What do you think about this idea for career mode?

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 35 comments

What style of a career mode would you like?

• You go through the history of racing.

Votes: 24 43.6%
  • You are a driver making career decisions. (Such as picking the next Championship you would like to j

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • GT5s career was perfect and can't be improved.

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seriously. Don't you feel the events in GT5 are like last minute efforts?

GT5 is a game with a whole bunch of features, but doesn't really execute them to their potential.

I believe GT PSP killed PD's staff and thus, we were left with GT5.

GT5's A-Spec for me is total rubbish if you talk about career mode or something similar to that. It is just a bunch of events that you have requirements to join. No consequences, awards are pretty much just about credits, there isn't a sense of continuity rather just 'leveling up.'

I don't necessarily need a story line, just something that has more detailed requirements, consequences, just options. In other words, I want something a little more other than GT5's A-Spec or should I call arcade mode?

I like the original idea, but I think it would be nice if you could end up doing ALL of the options (which would take a very, VERY long time) - this is a video game (a sim, no less) - you should be able to do some things that simply aren't possible or are too difficult/time consuming in reality.

I also like the classic - modern idea, I just don't see how it would fit in with this original idea. UNLESS: you can choose the decade (or even specific year) at which your career starts, and using in-game days, new car models (released on actual days released in reality) become available, (maybe even the same with tracks, though that may be difficult to incorporate) and eventually you see how each race series/type evolves (or even emerges forms [or dies out]) over time. This would require a HUGE amount of classic and retro cars to be modeled (though we have quite a few already), and would likely take an insanely long time to do - but this is a brilliant idea in my opinion, and one that seems realistically huge from a GT standpoint. I'm sure PD could actually pull this off, but maybe not for GT6. It could potentially allow a game that could last an entire console generation, at least at the scale I interpreted it as.

UNLESS: you can choose the decade (or even specific year) at which your career starts, and using in-game days, new car models (released on actual days released in reality) become available, (maybe even the same with tracks, though that may be difficult to incorporate) and eventually you see how each race series/type evolves (or even emerges forms [or dies out]) over time. This would require a HUGE amount of classic and retro cars to be modeled (though we have quite a few already), and would likely take an insanely long time to do - but this is a brilliant idea in my opinion, and one that seems realistically huge from a GT standpoint. I'm sure PD could actually pull this off, but maybe not for GT6. It could potentially allow a game that could last an entire console generation, at least at the scale I interpreted it as.

That would be awesome, like you're driving the Toyota 7 in 1970, then the TS010 from 1992, in the next race you drive the TS020 in 1999, then you drive the TS030 in 2012. :D that would be awesome

Hey sk8.

Honestly, this:

Speed AI up
Let us choose damage full
Let us choose if we want to qualify
Give out an OPTION for a championship ladder
Make the AI have spins
Make the AI spin each other
Make the AI into dynamic obstacles
Make the marble physics system harder
Give us flags/penalties/disqualifications...
Give us DTM championships with AI that run as fast as real life DTM drivers
Give us more freedom and action

After a short career in karting, I know the thrill of starting a race in seventh, when the five karts in front spin out, and you narrowly pass the sixth kart, with about an inch on both sides. I know the feeling of being invited to a prestigious racing team, to advance your career. I know the thrill of a restart, when leading the race, with three laps left, and fifteen angry drivers behind you. I won that race, but, not without the battle of my life... The guy in second was brutally fast in my draft.

I never get that feeling in GT5 offline. It always feels like hotlapping with lapped traffic. There's no reason why I should be 1.5 minutes ahead after 1 lap of the 24 Hour Nürburgring circuit, after starting 7th, on worse tires, with less horsepower and more weight. Why is the AI SO uselessly slow? Fix it, PD.

More realistic AI
If my BOB gets frustrated why doesn't the AI BOB?
Less rabbit chasing
More put em' in the wall
Why is the AI flawless?
Why are the AI just blockers?

Back