What do you think should be the next dynamic breakthrough in GT or any other racer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTOne2Three
  • 30 comments
  • 2,339 views
Messages
932
Messages
Chicano3000X
Messages
Chicano3000
We have dynamic weather, but how about dynamic seasons? Using the console, or computer's internal clock, the tracks will change depending not just on the time, but on the region. So if a track is in the US and it is spring, that track will have a spring theme. It will also read forecasts and set the weather to the real forecast. Also day and night will be determined by region and time. Everything will always be determined by realtime.


Infact, lets say that they set the events according to real time. So certain events will only be open at a certain time of day, or a certain season will have annual events that can even be held online.

Thoughts?
 
Grid girls.

And dry wash, GT Auto foam is way too old school.
 
Proximity warnings for other cars out of view and near.
 
Online, you should have a button so that, instead of the horn, when someone bumps you, you can give them the "Birdie".

In all seriousness, I like the idea of mechanical failure that Divinus suggests. Wheel breaks off from car, sudden flat tire, brakes go out in a wheel, problem shifting, engine loses some power, steering issues, and so on. :3
 
Last edited:
A change in seasons would be cool, but I'd really like to see in depth damage/tire wear.
 
More accurate road surfaces. There just aren't enough bumps.
 
chuyler1
More accurate road surfaces. There just aren't enough bumps.

Then go try it in a kart. :yuck:
 
GTOne2Three
We have dynamic weather, but how about dynamic seasons? Using the console, or computer's internal clock, the tracks will change depending not just on the time, but on the region. So if a track is in the US and it is spring, that track will have a spring theme. It will also read forecasts and set the weather to the real forecast. Also day and night will be determined by region and time. Everything will always be determined by realtime.

Infact, lets say that they set the events according to real time. So certain events will only be open at a certain time of day, or a certain season will have annual events that can even be held online.

Thoughts?

Sounds pretty good. It'll be like Flight Simulator by Microsoft then. I like it a lot. But I don't think it's revolutionary in terms of game play.

I reckon what the sim genre needs is more in the way of interacting the driver in the game rather then as the car. What I mean is that like Formula 1 2010 or FIFA the games career mode is based around how you drive from the lowest levels of motor sport (a career in karting or low level sports car racing) to being selected for the Gran Turismo racing team or a driver for Audi or Nissan in there respective competitions (Le Mans series, Super GT etc). Then once you have enough money you can create your own race team and have a B-Spec mode that comes out of it. So you can be a full on manager and race driver of your own team. You can have full race weekends and year long championships like in FIFA games so you feel like your a real racing driver.
That I believe would be the way forward in sim racing!
 
Mechanic failure

Absolutely!
Push the engine too hard and it goes bang.
Hit a curb too hard and the suspension fails.

Also maybe an optional pit radio through which information can be received about tyres, lap times, fuel and other competitors track positions for those of us who use cockpit view with no HUD.
 
Absolutely!
Push the engine too hard and it goes bang.
Hit a curb too hard and the suspension fails.

Also maybe an optional pit radio through which information can be received about tyres, lap times, fuel and other competitors track positions for those of us who use cockpit view with no HUD.

I like this idea. I would love to hear someone say. "Your down to a quarter tank of gas you better think of pitting" But keep it in good taste and not make it to arcadey. And I would love to see a front wheel go flying off if I took a corner to early and hit a tire wall!

I think PD can implement things that other devs do but I honestly think they could make it more real.
 
Welsh-Fury
In all seriousness, I like the idea of mechanical failure that Divinus suggests. Wheel breaks off from car, sudden flat tire, brakes go out in a wheel, problem shifting, engine loses some power, steering issues, and so on. :3

While I'd love this as well, I don't think it's gonna happen any time soon, as Polyphony has an agreement with the manufacturers. No car company is going to want to put one of their cars in a game if all it does is break down. It gives possible customers a bad impression. One exception to this is racing cars and it would be awesome if they add racing cars breaking down if you push them to hard in future games/updates.
 
Grid girls.

And dry wash, GT Auto foam is way too old school.

Why not combine the two whilst they're at it eh? Having said that, I don't really see the point of girls made out of pixels though but I guess it takes all sorts and I won't judge you on this peculiar preference, I know you can't help it. ;)
 
I think there should be an option for real time weather and time. like say it we 8:30PM and raining at the nurburgring so when you choose that option it's getting dark and it's raining when you drive there
 
How about implementing all the dynamics of real motor racing, instead of just the: 'cars on a track with fantasy penalties & credits for winning' nonsense that we have now.
 
Being able to drive into the pit on your own and getting out of your car to adjust things on your own but by telling crew members what you want done and you see them getting up from their sitting area and watch them make the adjustments. As well as a real time garage so when you select the mods you want you see your team installing it and not just that gt auto car goes in and out a garage crap, I mean like an actual cutscene.

I want this to work online too so when you drive by you see some else working on there car. Rather have that then a menu!
 
More tuning options. It's pathetic you can't upgrade cams, pistons, rods, a blueprint motor, bigger turbos in more stages like I want lag to be notices.
Big turbos have lag. Vtec doesn't really "kick" in, in game. Bigger tires and as a result more wheel options and sizes. When i rented shift two the amount of upgrades kill gt5's and the tracks make gt5's look silly, the car sounds put it
To shame. I think gt5 focus is too much on graphics.. They could of spent less time on that And more on so many upgrade options and tracks. Drifting could of been implemented so much better with road
Sections like Japanese mountain roads.
 
Dynamic suspension/systems simulation whereby damaged panels cut tyres and vibrations eventually make your suspension arms detach.

Random failure modelling, stallable engines, expiration of parts...
 
No more 20 mil cars to struggle for! If it is a game, award these for excellence in performance instead of having the user to "grind" for getting them.
 
cross gt5 with race driver grid, jobs a good'un
 
More tuning options. It's pathetic you can't upgrade cams, pistons, rods, a blueprint motor, bigger turbos in more stages like I want lag to be notices.
Big turbos have lag. Vtec doesn't really "kick" in, in game. Bigger tires and as a result more wheel options and sizes. When i rented shift two the amount of upgrades kill gt5's and the tracks make gt5's look silly, the car sounds put it
To shame. I think gt5 focus is too much on graphics.. They could of spent less time on that And more on so many upgrade options and tracks. Drifting could of been implemented so much better with road
Sections like Japanese mountain roads.
Very good post for the newbie, you summed up my wants pretty well. More realistic tuning! We should be able to tune our motor to the ragged edge and blow it if we go to far. What happened to NOS? What happened to turbo being noticeable? Touge and gymkhana are getting pretty big too.

What I'm trying to say is stop focusing on graphics and start making the game fun. Also how about an a-spec mode that's actually fun? The grinding is pathetic! While I'm on the subject the B-spec is equally or if not more pathetic. Pointless! It's so vague it makes me sick! If it weren't for the good physics and online game play I would have dropped this game a long time ago.
 
Better transmission simulation- but more importantly, track surface changes like realistic clag buildup, realistic temperature changes and it's affect on grip. Way more complex/complete tire wear/damage, etc.. That's what all race sims need more of, GTx could do it though.
 
Everything will always be determined by realtime.
Sounded good until that. Options, everything that can be an option should be

Infact, lets say that they set the events according to real time. So certain events will only be open at a certain time of day, or a certain season will have annual events that can even be held online.

This I'm completely against. It would be nothing but an annoyance.


As for what I want, dynamic track conditions - road temp, air temp, humidity, grip levels, oil, debris, etc.

What I'm trying to say is stop focusing on graphics and start making the game fun.

Formula for perfect game.
 
Back