What do you think of B-Spec mode?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lain
  • 26 comments
  • 1,288 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Premium
Messages
7,113
United States
Pasadena, TX
Messages
Yaywalter
Sometimes, I like it... y'know, for endurance races and stuff.
So, what do you think of it?
 
I never really liked it. I've used it but then I bought the DFP, restarted the game and now I want to finish it A-Spec only.
 
CRXnut
I never really liked it. I've used it but then I bought the DFP, restarted the game and now I want to finish it A-Spec only.
Yeah, I prefer A-spec as well, but I mean, when will I ever have the time to do a 24 hour endurance race? In B-spec, you can do the same race in a third of the time!! The only drawback is that some cars are just too fast for B-spec. On the New York track in my Gillet Vertigo, there is one turn that I will ALWAYS crash on in B-spec... even if I have the speed set to the lowest possible!
 
I like it, it's good if you are lazy to do the races by yourself.
But, please, search, there are houndreds of threads about B-spec ;)
 
I just don't think it's needed in the game. I would replace it with option to save game in the pits. Or at least don't award the prize car if you B-Spec a race.
 
CRXnut
I never really liked it. I've used it but then I bought the DFP, restarted the game and now I want to finish it A-Spec only.

That sounds like me. I dont use the DF right now but I am trying to complete the game in a-spec.

However, I dont mind the feature. It lets you complete the game faster if you wish and lets you pretty much become the "crew chief" so-to-speak (sorry for the NASCAR term)

I dread the day I decide to run the 24hr Nurburgring endurance on a-spec but it makes you feel 100x better knowing that you completed something that you could have easily done quicker.
 
I have only used it forthe endurance races, so I guess it is ok, I could never find the time to do a 24h race, it would take me weeks :sick:

But its sucks that it goes back to 1x mode after each pitstop and not stays in 3x :ouch:
 
im using him always for endurance
 
He's a great help for endurance races and long championships (Formula GT ;) )

Regards, Simulator
 
Well, its good for races that I dont like. Like races with standard tires, I hate that... But I usually never run the b-spec. I dont plan to use it for endurance races neither.

Keep it real, Keep it A-Spec !!!!
Say NO, to B-Spec !!!!
 
It's good. Crazy people get their stupid long enduros and sane people don't have to sit through them.
 
Fletch
But its sucks that it goes back to 1x mode after each pitstop and not stays in 3x :ouch:
Yeah, I know what you mean!! I bet Polyphony did that just to be annoying... oh well.
 
Emohawk
It's good. Crazy people get their stupid long enduros and sane people don't have to sit through them.
Exactly!! But I always pull into the pitstop so I can do the last lap of the endurance race in A-spec... it's kind of a ceremony of mine!!
 
Overall I think it was a great idea. I kind of think of him as a team mate. I just wish that both he and the other AI goons were a bit more scared of walls though.

I've used mine quite a bit. Partly to win the races I am not interested in competing in, partly to win prize cars a second or third time, and partly to make lots of money. Same way I'd use a hired driver in real life, in fact. But when I want to drive, I go ahead and drive. Its great having the option.
 
it's a necessity, u can't finish a 24hours race without it, but I would have preferred to save datas during a race to end a race automatically...
 
Lloyd87
it's a necessity, u can't finish a 24hours race without it, but I would have preferred to save datas during a race to end a race automatically...

You CAN do a 24hr. race without B-spec... it just takes forever.
 
You need it for the 24 hours if you don't want it to take a week unless you got absolutly nothin to do. The B-spec driver is an idiot though and takes forever to bulid his skills and even when he does he still sucks.
 
It's a saving grace for lazy, bad drivers like me.
 
of course I CAN do a 24hours race without using Bspec, but I and my PS2 would explode...
That's why I'd have inserted the possibility of saving datas during an endurance race.
 
I think it's handy because there are some tracks I just cannot stand.
 
Rzeractor
I think it's handy because there are some tracks I just cannot stand.
I know what you mean. Some tracks are just UNBEARABLE!!
 
I think bob sucks. Sometimes if I want him to overtake someone, he won't (and overtake is on). I mainly use him for endurance races (there's no way I'm gonna A-spec a 24h race!) and some races where I know I'll be bored. Of course, I would take over from him if he messes up.
 
yaywalter
Yeah, I prefer A-spec as well, but I mean, when will I ever have the time to do a 24 hour endurance race? In B-spec, you can do the same race in a third of the time!! The only drawback is that some cars are just too fast for B-spec. On the New York track in my Gillet Vertigo, there is one turn that I will ALWAYS crash on in B-spec... even if I have the speed set to the lowest possible!
Tuning also adds points, plus a well tuned car will not crash.👍
 
gt_Sileighty_1
Tuning also adds points, plus a well tuned car will not crash.👍

The only way to tune a car so that Bob cannot crash it is to set the gearing for a maximum speed of 3.
 
B-Spec is without a doubt very handy and it adds a new element to the game. I'm glad step step was taken to change the way GT4 can be played. Besides, endurance races can be a pain if you can't find the time of day to carry them out.
 
I don't have the patience for endurance races so I B-Spec'd them all, if they had it in GT3 I would have done it there too. Kudos to Sony for that move 👍
 
I think it's great! It allows anyone with some driving capacities to finish the game while letting the people that are more dedicated still finish the game i A.Spec.

Also, there is no way, that I would be willing to spend 24 Hrs on a race (even with the save option)! It's rediculous. Doing some 400 laps that are 95% similar to the first one is just a huge waste of my time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back