What do you think will be PD's send-off for this game?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GaLbaNoryes
  • 44 comments
  • 3,813 views

What will be the send-off?

  • We already know it, it's rain.

    Votes: 16 30.2%
  • It's going to be a very requested world track

    Votes: 10 18.9%
  • It's going to be a very requested classic GT track

    Votes: 22 41.5%
  • It's going to be a big batch of racecars.

    Votes: 5 9.4%

  • Total voters
    53
Messages
105
Uruguay
Uruguay
So, usually GAAS when they're finishing support they give players something they've been asking for a while as a "gift". Gran Turismo 7 is already being developed and I imagine over time we'll start seeing PD stop supporting Gran Turismo Sport especially with Sony wanting to market the PS5.

So, what do you think will be the send-off?
 
Send off ?!?

The two games will overlap and PD will continue to support GTS while GT7 will ramp up in popularity (due to the higher entry price from the PS5 purchase)...

Same as it was with GT6 and GTS...

Kaz will just pull the plug by 2022
 
I wouldnt be surprised if they kept all classic tracks for gt7.
I just hope they continue with new tracks, maybe some more japanese super gt/formula, maybe a new american (I can wait till gt7 for laguna seca) and of course Euro or international. Combine dragon trails perhaps?
More race cars would be nice, especially the new unified DTM cars to fill out gr.2. I would take any new cars though but more than 5 per month would be nice. Release the silhouette sooner as well so we can hype it up for weeks before it rolls out.
Rain would definately be cool.
But more than anything I want them to make some real improvements to the penalty system before gt7 rolls around. Please start penalising rammers, punters, nose divers and Bargers. Please PD...... please.
 
Hopefully a "Classics DLC" - curated fan favorite cars and tracks from previous Gran Turismos.
 
Not converting the save to local and then switching the servers off.

Yep, that's what I think. We'll get a 3 or 6 month notice and then the game will become a drink coaster.

People are becoming too IMPATIENT for the release of GT7 and PSV.

I'm not impatient at all, I'm getting concerned over how much longer the game will be viable.
 
Hmm, you know, updating Sport directly into GT7 isn't entirely out of the question. I believe Kaz even hinted at it in an interview from last year, IIRC. 'Cause I've seen some PS4 games change their names and icons on the dashboard via updates before (Destiny 2 being one example).

I mean, the cars and tracks are already there in Sport and they can easily add more. The GT League can be reshuffled into a proper GT mode, etc etc. Really, all that's needed is proper tuning and GT Auto. That's pretty much it, IMO.

Sure. Sony would rather have 7 as an entirely separate release (and it's the likeliest scenario, especially with the PS5), but honestly, let's not pretend that Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition doesn't exist.

Buuuut yeah, I agree. It's too early to be thinking about this.
 
Tuning in sport mode to troll most people.
 
Realistically, they’ll finish updating the game eventually and keep the online FIA manufacturer and nations championships running until GT7 gets released with its Sport Mode, then shut off the servers for Sport and move on.
 
I don't expect any sort of major send off honestly. I'd expect an ordinary final content update and that's it, possibly with a mention of it being the last, but it being of a similar quality to other updates
 
The servers will get shut down and you won't be able to play anymore. Well, that's what I expect from a game with an expiration date.
 
The servers will get shut down and you won't be able to play anymore. Well, that's what I expect from a game with an expiration date.

They might patch in local saving before shutting down online features. I mean, anything less would be extremely controversial especially when cars are sold as micro transactions.
 
With PDI's track record? I don't have any hope for that.
 
So, usually GAAS when they're finishing support they give players something they've been asking for a while as a "gift". Gran Turismo 7 is already being developed and I imagine over time we'll start seeing PD stop supporting Gran Turismo Sport especially with Sony wanting to market the PS5.

So, what do you think will be the send-off?


PD giving us a gift as a send-off; that'll be the day! I don't think there will be any kind of send-off. They'll just continue making DLC until the day that they simply stop.
 
A fantasy 5000bhp GrX car and a fantasy track with jumps.
 
I feel they will do the same as GT6... they will have server support for 5yrs.

GT Sport will probably also work on the PS5 with some patching.

However once GT7 kicks in as a PS5 title they will stop any more content updates to GT Sport maybe at the 4yr mark and put all manpower into GT7.
 
No one has said it yet? Amazing.

I would think that if a certain expensive world track hasn’t made its way into the game by GT7 release, Sony could roll the cost of that track into GT7 and give it as a parting gift to Sport owners for on/offline play.
 
It's basically a "sport" and they'll be insane to let it go before GT7 is ready for launch. I'm sure you are going to see plenty of support way into PS5 lifecycle.

That said, two things would be awesome: time of day and making your save fully local so you can enjoy the game for years to come.
 
With PDI's track record? I don't have any hope for that.
Never knew PD whole track record since Gran Turismo 1 is online only saving instead of just on recent GTSport.
 
Back