What Do You Want From the Two Expansions?

Canada
Canada
Created this thread specifically to discuss what people are hoping for, from the customary two game expansions. I thought Blizzard Mountain and the Hot Wheels DLC both knocked it out of the park in FH3, and I'm interested to see where they go next.

Here's what I'd like:

- The expansion areas to become part of the game world, rather than a discrete, separate section. It could still be instanced off as an area, maybe across one of those inaccessible bridges in the north - but I want to be able to see it from the other side of the water, and I want to be able to drive there. It makes it more meaningful to me, when they enrich the existing world, rather than creating a new, smaller sandbox.

- Some sort of fun cross-licensed expansion with one or more of the games in LaRacer's list! Have one of the expansions add a new major urban area, and then have new actual Crazy Taxi missions! Or have a new mountainous area that recreates some of the tracks from Sega Rally! Or the original Test Drive!

Pretty much all of the games in her list are dormant properties right now, so surely at least one of them would be up to work together on something like this.

1. A map expansion - maybe the Isle of Man or something similar

2. New vehicle Type - We’ve got all the terrain and weather types already so how about a new vehicle type? Bikes seem more likely but it’d also be nice to get ATV’s, proper raid trucks (like the leaked MAN) or even monster trucks if they wanted to go really crazy

1. A map expansion - maybe the Isle of Man or something similar

2. New vehicle Type - We’ve got all the terrain and weather types already so how about a new vehicle type? Bikes seem more likely but it’d also be nice to get ATV’s, proper raid trucks (like the leaked MAN) or even monster trucks if they wanted to go really crazy

I've seen several people assume bikes are coming, but I think they are unlikely. In addition to the models themselves, and the new sound work, you'd also probably have to overhaul the game's physics model for them to look and feel natural. And if you crash, does your avatar go flying? Does it just stick to the bike at all times? Can the bike wipe out if you take a corner too low? How do you account for stuff like snow in that equation?

The bikes in the showcase are unique, in that their behaviour and route was all tightly scripted, so none of this is really a concern.

It'd be cool to see them, but I suspect they get ruled out as just too much work for too little in return.

Idea 1 :
More radical off-road style.
Add lift-up kits and off-road wide bodies to some cars, and add new cars including Dakar and Group B / Group S monsters, F2 Kit Car and Super 1600 / Super 2000 categories of machines.

Idea 2 :
"Legendary" expansion.
It is similar to what EA did with Need For Speed 2015.
Drivers like Duke, Ali, Ramona will reappear from FH1.
Of course, the last star of this expansion is Darius. Will a new challenger beat him?
This extension includes many cut scenes and stories (which were missing from the main story of FH4).
And we regain "nostalgic" car like Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione and Lamborghini Aventador J.

Idea 3 :
Horizon Rally 2018.
It was DLC of Forza Horizon 1, Horizon Rally still has fans who want to revive it.
And Britain is a country where rally is popular.
Let's hold Horizon Rally again. This extension includes legendary rally car like Ford Falcon, and the latest models like Hyundai i20 WRC.

I've seen several people assume bikes are coming, but I think they are unlikely. In addition to the models themselves, and the new sound work, you'd also probably have to overhaul the game's physics model for them to look and feel natural. And if you crash, does your avatar go flying? Does it just stick to the bike at all times? Can the bike wipe out if you take a corner too low? How do you account for stuff like snow in that equation?

The bikes in the showcase are unique, in that their behaviour and route was all tightly scripted, so none of this is really a concern.

It'd be cool to see them, but I suspect they get ruled out as just too much work for too little in return.
I think they could still work, even if bikes couldn’t be raced against cars.

In fact they probably could, PGR4 did it well by having the biker fly off the bike in a heavy collision before resetting the player. I think TDU also had bikes V cars but in an open world setting even if the physics weren’t great

I’d say it’s still possible as an expansion since it’s one of the few things Horizon hasn’t done yet.

Sure it’ll probably take a good bit of work, but if The Crew and Driveclub can have bikes with decent physics, I don’t see why Forza can’t

I second the rally expansion, even if it's been done in a previous Forza game. Bring the location to Wales, re-introduce Mitsubishi and Toyota back to the game with some Evos and Celicas (because the game is lacking on 90s rally cars if you ask me). I like the idea and all but I don't see it happening, since you can pretty much do all the rallying you want in the main game as is.

I can't really think of anything they might do, though, other than some over-the-top Hot Wheels type thing again. Which wasn't bad or anything.

A map expansion... and another one. :) Isle of Man or a small bit of London...

For vehicles I can only dream about bikes... but we know it's unlikely to happen.

Sure it’ll probably take a good bit of work, but if The Crew and Driveclub can have bikes with decent physics, I don’t see why Forza can’t

The difference though, is that those games were coded with bikes in mind. The Forza games all use the same tech, and it has all been focused on cars - the physics of a car, the handling of a car, the animation of a car, etc.

I'm sure bikes COULD be hacked into the game's engine with sufficient work from Playground or T10, but like I said - I think that'll be seen as a boatload of work for little return in a post-release DLC.

The difference though, is that those games were coded with bikes in mind. The Forza games all use the same tech, and it has all been focused on cars - the physics of a car, the handling of a car, the animation of a car, etc.

I'm sure bikes COULD be hacked into the game's engine with sufficient work from Playground or T10, but like I said - I think that'll be seen as a boatload of work for little return in a post-release DLC.
Well, we don't know if it was designed with bikes or not.
We do know bike engine sounds have been programmed into the game in such a way that they have glitched in for other vehicles.

I'm not saying they will add bikes for sure, but I don't think it's as far from possibility as the GTPlanet game programmers think.

I think the bridges up at the top of the map are definitely going to be part of it. What would I like to see? More events and more wheels to choose from (that’ll never happen.) I could definitely see some of London happening...or some Welsh countryside? The map is lacking, it doesn’t seem as diverse as FH3. Most of it looks the same.

I think the bridges up at the top of the map are definitely going to be part of it. What would I like to see? More events and more wheels to choose from (that’ll never happen.) I could definitely see some of London happening...or some Welsh countryside? The map is lacking, it doesn’t seem as diverse as FH3. Most of it looks the same.

If they go over those bridges, the map won't be any more diverse. You've seen the diversity of the North of the British Isles in its entirety on this base map.

I agree that the map is a bit samey and a tad too small, doesn't take long at all to drive from one end to the other.
I'd like to see them add another big city, but please not London...

Just somewhere a bit more gritty and real, rather than 'picture postcard' Edinburgh

but more importantly, more 'everyday' cars, the game is far too sports/supercar heavy.

Back