What Does the Gran Turismo Logo mean?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheNxtGenGT
  • 95 comments
  • 24,854 views

TheNxtGenGT

(Banned)
Messages
30
United States
Texas
Messages
CobraLover567
What does the GT logo mean to mean to you? :P
(The Red & Blue GT logo)
 
Last edited:
What logo? The red & blue GT? If that's what you mean then Gran Turismo.
 
Last edited:
As HarVee said, it's GT, for Gran Turismo.
 
Okay, I am officially mesmerized :lol:

Thread of the year here, noone comes close.

GT letters in Gran Turismo logo, Mason, what do they mean?!?
 
Just the colour scheme. Nothing more.
 
haha, sorry guys, what a waste of thread, I'll edit it in a bit
 
haha, sorry guys, what a waste of thread, I'll edit it in a bit

Hahaha, no worries man. :) I actually liked this thread. It actually brought a smile on my face, it was funny. :lol:
 
Personally, I'm always miffed that the blue comes before the red :lol:

In all seriousness though, the silver GT logo fits better with the current generation. More classy. The blue/red logo has a nice retro feel.

Someone should ask Kaz how he came up with it :p
 
Gran_turismo_big.png


It means um, um...yeah I give up.
 
He does have a good question. TheNxtGenGT Gran Turismo is actually red, white, blue and its the french flag. The colors were used in the first 24 hours of Le Mans and all the cars had the colors painted on the cars in a vertical line some where on the car. From then on those color were used to honor the first GT class in the 24 hours of Le Mans. If you look at the history of a number of GT teams you'll notice the cars will have the same vertical red, white, blue lines, along with having those colors in the paint scheme of the car. I know of two team one ran the viper's and the other team ran a car I don't remember at the moment but I look it up. I remember now, it was team Callaway they also had a car with the same colors in the paint scheme.
 
It is great design. What I want to know is why they named it Gran Turismo. How did they get the idea of such a nice name :)
 
He does have a good question. TheNxtGenGT Gran Turismo is actually red, white, blue and its the french flag. The colors were used in the first 24 hours of Le Mans and all the cars had the colors painted on the cars in a vertical line some where on the car. From then on those color were used to honor the first GT class in the 24 hours of Le Mans. If you look at the history of a number of GT teams you'll notice the cars will have the same vertical red, white, blue lines, along with having those colors in the paint scheme of the car. I know of two team one ran the viper's and the other team ran a car I don't remember at the moment but I look it up. I remember now, it was team Callaway they also had a car with the same colors in the paint scheme.

Do you have a source to back that up? Aren't a lot of flags, including the American flag, red, white and blue?
 
Do you have a source to back that up? Aren't a lot of flags, including the American flag, red, white and blue?
You can find it in the book called "24hr of Le Mans" its a book on the history of the 24. You may be able to find it here to. But I'm not going to bother reading through it when I have the book.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24_Hours_of_Le_Mans:cheers:
 
If you plan to buy the book make sure it has the first print maker from 1983, that's when the book was first published. Some books now that cover the 24 doesn't have the full history.
 
I am the only one who sees a Gr in the logo? Gran Turismo.^^
 
It is great design. What I want to know is why they named it Gran Turismo. How did they get the idea of such a nice name :)

Gran Turismo:
Italian for Gran Touring
 
It is great design. What I want to know is why they named it Gran Turismo. How did they get the idea of such a nice name :)

gran tu·ris·mo
ˌgran to͝oˈrizmō/
noun
1. a high-performance model of automobile.


gran turismo [ˈgræn tʊəˈrɪzməʊ]
n pl gran turismos
(Engineering / Automotive Engineering) the full form of GT
[Italian, literally: great touring (i.e., touring on a grand scale)]
 
Personally, I'm always miffed that the blue comes before the red :lol:

In all seriousness though, the silver GT logo fits better with the current generation. More classy. The blue/red logo has a nice retro feel.

Someone should ask Kaz how he came up with it :p

It is only the black screen with the silver GT logo at start-up that ever crashes. It says "loading...", then after that it just freezes up and I have to restart the game.

GO COLOR!
 
You can find it in the book called "24hr of Le Mans" its a book on the history of the 24. You may be able to find it here to. But I'm not going to bother reading through it when I have the book.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24_Hours_of_Le_Mans:cheers:

I have read a bit about the history of motor racing but what I'm looking for is the link between the GT logo and LeMans. Is there a direct link, or are you speculating? Just curious.
 
He does have a good question. TheNxtGenGT Gran Turismo is actually red, white, blue and its the french flag. The colors were used in the first 24 hours of Le Mans and all the cars had the colors painted on the cars in a vertical line some where on the car. From then on those color were used to honor the first GT class in the 24 hours of Le Mans. If you look at the history of a number of GT teams you'll notice the cars will have the same vertical red, white, blue lines, along with having those colors in the paint scheme of the car. I know of two team one ran the viper's and the other team ran a car I don't remember at the moment but I look it up. I remember now, it was team Callaway they also had a car with the same colors in the paint scheme.

Spot on 👍
 
He does have a good question. TheNxtGenGT Gran Turismo is actually red, white, blue and its the french flag. The colors were used in the first 24 hours of Le Mans and all the cars had the colors painted on the cars in a vertical line some where on the car. From then on those color were used to honor the first GT class in the 24 hours of Le Mans. If you look at the history of a number of GT teams you'll notice the cars will have the same vertical red, white, blue lines, along with having those colors in the paint scheme of the car. I know of two team one ran the viper's and the other team ran a car I don't remember at the moment but I look it up. I remember now, it was team Callaway they also had a car with the same colors in the paint scheme.

Amazing Zuel. :)👍

It is great design. What I want to know is why they named it Gran Turismo. How did they get the idea of such a nice name :)

Its also such a memorable and lovely name as well. Something that everyone will never forget. ;)
 
I have read a bit about the history of motor racing but what I'm looking for is the link between the GT logo and LeMans. Is there a direct link, or are you speculating? Just curious.
Are you referring to the Gran Turismo title? I did a quick search and I found a few other cars that used the same colors in the cars paints scheme. I'll post them in a moment.
 
Back