What Does the Qualifier do?

• Thread starter Grifimus
  • 8 comments
United States
Indianapolis, IN
Griffin2400
In lobbies, you have 2 options on what race type you want to do: Race and Practice, or Race with Qualifier and Practice. What is a qualifier? I've had GT6 since it first released, but I really don't know what a qualifier is.

qualifying sessions differed little from practice sessions; drivers would have one or more entire sessions in which to attempt to set their fastest time, sometimes within a limited number of attempts, with the grid order determined by each driver's best single lap, fastest (on pole position) to slowest.

From Wikipedia Formula One page.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_One#Qualifying

Basically a formal qualifying session with the race straight after.

So the qualifier is basically a lap time session before the actual race?

Yeah, it puts drivers in the order of fastest to slowest in a formal timed session pre-race and lists a "results" page showing the times then the starting grid like in a Career race and then the race starts after a slight delay.

Yeah, it puts drivers in the order of fastest to slowest in a formal timed session pre-race and lists a "results" page showing the times then the starting grid like in a Career race and then the race starts after a slight delay.
OK, Thanks! :cheers:

In lobbies, you have 2 options on what race type you want to do: Race and Practice, or Race with Qualifier and Practice. What is a qualifier? I've had GT6 since it first released, but I really don't know what a qualifier is.
SORRY FOR ALL CAPS, MY TABLET IS MESSED UP....

SOMEBODY HAS TO START FIRST, AND SECOND.......AND LAST. EVERYBODY RUNS A COUPLE LAPS TO GET THE FASTEST TIME POSSIBLE. THOSE LAP TIMES DETERMINE THE STARTING ORDER OF THE RACE.

Run a race with it on and see. You have the option to run together or alone. Together you see all the cars on the track. Alone you only see yourself so you can run the best lap possible without traffic holding you up.

What chaps my arse is this was omitted from campaign mode... A Racing game without Qualifying is like a fish trying to breathe dirt.

What chaps my arse is this was omitted from campaign mode... A Racing game without Qualifying is like a fish trying to breathe dirt.
Yeah but then we wouldn't have the fun* of trying to hunt down a 2J or Toyota 70 that started on the front row and promptly disappeared in the historic race cup lol

(*Please note, "fun" is subject to personal experience, results may vary, side effects may include nausea, dizziness and loss of hair)

Back