What did you notice the most in the demo?

  • Thread starter Thread starter zotobom
  • 199 comments
  • 20,301 views
Nowhere is this game referred to as 'Gran Turismo 6 demo'. It's the 2013 Nissan GT Academy powered by Gran Turismo 6. There is a difference.
 
+ Completely LOVE the loading transitions with the flags crossing the screen.
+ Love the short loading times.
+ Great physics.
+(slightly) better drafting.
+ Graphics are great.
+ All the featured tracks look "premium".
+ Good UI

Other than that.. mostly the same as GT5
 
you Europeans are making me super jealous right now that the NA PS Store is not updated yet.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!
 
The game supports 20 cars now?
 
How do you figure? I see 16 slots on the Results screen.

Bah never mind i'm an idiot

Anyone seen the replays though? The driver views show more of the car. The driver himself looks a bit crosseyed but at least has a little sparkle in his eyes.

Looking at his face, he sort of looks like luigi...
 
First thing I noticed was the inconsistent frame rate in cockpit cam. More life like physics with all the body roll and sense of tire flex. But for some reason it didn't feel that "fun".
 
Here Comes Sparky with a full review of my experience:

Liked:

1. Detail on the tracks is a big step over GT5 (Dat Autumn Ring :drool:)

2. Cars look better and are more colourful IMO. Overall I see improvement over GT5

3. Silverstone (First time on this track ever in anywhere and I already love all of it's layouts).

4. The New physics. I feel the Z34 (The car I've used the most) easier to drive than in GT5 for some awkward reason on Sports Hards. I test every car I buy from the NCD in bone stock form on the Top Gear Track on Sports Hards with nothing touched at all. The Bodyroll of the cars is much more apparent than ever before, I first noticed it in my first race with the Leaf. A tyre model that shows that more than 2 tyres are taking the load during a turn even on an FF car. Suspension also contributes to making the machine feel alive 👍

5. The accessibility of the GT Academy events. I feel like I'm competing with the people on the leaderboards, not the Gold Time and I like that.

6. The U.I. is a gigantic improvement over GT5. The New start button menu looks useful judging by it's options. Everything is quick, immediate and responsive.

7. Dat Loading Screen :drool:

8. Meaty despite being a Demo/Competition Hybrid.

9. The Rendering engine shows it's worth.

Disliked :yuck::

1. Shadows have improved but in this demo they sometimes flicker around and look a little iffy. Overall they're better but this must improve further.

2. Framerate Drops, during races and trials it happens rarely.

3. Some slow stuff.

4. To quote Earth: Nissan Nissan Nissan Nissan

5. I wanted to drive more than just Nissans (See #4).

6. Wanted Willow Springs and Matterhorn in it :(
 
Sense of speed seems a lot better to me
 
Nowhere is this game referred to as 'Gran Turismo 6 demo'. It's the 2013 Nissan GT Academy powered by Gran Turismo 6. There is a difference.

Actually there isn't...if it's powered by Gran Turismo 6, what we are playing is essentially the Gran Turismo 6 demo.
 
My quick review/verdict on the demo...

Looks good, drives good

And if the full game includes a comprehensive paint and livery editor instead of the dopey
paint chip system, I may be pulled back into the GT fold after being swayed by Forza

Because I just love love love being able to personalise my cars :D
 
Actually there isn't...if it's powered by Gran Turismo 6, what we are playing is essentially the Gran Turismo 6 demo.

No, we're not. We're playing Nissan GT Academy 2013. That post was aimed at those complaining it's all about Nissan's.
 
I noticed numbers next to the traction indicators...cool.

better fuel meter too.

Also in car cameras during replays are different for both cars, is that normal?
 
The reason this is a but on the low framerate at times is because it is still a beta, it has not all been finished and is still under development
 
Last edited:
No, we're not. We're playing Nissan GT Academy 2013. That post was aimed at those complaining it's all about Nissan's.

+1

GT Academy is sponsored by Nissan, so it's not a pure PD product neither a Gran Turismo 6 demo only.
 
The reason this is a but on the low framerate at times is because it is still a beta, it has not all been finished and is still unser development

How do you know that?
 
The steering with my G25 feels lifeless and very heavy and jerky. Turned it to simulation, power assist and ffb 3.

Without ABS, braking feels like GT5 Prologue. Touch the brakes even very lightly and the back end just gives up.

Massive frame rate drops - feels like strobe lighting.
 
Nowhere is this game referred to as 'Gran Turismo 6 demo'. It's the 2013 Nissan GT Academy powered by Gran Turismo 6. There is a difference.

"powered by gran turismo 6" on load up screen

and no support for the little red dial on the dfgt. sadface.
 
Last edited:
The reason this is a but on the low framerate at times is because it is still a beta, it has not all been finished and is still unser development

That is a very fair and valid point. It does however raise concerns, for me anyhow.

Frame rate issues with one car on track. That's without weather effects and 15 other cars to add.

Sounds still in beta mode too at this late stage is not a good sign of being on target for release.

AI still in beta mode. If the AI are placeholders as some have suggested.

With all the hopes of leader boards, livery editor, free roam, bikes, damage model, customisation and GT underpants still up in the air, I think we need to temper our expectations on GT6.

TBH, before paint chips were mentioned I was 50/50 on a livery editor being introduced.
Now I would say forget it and continue optimising the game engine for 60FPS.
Honestly I'd take a locked 30 over stuttering at this point.

The worry's about the final product wasn't on my list before the demo came out. Now I'm back to worrying about the basics again.

Hope they fix it on time. I'm not down with all this multiple patches again.

Anyone rolled a car yet?
 
"powered by gran turismo 6" on load up screen

Chocolate fingers don't contain fingers.
No Fairy's are harmed when making fairy cakes.

Etc etc.
 
The music kinda has a older GT feel. GT3 is what I thought of while in the menus and how you viewed you cars in the garage, except GT3 just has the paint color, not the car. But holy cow! Autumn Ring in the 370z race :drool: Beautiful!
 
Car sounds have improved. It's not Forza good, but they are still an improvement from GT5's vacuum cleaners.
 
I honestly have not seen frame rate issues at all, but my system is a 160 GB slim, so maybe that has something to do with it.
 
I honestly have not seen frame rate issues at all, but my system is a 160 GB slim, so maybe that has something to do with it.

That's annoying. Buy a sound theatre for good sounds, buy a new ps3 for in game luxury's like a stable frame rate. Face east and play when there's a full moon for optimal performance. Sheez.
 
Chocolate fingers don't contain fingers.
No Fairy's are harmed when making fairy cakes.

Etc etc.

That's a really bad argument, powered by probably means that this is the gt6 engine.
Ice water contains ice and water, and THEY'RE THE SAME THING!!!!
 
One of the first things I noticed was the feel of the wheel when driving. It seemed that there was just a tiny bit of play at the center position which was not there in GT4 or 5. I am thinking/hoping that this will remove that tendency for some cars to want to fight you coming out of a corner or even going straight. This was really bad in previous versions in some cars and on some tracks. GT5P was probably the worst but a few cars in GT5 were pretty bad as well, The X1 especially so.

I'm not sure about the FFB strength as I was using different settings than I used in the past. left the game set at 5 and 100 on my Elite wheel but with that combo the FFB was pretty mild. I will crank it up a bit in the game and see how it feels.

I also just updated the firmware on my wheel from 721 to 757 so some of this may be related to the new firmware. I will need to go back and run a few laps in GT5 to be sure.

Overall the game looked good and felt good. I like the new menus, loading times are much better, cars drive well, body roll is sweet. Can't wait for the full game :)
 
Back