What do you agree is cool, but still irrationally hate?

• Thread starter ginsunh
  • 23 comments
ginsunh
There are many features, cars, tracks, etc. that have been added to the game since the first Gran Turismo. They all add to the game's coolness for most people, but you still hate it. Perhaps irrationally, because you'd never want to see these features leave the game, unlike real bogus issues like bad menu structure or wonky physics. I'll start:

Racing in the rain. It's awesome that it's in the game, I'm glad people like it. But I hate it. Even when I'm good at it. Hate it.

Custom races. It's a cool feature.

...but the payout is miserable. The AI sucks too, so you have to take it into account if you want to make a difficulty tailored for you. If you're objectively much faster than the AI, that is.

For casual players it's like the best feature there is. Used to be less good, but now that you can save your custom race settings, custom races are pure fan service, as well as giving the developers a break by not having to create events for the players.

Last edited:
Several things -

1) drifting, can’t get on with this. But is cool for those who like it

2) dirt races - don’t mind these as much in GT7, as the physics seems to have approved. Not a fan but provides variety for those who like them

3) Cone missions - just silly. These were OK in GT6, where they didn’t mean anything but not as part of a mission

Just hate the unpredictable rain that have some races and wish they have a button to lock the rain out.
It might be light,heavy and in some cases you need a boat to finish instead of a car.
Torrential rain hit on lemans for 2.5 laps !!! once
The AI was gathered in a middle of a straight hiting one eachother as they couldn't get back on track.
There is nothing cool at all in this case i think.

Also i hate night city races , perhaps due to my age .

Just hate the unpredictable rain that have some races and wish they have a button to lock the rain out.
It might be light,heavy and in some cases you need a boat to finish instead of a car.
Torrential rain hit on lemans for 2.5 laps !!! once
The AI was gathered in a middle of a straight hiting one eachother as they couldn't get back on track.
There is nothing cool at all in this case i think.

Also i hate night city races , perhaps due to my age .
Yeah, I like the ambience/atmosphere driving in the rain at night (Spa race where it is predictable, same thing each race - very atmospheric n VR), but generally don;t like the rain at all. Trundling around at half speed trying not to spin out is not something I enjoy, or want to encounter when playing racing games tbh... Granted it rains IRL, just would rather be able to drive cars flat out most the time, than treading around on tenderhooks... hell, I don't even like to ever reduce FM from 1.

Last edited:
Free speech and free will. These days, Humans don't seem to know how to be responsible with either—

Oh, Gran Turismo 7? Rain and drifting. I refuse to drift, I think it's dumb. And I barely drive in the rain in real life at city speeds. I hate the rain in racing games.

Daily marathon tickets... no matter how many Stars I get (and there is clearly no rhyme or reason) and there being 5 "prizes", I always (and I mean ALWAYS) get the useless one!

It could be a cool way to reward regular driving or extra long marathons etc and it could be cool at getting you access to things like carbon prop shafts and Stage 5 lightening that you cannot buy, but as it works right now, I hate it!

Free speech and free will. These days, Humans don't seem to know how to be responsible with either—

Oh, Gran Turismo 7? Rain and drifting. I refuse to drift, I think it's dumb. And I barely drive in the rain in real life at city speeds. I hate the rain in racing games.

Welcome back! It's been a while. What brings you back mate... psvr2?

I can recall you mentioning rain in real life before... you had a bad accident IIRC?

Last edited:
Several things -

1) drifting, can’t get on with this. But is cool for those who like it

2) dirt races - don’t mind these as much in GT7, as the physics seems to have approved. Not a fan but provides variety for those who like them

3) Cone missions - just silly. These were OK in GT6, where they didn’t mean anything but not as part of a mission
I would agree 100%, except... the F%# cones... since they make that "mandatory" to complete missions, isn't even remotely cool either...

Drifting and Dirt are O.K. to have, even if not very well implemented... I mean, I only raced the dirt races needed to complete menus, not touched any of the others, specially on that rallycross thing at Catalunya

I would agree 100%, except... the F%# cones... since they make that "mandatory" to complete missions, isn't even remotely cool either...

Drifting and Dirt are O.K. to have, even if not very well implemented... I mean, I only raced the dirt races needed to complete menus, not touched any of the others, specially on that rallycross thing at Catalunya

That rallycross thing at Catalunya bizarre. Even in reasonably low powered cars you can barely get put of 2nd gear. Track seems tiny, more like something you'd race on using a kids scrambler or go karts (minus the dirt) at same public access karting track !

Last edited:
I find several things in the game potentially cool, but the way they are implemented is annoying. I wouldn't say I find them irrationally annoying though, as that suggests it's unfair to be annoyed by them.

For example, the return of the UCD and the LCD, good ideas and implemented well (UCD) in previous games with the available cars updating as you progress through the game. Skip to GT7 and the cars update in real time every day or two. They've replaced a system that worked well enough for what it was with a worse system.

Same goes for the chase the rabbit races, the races were better in earlier GT games before that format took over. The number and variety of races has taken a massive hit from earlier games.

There's just a plethora of baffling decisions that hamper what should have easily been the best GT game to date.

Last edited:
I love the custom liveries. However I hate how that is not a user friendly guide on how to make them. Best I can do is stick on a decal. I've no idea on how to add stripes or gradient effects.

B80
That rallycross thing at Catalunya bizarre. Even in reasonably low powered cars you can barely get put of 2nd gear. Track seems tiny, more like something you'd race on using a kids scrambler or go karts (minus the dirt) at same public access karting track !
I do not understand the point of this race. It's impractical and close to impossible to start in the back and win without bashing into everyone.

I do not understand the point of this race. It's impractical and close to impossible to start in the back and win without bashing into everyone.

Yeah it's more at home in something like wreckfest imo.

Good thing is, it's easy enough to gold and never go near again.

I imagine some find it somewhat fun. Just a bit silly though imo, and not really in step with the game in general.

That drag racing is a thing in this game, but ridiculously underutalized. Like, it's in the missions and that's it. We should be able to do custom races for drag racing. That would be awesome, even against the AI. What would be even cooler is a Sport Mode drag racing option. That, IMO, is where the tuning would be super cool.

Oh, and I forgot one: American muscle cars from the 1960s.

I love that they're in here but I hate the way they're represented. Having owned a few in my 53 years, I know well that IRL these tanks couldn't beat a Honda Fit around any track without $50,000 of brake and suspension mods. They are pigs. And now I'm watching a 1970 Challenger running wheel to wheel with my Viper? Come on . . . . .

That drag racing is a thing in this game, but ridiculously underutalized. Like, it's in the missions and that's it. We should be able to do custom races for drag racing. That would be awesome, even against the AI. What would be even cooler is a Sport Mode drag racing option. That, IMO, is where the tuning would be super cool.
I wish there was a bit more drag racing in GT7 also, but, to be fair, drag racing can get boring rather quickly for a lot of people. It‘s fun to do sometimes, assuming you’re racing another human, but unless you’re a big drag race fan, or there is something special about the way it is implemented in the game (like public brackets, a season with leaderboards, or unusually high payouts) I’m guessing most people wouldn’t use it much after the first month if it was just in single player mode.
I can’t imagine how frustrating it would be trying to drag race others online with how unstable a lot of people find Sport mode.
If it’s just lining up against an AI opponent and going 1/4 mile and that’s it, it would likely take a lot more effort for PD to put in the game than people would use it.

If it’s just lining up against an AI opponent and going 1/4 mile and that’s it, it would likely take a lot more effort for PD to put in the game than people would use it.
But that’s the thing, PD have already put that effort in and included single player drag racing against the AI, they’ve just limited it to a small number of single payout mission events. It would take very little effort to have made a class based drag racing league with repeatable drag racing events tailored to cars of different performance levels. They‘ve done that already, the hard work is certainly done, albeit they’ve not implemented it very well or made much use of that feature. But you see this underuse of assets and features throughout the game.

This.

Kaz and his team clearly has no idea what drag racing even is about. The missions are pathetic. The “starting signal” is randomised for some reason, unlike a proper system which uses a Christmas tree, and what’s also incorrect is that the starting signal starts the timer.

A more authentic drag racing mode would indeed be awesome, but seeing how clueless PD are I doubt it will ever happen.

Last edited:
The glitch/niche tunes made possible by the dodgy PP system.
like the 400PP-ish ~400HP R33 or the 463PP-ish 1232HP S13 or anything that blatantly beats the purpose of the PP system.
cool feat but I hate it with a passion

Back