What do you think 'Improved racing sound effects' means?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 37kazzmark
  • 47 comments
  • 5,237 views
Messages
243
Australia
QLD
Messages
kassmark95
It could be improved engine sounds of cars, or maybe its just the different sound effects, such as tire noise, turbo hiss, backfire, contact sound with walls or other cars and wind noise.

A very slight chance it could mean like enviromental sound, such as the crowd or the random sirens you sometime here when your stopped.

So what do you guys think?
 
Last edited:
Hoping it is engine sounds, but probably has to do with air flow like in GT5P.
 
I think it would be things like wind noise, tire noise, turbo spool, BOV etc.
 
It better not just be BOVs and turbo hiss, I don't want to be driving around in a turbocharged vacuum cleaner!
 
I think things like turbo noises and backfire as well as crash and contact noises
 
They also better take of that overwhelming and annoying transmission noise
 
I'm pretty sure it means the in game sound effects of racing will be improved and we'll find out in a couple of days...👍
 
I'm hoping for better engine/exhaust notes. But on the more realistic side I'm thinking its more of the little things that they can tweak. Would be amazing if they could pull off engine/exhaust notes though.
 
I'm not doubting PD, but I can say now, unless they have been working on it for awhile no one could revamp 800+ (it might be just standards) engine sounds.

As far as standard to premium conversion, They've added cockpits views to all cars, from next week you'll be able to fit custom rims on all of the cars and if its really true there revamping all the engine sounds, etc you got 250 premiums with 800 lower res but still the same features as the premium cars, winning!

hey they drive the same!
 
Last edited:
Echo when you go in a tunnel!!
 
I prefer the audio you get from chase cam even though I like driving the best in bumper cam. Now I started trying to drive races in chase cam just for the better sound. What I normally do is run the audio through some big ass speakers and wear a crash helmet during races. This puts me into the zone more and also muffles the audio so it sounds more realistic.
 
I prefer the audio you get from chase cam even though I like driving the best in bumper cam. Now I started trying to drive races in chase cam just for the better sound. What I normally do is run the audio through some big ass speakers and wear a crash helmet during races. This puts me into the zone more and also muffles the audio so it sounds more realistic.

Errr.....

Not sure if serious
 
Does no one else wear a helmet while racing?

I've seen some pretty amazing cockpit setups and I think it's pretty logical to save some $$ by just wearing a helmet
 
do you wear a full race suit & boots too?

I only wear mine when I do trackdays, pretty sure you`d get some odd looks if people saw you through your frontroom window. :lol:
 
I'm hoping for better engine/exhaust notes. But on the more realistic side I'm thinking its more of the little things that they can tweak. Would be amazing if they could pull off engine/exhaust notes though.

I want this:tup:👍

The only good/semi-realistic engine sounds in the game are in the W12 Nardo and the 787B
 
Lexus LFA

Pagani Zonda C12 S 7.3

and there are a lot more!
 
Increased whine from the nut behind the wheel
 
I suppose the term "improved sound effects" means as it literally does, the revamped sounds of cars reflected in the game through the remarkable advance for creation of new video games, or distinctive sounds issued by other choices of settings(combination of aero-parts and such) available... as well as the expanded way of representation of noises with slight difference.
 
I think it means, things like the sound when you hit another car or railings will be changed. I don't have high hopes, that way I'll be surprised if it's anything more exciting.
 
I'm not doubting PD, but I can say now, unless they have been working on it for awhile no one could revamp 800+ (it might be just standards) engine sounds.

I'm so hoping you are right , but i believe that if they had done such a huge job of rerecording the sound of 800 cars they would have put more publicity to it than : improved racing sound effects. I may be wrong, but i do believe that something who would drastically change the game would be more advertised than that. Otherwise, i'm thinking some tweak to the sounds when you hit cars, wall and overall improvement to some car sounds .
 
I want different tyre screech noises, not just the same sound over and over.

I also hope it means wastegate and dump valve noises, burbling and popping on the over-run - oh, and less wind and road noise!
 
I'm really looking forward to finding out. As my girlfriend bought me a really nice surround sound system as one of my Christmas present's for my game room and I'm a bit disappointed with how GT5 sounds in race. The system is great with movie's and other game's. But I expected more noise and effects, pasting other car's and going through tunnel's etc...........to hear other car's you have to crank it right up and then the whole street can hear lol
 
Does no one else wear a helmet while racing?

I've seen some pretty amazing cockpit setups and I think it's pretty logical to save some $$ by just wearing a helmet

Way back when . . . some friends and I used to ride some Honda Odyssy's in the sand at the beach on weekends. One time we stopped at a restaurant to pick up the number 3 guy who was just getting off work and we all put our helmets on for the drive to the beach :D



Honda-Odyssey-FL250.jpg


We sure received some strange looks that night ;)
 
[...]oh, and less wind and road noise!
What? There isn't enough wind noise actually, compared to past games.
Road noise seems excessive at low speeds, though.
 
Forza 4 by far has a better car sound which it bugs the crap out of me.
 
a couple clicks, clacks, piano music.... who know's
 
Back