What do I need.....

  • Thread starter Thread starter 187
  • 11 comments
  • 488 views

187

Messages
77
Hey Guys

I just wanted to know what Hardware and software do I need
to record videos from my PS2?

Is there a chance of recording them without a TV in/out put?

Thanx Dom
 
You will need Tv in/out, i'm pretty sure.
 
I am searching for something like a cable from Ps2 -> PC

How do you record your videos?
 
Well I don't think you will find anything that goes straight from the PS2 to PC. If you want to record videos you will need need a tv in/out card or some other device that can recieve input from the AV leads. I haven't actually recorded any GT3 movies but i have messed with other stuff. I got some software with my video card called CyberLink PowerDirector or somthing like that, and from there you would save each different replay. And then you would use a different program with you can cut and edit. The one i used (not for gt3 movies) was called TMPGenc, and from there you can convert it to VCD, SVCD and some others. BUT this maybe not be the easiest way, you should ask some one with experience doing this. I think Famine knows, he will probably reply.
 
You definitely need a capture card. What is it you're trying to record?
kideng
 
I wanted to start recording my Drift Vids.
 
If you have a sharkport, I would be happy to record them for you in whatever format.
kideng
 
I think you need a sharkport and a TV Card...:)
 
Well, I have a sharkport and a capture card. So all he needs is to transfer his replay to a sharkport file and send it to me. And I'll do the rest.
kideng
 
yes You need a Video Capture card on your PC and a sharkport..and some multimedia know how
 
Is a capture card different from a TV Tuner card?
 
A capture card just take an av input and transfers it to a digital medium. A TV tuner is well, a TV tuner, allows you to watch TV on your computer, change channel's etc. These days, if a card has one of those, it more than likely has the other too.
kideng
 
Back