What Does the Qualifier do?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by Grifimus, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Grifimus

Grifimus

In lobbies, you have 2 options on what race type you want to do: Race and Practice, or Race with Qualifier and Practice. What is a qualifier? I've had GT6 since it first released, but I really don't know what a qualifier is.

2. iainoflo85

iainoflo85

From Wikipedia Formula One page.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_One#Qualifying

Basically a formal qualifying session with the race straight after.

3. Grifimus

Grifimus

4. iainoflo85

iainoflo85

Yeah, it puts drivers in the order of fastest to slowest in a formal timed session pre-race and lists a "results" page showing the times then the starting grid like in a Career race and then the race starts after a slight delay.

5. Grifimus

Grifimus

OK, Thanks! :cheers:

6. mlbguy4life

mlbguy4life

SORRY FOR ALL CAPS, MY TABLET IS MESSED UP....

SOMEBODY HAS TO START FIRST, AND SECOND.......AND LAST. EVERYBODY RUNS A COUPLE LAPS TO GET THE FASTEST TIME POSSIBLE. THOSE LAP TIMES DETERMINE THE STARTING ORDER OF THE RACE.

7. ynot

ynot

Run a race with it on and see. You have the option to run together or alone. Together you see all the cars on the track. Alone you only see yourself so you can run the best lap possible without traffic holding you up.

8. Lendaug_GT

Lendaug_GT

What chaps my arse is this was omitted from campaign mode... A Racing game without Qualifying is like a fish trying to breathe dirt.

Michael88 likes this.
  9. DolHaus

DolHaus

Yeah but then we wouldn't have the fun* of trying to hunt down a 2J or Toyota 70 that started on the front row and promptly disappeared in the historic race cup lol

(*Please note, "fun" is subject to personal experience, results may vary, side effects may include nausea, dizziness and loss of hair)