 k ?
Its impossible what you wrote.

From my point of view , you was waiting at the start finish straight and the AI pass you during their pitstop without notice that.
Another explanation is that you gather some penalties during last lap , end up first and see it ,but the game apply the penalties after and loose your place.

There's no other way to happen that you're writing .
watch this video he posted...

watch this video he posted...

What i also see is a car at the pits that is cover him after time expires.

Also technically at le mans the winner is the one who covers the longer distance, don't know if that is applicable at the game also.

The finish order is missing also , perhaps it will be more understandable to what happened.

For me, its better to calculate the time left than trying to find a solution in a " problem" that occurs one time in a thousand.

Isn't worth to deal with it and spoil your psychology or whatever .

Not forget to mention, that race from day one i play it , had a kind of glitch or whatever as far it concern the AI .
When you wait for 6 lap end ,the finish order sheet,saw that the AI was way far behind than it is in reality.
Might be 10 seconds behind you but it saws the time that they had when you star waiting approximately.

Last edited:
Today's 6am run > Single player was OK-ish. I completed Menu 11 by racing at Sardegna. Finished P3 at 1-1,5 sec of P1-P2, 12 sec (!!!) ahead of P4, I couldn't catch the damn AMG A45 and Alpine 110 with my Clio. Tomorrow Alsace Championship (Menu 12) with the Clio again, at least no AMG since it's French cars only, lol.

Sport mode was not so OK as I couldn't improve any of my lap times on the trials.

Finally opened some roulette tickes. One was 100k, the rest crap.

I broke away from AC6 for a little bit to get my daily marathon. I took the Valkyrie to LeMans no chicane did about 3.5 laps. I actually broke my record by 8 seconds! The crazy thing is I feel like I could probably shave a few more seconds off that time. The Valkyrie is great car and it starting to be one of favorites to drive. I bought Maserati that's in LCD to finish the extra menu. I also bought the 25th Anniversary Countach because I just knew I had an engine for but.... I didn't 🤷🏾‍♂️ I went and swapped some engines that I never used. I painted the original Countach black and painted the rims. Got a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and a ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 🎟️🎟️ . Got 500k and 10k.
18a5104f6ff2-screenshotUrl.jpg

What i also see is a car at the pits that is cover him after time expires.

Also technically at le mans the winner is the one who covers the longer distance, don't know if that is applicable at the game also.

The finish order is missing also , perhaps it will be more understandable to what happened.

For me, its better to calculate the time left than trying to find a solution in a " problem" that occurs one time in a thousand.

Isn't worth to deal with it and spoil your psychology or whatever .

Not forget to mention, that race from day one i play it , had a kind of glitch or whatever as far it concern the AI .
When you wait for 6 lap end ,the finish order sheet,saw that the AI was way far behind than it is in reality.
Might be 10 seconds behind you but it saws the time that they had when you star waiting approximately.
It is an old bug - AI drivers that enter the pit at Sarthe and trigger the pit sequence before you cross the finish line, either on-track or in the pits, are scored ahead of you until you physically pass the pit box past the finish line.

Also, Le Mans got rid of the distance rule after the Ford teams did their 1-2-3 stunt in 1967 and the car that crossed first was not declared the winner.

Last edited:
Last night after taking a crack at the new Corvette time trial, I decided to take the Carrera GT out for a spin at Deep Forest. The inside of that car is beautiful. Afterwards, I decided to try the VR replay mode (I'm new to VR) and initially didn't think too much of it.

Then I moved my head.

The times I could see the car go to my left . . . then I would turn around and look over my right shoulder and still see the car going around the bend? Next level for me. Other than the one time I bounced my head off the couch it was enthralling. Spent about 18 minutes watching my 20 minute driving session.

I'll be back at LaSarthe in my 904 tonight.

@smoothbore12 this is unconfirmed until they're further reports from other sources but it seems to me and I've ran this race twice already that the weather at Le Mans has considerably lightened up. I ran One race I got very light rain and laps three and four and then it went Sunny for the rest of the race an hour after that I ran it again and I had no rain but there was clouds in the radar and cleared up by the end of lap four and I had no rain at all.

Last edited:
@smoothbore12 this is unconfirmed until they're further reports from other sources but it seems to me and I've ran this race twice already that the weather at Le Mans has considerably lightened up. I ran One race I got very light rain and laps three and four and then it went Sunny for the rest of the race an hour after that I ran it again and I had no rain but there was clouds in the radar and cleared up by the end of lap four and I had no rain at all.
Usually at the beginning of each month the rains lightens but then as the month progresses the more rain comes

I was praying for rain 🤣 cause i was very tired and about to fall asleep but in 4 races the 3 was damn sunny and full dry .
Ill upload my recearch on Sunday, can't do it later .

I was praying for rain 🤣 cause i was very tired and about to fall asleep but in 4 races the 3 was damn sunny and full dry .
Ill upload my recearch on Sunday, can't do it later .
On my third race this morning with my race modified DB5
18a516f24fb86-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_433557214302702_1693582868369.jpg
(Looks much better without a wing)
I had a mild weather race again, I admit it did rain this time for half of lap four and it only filled up stage one in wet meter so I stayed on RH tyres, stopped for fuel on the ends of 3 and 6 and Ran out the seventh to finish in first.

Ok, I thought it was just a coincidence. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who thought this.

Last night:

Tried the TT at Laguna Seca with the controller just to get the Daily Marathon ticket, expecting it to be horrible, but it was really pretty good fun. Managed a silver quite comfortably even with the controller, so will try to improve that time with the wheel tonight.

Tonight:

Did back-to-back WTC700 races at Le Sarthe. Pocketed 1.6M Cr. for just over an hour's racing.

@jrbabbitt I don't find the weather any easier - both races were a bit touch and go thanks to unpredictable rain showers. First race it started raining on Lap 4 and then it got heavy for half a lap, so Inters were needed. The second race, a small patch of heavy rain was about to hit as I ended Lap 2 - I pitted for Inters and that worked out very well, but the track dried out very quickly and I was lucky to make it around Lap 4 without my tyres going off completely. Second half of the lap I had to drive completely off the track just to pick up what was left of the moisture. So Inters needed both times and made both races trickier strategy-wise.

Back