what do you think are the most pointless cars that PD put in the game?

Philippines
where every politician is corrupt
tlc_o918
For years PD has been putting weird stuff to the series with stuff like a Beetle to a Fiat 500. The legacy of weird stuff lives on to this game.
note: do not take any of these comments on the cars seriously
Here are what I think are the most pointless cars (I put 2 similar cars together to save myself time)

Ford Raptor and Toyota Tundra TRD pro- these cars are great for jumping dunes and handling off-road, wait a second, there aren't any dunes, if PD adds the Baja 500 these trucks would have a place to enjoy themselves. Yes, I know that there are rally tracks, but these trucks are big, and they aren't so good at drifting through tight corners.

Fiat 500 and VW Beetle- these cars are economy car legends, collectors love them, but when you put these two cars in a sim-racing game it just makes no sense, why? because these thing aren't meant for speed, if you go to brand central and look at the top speed it's a 0, yes that's right a 0.

that's all the cars in my mind. Feel free to share some cars if want!

Last edited:
Some would be unhappy to hear such comments about the Beetle and 500 but in the context of Sport aside from a few One Make onlines races they do not have any purpose.

The events they feature in in Career mode it is a bit embarrassing for the AI driver when you are lapped on Lap 3.

For me though the most useless cars to have been added to the game are thus:

Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport 2009 (N200)
BMW i3 2015 (Gr.X)
Suzuki Swift Sport 2007 (N100)

Never turned a wheel in any of those yet!

but.. but...

PD had normal econo models from the start. MAzda Demio in GT1, the slow car list full blown ramped up in GT2. It's part car encyclopedia and part eye candy for fans of classic cars.
the Beetle doesn't have any racing editions ( TBH I would love a race beetle )
and we don't have an Abarth 500 from the 50s (would love to have too)

Last edited:
Every car named thus far makes for a great jelly car, so none are pointless. To me any and every car has a point in that it is better than not having the car at all. Especially now with a livery editor, even if a car has no other competition but itself, it can still look unique and serve a visual point.

I personally find the SRT Tomahawk X to be the king of the useless - it's an absolute belter in the faster turns if you know what you're doing with it, but I just can't send it through a low-speed corner in any direction resembling forwards. As much of a vehicular clown as it is, though, I still absolutely love the absurdity of the experience.

Then you've got the aforementioned BMW i3 - the most perfect way to guarantee a lost race. It's way too slow and not even as fun to drive as a Copen.

Oh - and the Hyundai N 2025. What's that thing even for? It doesn't really accelerate in a competitive way and the handling is all over the place. I try to lean against a supply of downforce that isn't actually there and the thing feels ridiculously stiff where downforce isn't needed.

the Beetle doesn't have any racing editions ( TBH I would love a race beetle )
and we don't have an Abarth 500 from the 50s (would love to have too)
What PD did in Sport Mode, is grant all cars with tuneability. We don't have to go to Tuning Shop and GTAuto. We can add power and tune gearing and suspension freely. Beyond that, Mileage Points are required to access more power and adjust more weight.

Livery Editor allows us to replicate the cars in the videos I posted above.

I understand what you're posting. However, any car can be raced. Put it on a track with other cars and it's racing. There's the VW GT League event where we can race these cars.

The point is, every car in the game isn't pointless, can't fault the cars PD chose. We all know PD haven't maximised how we can use each car. The videos are exactly what humans do to cars.
Was the Beetle meant to be raced?No. Yet there it is, in videos, being raced.

About the MiTo, i3 and Swift Sport. All three can be used in Real Circuit Tours. I raced them all at the Red Bull Ring. Even used the Peugeot VGT at Barcelona. Instead of trying to use the high performance cars, I used those to see how competitive they'd be versus the AI. I got my use out of them. :)

I disagree with the Fiat 500, Beetle, F150 and Tundra being pointless - they all provide a very unique driving experience that you'll be hard pressed to find in other racing sims. I personally really enjoy the trucks; they're really good for a HUGE laugh, especially in one make races or on dirt. I get that GT Sport has a very strong e-sports focus, but the series has been well known for being a "driveable encyclopedia", encompassing cars from all regions across expansive time periods. I've always loved the variety in previous GT games, and seeing an attempt to satiate demand for these production cars in Sport makes me happy that PD are listening. For this reason, I'm happy that the Mazda Demio, BMW i3, and Suzuki Swift are in the game, even if I don't enjoy driving all of them.

If cars in this game can be pigeon holed into what's "useful" and what's not, then almost every N class car is useless in Sport - you'll only need the Stratos, Roadster TC, S-FR Racing Concept, F50, and 911 GT3 RS, and LaFerrari, because those dominate the N classes they're eligible for.

If I had to pick some "...why tho" cars in Sport, it'd definitely be the AE86 twins, GT86 clones, and the Impreza TypeR WRX Version VI STi something or rather... come on, we only need one of each. I personally find all the fictional cars an eyesore, but it doesn't take much to ignore them.

If I had to pick some "...why tho" cars in Sport, it'd definitely be the AE86 twins, GT86 clones, and the Impreza TypeR WRX Version VI STi something or rather... come on, we only need one of each. I personally find all the fictional cars an eyesore, but it doesn't take much to ignore them.

Nissan Skyline and Mazda Mx5/Roadster from previous Gran Turismo's would like a word for most versions of the same car in a game. :lol:

It's traditional of PD that when two versions of a similar car exist the twins appear, if you did one AE86 we'd all be where it's counterpart?

As much as I'm tempted to say it's all the butt ugly VGTs and everything else they dumped on gr.X, I'll have to say it's all the duplicates.

Why exactly do we need two Fiat 500s, two AE86s and two new Supras in a game that's missing a lot of modern racing and road cars is something I'll never understand.

Last edited:
The ~30 odd duplicate Skyline GT-Rs throughout the various games. Adding a variant with 10 more horsepower and a different front fascia doesn't actually make the game any better.

Putting more tuning capabilities for the lower ranking cars could make those cars I called "pointless" could be way more fun, just imagine a fast race Beetle and Fiat 500

Putting more tuning capabilities for the lower ranking cars could make those cars I called "pointless" could be way more fun, just imagine a fast race Beetle and Fiat 500

This we agree on. Slow car racing is fun enough, mildly spicier slow car racing is something else entirely. Taking a maxed out Fiat 500 (all ~90 HP of it) around the ' Ring is still one of my favorite memories of GT4.

ALL THE FICTIONAL GROUP B CARS. The Audi Quattro S1 is kind of important in the context of rallying so I'll let it pass, but the others are pointless. The only time I have ever driven them is in missions. If you're going to make rally cars, at least make them similar to the real-life counterparts. I'd rather have a Fiesta, a Yaris and an i20 - not a Focus, an 86 and Genesis.

Last edited:
@CLowndes888 I like trashing the Focus sideways through corners tho.

it's an excellent ghymkana tool, i don't dare say drift car, because of the hate i'll get for drifting 4wd haha

Last edited:
But the GT franchise is “The Real Driving Simulator.” Not race simulator like many have given reasons for cars being useless. And as we all know, better AI is out there, so the racing could very much be more integrated into the game, but I think the vision has always been to highlight the cars. Not provide a true racing experience. Kinda replicate the Best Motoring videos from the 90s. Where the racing was just a fun way to highlight some really cool and interesting cars.

And although I say that, PD does provide some strange choices, yet fails in some aspects to provide proper ways to test those choices out. The trucks mentioned are the prime example. The rally circuits for the game are fun in the overpowered Gr. B cars, for which the tracks seemed to be designed exclusively for. But they don’t provide a great simulation for those trucks. Or even underpowered cars that rallying has been historically based around.

Are there cars made useless due to tracks or poor categorization? Sure, but that’s not the car’s fault. That’s the user’s fault. They assumed the game is a racing game, when that’s not 100% true.

I was going to say Tesla, but drifting one on the Suzuka Circuit with sport tires is too much fun. And it goes backwards pretty fast.

It would have to be the whole Gr.B class.

While I can laugh at the minor update that included just one car, the dupe 2020 A90 Supra, the whole Gr.B is a giant waste of talent.

Theres a minor league Rallycross challenge which is trivial. There hasnt been any focus on Gr.B anyway in sport or normal mode.

COupled to that two rally tracks that are forgettable and a dirt drive model that many people dislike you cant come to any concluson other than to say that Gr.B is mishandled...

Vision GT (Gr. X) class is more useless for me. In GT 7 must seperate them and many jewels from Gr.X must relist in other categories...

Last edited:
There would have been a few very minor improvements that would have greatly improved the overall experience.

Firstly break up the classes into motor obvious groups... obviousy say the Gr.C car with the 5 Group C monsters.

Maybe some sort of Gr.CLM ie. "classic Le mans" so you can put the ~$20 mil. cars into their own group ie. 330p4 vs GT40 MkIV vs XJ13 vs Daytona etc.

Smash the hell out of Gr1 into Gr1.VGT, Gr1.LMPH etc

There's no reason why this mess exists.

Then allow individual cars and groups to particiapate into custom races.

There's no reason why I cant do a 330p4 vs GT40 series... or an LMP-H only championship... or a Peugeot 908 vs AUdi R18 2011 diesel shootout... and if you want do a Gr.1 VGT race.

This would reduce the 'pointlessness' that pervades the entire mess.

One thing that Forza does quite well is that it engages the audience into making their own races that they can then share in showcases.

THere's no reason why you cant come up with your own races then post the races to a central server and then the server doles out credits on completion.

Forza Horizon showcase blueprints does this. It really is a low cost way to produce content without much studio input.

PD is halfway there with the 'discover' liveries decals scapes and such.

Last edited:
What's the Long Boi? Peugeot L750R? Samba Bus?

The front wheel drive, Gr.1 Nissan GT-R LM. 👍

323447E2-F750-48E2-8F8C-1AC8F35FC855.png

Last edited:
How 'pointless' a car is depends on how you use it. If you're a guy who loves time trials then every car has a use. Its just that single car on a track and a timer.

However to me this game is about racing. Or at least how it should be.

I should pick a car, say a GT3 race car, queue up a race online or on customs and have a close pack race with cars of a similar performance and win credits so its worthwhile to me.

If I choose to race N300-N700 road cars then again the same thing should happen.

Then to me a lot of Gr.X cars are useless as I will never enjoy a Gordini or BMW i3 or P1GTR single make race. That's just nonsense to me.

I dont really enjoy racing a lot of the sub N200 classes. So cars like the Abarth 500 or the 500 Lounge is a waste.

The star of the show this time is the Porsche 911 GT3 RS. This car stomps from N400-N700 and its probably the best car to use and its the best car of this GT generation.

One of the few 'perversions' this time 'round is that to make money you have to race cars 'Out of class".

I run N400/500 and even N300 cars vs the GT4s. You get a lot of credits this way.

I used to run N200 vs. N1000 road cars on dirt tracks. You get a lot of credits this way.

I have also run the N200 MX5 roadster race car against GT4s and you get a crapload of credits this way but obviously the skill barrier is high.

It shoudlnt be this way but this is how its panned out just like the Blue Moon Bay grinding.

So road cars that can take on Gr4 car are 'useful' to me but this game has made a few of us play the game is a weird manner because that's how we get more credits... to buy useless cars like the $20 mil. stuff.

Fiat 500 and VW Beetle- these cars are economy car legends, collectors love them, but when you put these two cars in a sim-racing game it just makes no sense, why? because these thing aren't meant for speed, if you go to brand central and look at the top speed it's a 0, yes that's right a 0.
In a world in which people race 500s (old and new), 2CV's and Lawnmowers every car has its place, and racing is about a lot more than speed.

As for not having 500's in sim racing titles, Assetto Corsa has a total of five variants in the core game spread across old and new models, all of which are great to drive on the right track.

Nor do modders ignore them, here's a field of Abarth 1000's, which top out at 105mph, yet are great fun and a challenge to drive.

Last edited:
I do get that you can race and have fun in anything...

However we have a 125cc shifter cart and PD have dont nothing with it.

Further people just forget about some of the weirdness already here.

maxresdefault.jpg

THis is in the game. I only know about it because I won it on dwg and wondered wat the hell this $100k go cart was all about.

PD could have showcased this in league and sport events but have they???

In my opinion the electrics (aka no gears). There should be a starter electric Kart so that there is a progression from Kart to i3, Telsa, Taycan, all the way to VGTs and Formula E. The i3 is a weird stating point.

Maybe next game. For this game the timing was a bit early and we're lucky to have them to play around with.

Back