what do you think ?? --> Price on wheels raised x5

• Thread starter Askaroth
  • 60 comments
Make the game work for you whilst you're not playing... rubber band a Blue Moon endurance race in arcade and you can pick up 3-4k mileage points in 8 hours whilst you work/sleep (plus the associated $$$'s, mileage credits, driving time credits, play time credits and you'll level up too).

I'm running 2 x 8 hour grp 1 endurance races a day - one overnight, one during the day. When I knew I wasn't going to be able to play one night this week I set up a 24h endurance.

Each version of GT has its short cuts :)

That sounds pretty ridiculous! Of course it makes it easier to level and you wont hurt anyone else, but IMO you hurt yourself and the whole GTS experience. Its just like you're using a credit cheatcode. Things like this always ruined games for me, when you have everything and didn't have to do anything for it...

But hey, its your game! I just hope PD wont change the prizes, because of tactics/cheats like this, even more....

That sounds pretty ridiculous! Of course it makes it easier to level and you wont hurt anyone else, but IMO you hurt yourself and the whole GTS experience. Its just like you're using a credit cheatcode. Things like this always ruined games for me, when you have everything and didn't have to do anything for it...

But hey, its your game! I just hope PD wont change the prizes, because of tactics/cheats like this, even more....

Meh, all GT's have required some grinding, and there's always been a way to short-cut this element of the game - eg; rubber banding the Escudo in GT3, B Speccing the Nurb 24h race in GT4, breaking out of the Nurb in GT5 (or saving game, sending cars to your mates and reinstalling your save... also in GT5), delete patch/sell VGT car/reinstall patch in GT6.

I've already golded all of the missions, licences and track tests, so all there's left to do now is race on line, collect the remaining cars and get the platinum trophy. The bit I'm interested in is on-line, so anything that makes the boring bit easier is good AFAIC.

You're ranting about how someone else plays the game that doesn't affect you in any way. :confused::confused:.

Meh, all GT's have required some grinding, and there's always been a way to short-cut this element of the game - eg; rubber banding the Escudo in GT3, B Speccing the Nurb 24h race in GT4, breaking out of the Nurb in GT5 (or saving game, sending cars to your mates and reinstalling your save... also in GT5), delete patch/sell VGT car/reinstall patch in GT6.

I've already golded all of the missions, licences and track tests, so all there's left to do now is race on line, collect the remaining cars and get the platinum trophy. The bit I'm interested in is on-line, so anything that makes the boring bit easier is good AFAIC.

I made about two grand from GT5 selling X1's on eBay, I was selling that many I had to borrow my mates ps3 at the high point for another 16 accounts LOL

i think i could accept micro transactions (i mean real money buying) , only if they are purely for aesthetic goods inside the game, but at the moment that you could somehow buy performance with real money, i will log out of the game forever.
Destiny does this and I think it works fine. If I buy "Silver" for actual money the only place I can spend it sells only shaders, vehicles, emotes, etc. Nothing that enhances actual gameplay. Well, other than the exp bonus consumable but that's almost a non-factor IMO.

The cars behind mileage points could be a contention point but as long as its just paint chips and cosmetic stuff behind MP I'll stick with it with no complaints, regardless of how much it "costs". As soon as it becomes "unlock adjsutable suspension settings" I'm done and will find a way to throw it in Kaz's face. Leave that stuff to the crappy mobile games, not one of the biggest franchises in PlayStation/video gaming history.

is ok, thats the point of this thread, to give our different opinions.

i think i could accept micro transactions (i mean real money buying) , only if they are purely for aesthetic goods inside the game, but at the moment that you could somehow buy performance with real money, i will log out of the game forever.
A huge part of the game is aesthetic. The graphics, the car models, the locations, the photo effects, the TOD, the liveries and editor, customization etc.

I wouldn’t accept that if they put up a paywall or grind for aesthetics at all.

Paying real money for “power ups” in a purchased game is absolute ********. “Pay to win” is what takes the fun out of gaming. It is utterly impossible to advance in a game or be competitive unless you dole out MORE CASH. Developers (especially of phone games) that have gone balls deep into adopting this philosophy are scum bags. There is another franchise that thinks gamers really like this nonsense.

So, **** microtransactions.

Yep, same here.

Jerome

I don't know why everyone is getting up tight about microtransactions, there is absolutely no sign of them in the game.

Eat. Sleep. Race.

See my first post on the first page of the thread, Then try to find a valid reason behind them raising the prices 5 fold.

At least they gave us a heads up, so you can buy all the available wheels before the price hike.
Unless they suddenly start releasing lots of new wheels, I really don't see what the big deal is -- I already have more credits and miles to buy everything if I wanted to... and if I do run out, I've seen several posts about exploits to get more even easier than just normal racing.

I'm really starting to find this whole mileage exchange thing extremely annoying. They need to understand not everyone can grind for hours and hours each day for the points.

They should allow us to use in-game credits. I don't understand why we're so limited to buy wheels for example especially if now they're going up to 500 points (which is already quite a high amount of points and certainly not an amount you can earn in 5 minutes)

The whole points system needs to be balanced, it's enough they removed most of the customization options GT6 had, now they're making it this difficult to buy most of the things from the mileage exchange.. It makes the whole grinding game pretty boring.

grabbed some favourites so far...BBS FI-R & FZ in different sizes and finishes.
These are probably the most expensive Forged rims/wheels in real life along with HRE series P2.

Anyways, i guess PD wants to force people to play more if they want to increase the mileage on wheels.

Any chance of pulling the reference that shows the price increase on wheels and adding it in the first post? Thanks

See my first post on the first page of the thread, Then try to find a valid reason behind them raising the prices 5 fold.

I read that, but there is no evidence that they will bring in microtransactions as you predict. Even if they did, there would be absolutely no reason to pay for mileage points, you can earn them easily enough and they are not required for racing. Theonly people that wuld even contemplate buying them are the "I have to have it all right now" crowd.

Hello again, hope you're well, you're sort of right, this week I've only bought one of each, its all in the detail though as the specific colour's can't be applied exactly through the livery editor and the O.Z rally style ones last week had different colours of writing, red, black and white that remained that colour regardless of the colour you applied over the top, later on in the game when there are lots of special colours available you'll pretty much be able to create any look that you fancy, anodised and shiny metal etc
Whilst on the subject of wheels. Im sure I saw a car with different colour wheels on the front wheels to the back wheels, or was I dreaming?

I read that, but there is no evidence that they will bring in microtransactions as you predict. Even if they did, there would be absolutely no reason to pay for mileage points, you can earn them easily enough and they are not required for racing. Theonly people that wuld even contemplate buying them are the "I have to have it all right now" crowd.

Are there cars that can only be bought with the Mi currency? I believe so, How do you make your car faster? Oh yes Mi again so yes, Mi is very much required for racing and being competitive. So yes only wheel prices have been inflated for now but anything else is going to smell extremely fishy.

Last edited:
Make the game work for you whilst you're not playing... rubber band a Blue Moon endurance race in arcade and you can pick up 3-4k mileage points in 8 hours whilst you work/sleep (plus the associated $$$'s, mileage credits, driving time credits, play time credits and you'll level up too).

I'm running 2 x 8 hour grp 1 endurance races a day - one overnight, one during the day. When I knew I wasn't going to be able to play one night this week I set up a 24h endurance.

Each version of GT has its short cuts :)

An SRT Tomahawk X rubberband does ~1400 Mileage per hour.

(14s per lap, 250 laps per hour, 140 miles per hour)

The 2400hp SRT is good for 216mph average on the Bluemoon oval - 33s per 2 mile lap. :)

Mileage points max out at 99,999, so it will be nice to have more choice to spend mileage points on.

Its only 210,000 credits, but the 1300 miles brings in the mileage points.

You earn 241,000 credits for a clean 1 lap N100 Miata vs GR.1 10x fuel consumption race at the Nurburgring - and it only takes 11:45s or so and it great fun.

Last edited:
So I just checked the Mileage Exchange shop, and the wheels have been updated, there are newer and more options. But their prices remained the same at 100, which is good :D I bought them all just now.

So I just checked the Mileage Exchange shop, and the wheels have been updated, there are newer and more options. But their prices remained the same at 100, which is good :D I bought them all just now.

Yeah !! it looks like they regret about it, i hope so. perhaps they saw this thread :D

Rubber band for 24h problem solved

you mean because they patched it ?? i never tried it, so i don't know if is still working :yuck:

Yeah !! it looks like they regret about it, i hope so. perhaps they saw this thread :D

you mean because they patched it ?? i never tried it, so i don't know if is still working :yuck:
Still working it's not a glitch anyway

You're ranting about how someone else plays the game that doesn't affect you in any way. :confused::confused:.

I wouldn't grind eather because i want to do it all myself, i was never a fan of b-spec
but if someone else wants to do it why not

Back