• 34 comments

Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
So far, everyone has been making suggestions for new things, but what should be left out?

I can't believe how easy this game becomes once you get your hands on an F1 car! that sucks and shouldn't happen till you have finished at least 80% of the game or more.

Also I don't like the way the game lets you bash off the barriers and still post the fastest time. The game should disqualify that lap like it used to in the GT2 time trials.

These are only my opinions :P

they should leave out half the getto rap R&B songs that they put in. They are just not for racing.. MORe Rock and 80's and alternative and tech.:D :D

more fun and challenging races for regular cars. i honestly don't see the point in owning any regular cars after you've entered the harder parts of the game. have many more races that don't require a full-blown race car! i mean, GT1 was cool because you could complete much of the game with a normal car with a few mods, gt2 focused a bit more on race cars but GT3 is almost completely focused on the race cars. don't get me wrong, it's a rush to blast through the final stretch of rome circuit at 200mph, but more races with low-end cars should be included. also, the jump in career mode between your first car and your first race car should be longer and harder. i started with a miata, went to a silvia, then won a camero race car. since then, i haven't needed to go back to normal cars (besides a few for certain races). i think you should have to progress through several low-end cars before getting your hands on a race model. the beginning of the game should be generally slowed down.

My list of things they should leave out:
Vitz
Formula 1 cars(Not completely, just kind of win them on races once you're about 95% done with the game, then you can use those, indy, and nascars)
Pop, Rap, and all that new crappy noise(stick with REAL MUSIC, like Jimi Hendrix)
Half of the japanise cars(WAY too many of them, I want more USA and Europe!)

I would like better track selections for the races. Racing mazda MX5 around the test track is not very fun at all when you can only go 220 K/Mh

1) Cars
I have to disagree with the economy car comments that people are making. I, for one, really really miss all of the every day cars that were in gt2..

No, not all of the cars were able to hit 100mph (;)). Hasn't anyone ever heard of club racing? auto-crosses?

I have to put myself in the tuner crowd (owned a Talon TSi AWD, and a Mazda RX-7 R1) and I still like driving stock cars (addendum: stock cars with racing slicks) more than I like driving 1000hp cars with full suspension etc.

I say leave the cheapy cars in. And put back all of the daily drivers into the game. If you want to drive a F1 car, or super sports cars, go buy another game. 90% or more of all racing games focus on the porche/ferarri/exotic sports cars, or full blown race cars. I like to see some emphasis on the lower end cars because they have their own important part of the car world.

2) Races
I'd like to see more of a systematic method of going through the races.. more like a career. No one races a couple of clubman cups and then heads to F1.. I would prefer it if they made you "unlock" (as the gaming community calls it) the next races. Or the next series of races. I'm in favour of long, drawn out games. They're more fun, you play them for longer, and make it more worth your money ;) Theres nothing I hate more than getting to a point where I can beat everything. Then I feel like I'm cheating and don't appreciate the game like I used to.

3) Tuning
More restrictions. I'd prefer to race a bunch of other cars on an even basis...

4) Skill levels
If you want to race against beginner level drivers and you're an expert driver, so be it. However, not everyone has as much experience racing as some of us and the game can be ungodly hard if you don't know about type 1 and type 2 curves, etc, and the proper line through them. On the other hand, I don't want to be bored racing against ****ty drivers. I don't like lapping people on the 5th lap (re: tuning).

5) More opponents
More than 6 people per race please.. I'm sure the rendering engine is good enough at this point that we can add more cars in a scene..

6) User defined races
Let me pick some cars to race against, choose the track, set some restrictions on modifications.. You could even make money this way, the harder you make it, the more money you win..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, thats enough, that turned out to be much longer than I originally anticipated, and not a "What don't I want to see" into a "What I want to see".

Oh well, c'est la vie.

Questions, comments and flames always welcome!

Originally posted by digitalAnomaly

3) Tuning
More restrictions. I'd prefer to race a bunch of other cars on an even basis...

Um, if you want a challenge, use your Mustange against some Vipers. Just use cars that aren't as good as the others and race using those, instead of using F1 cars from 20%+

Hummmm, what I don't what to see in GT4? I personaly don't think the network play is gonna be any good. I've have tried racing on the net with other racing games and have had little success with that. I think if people want to race over the net then they should do it via the computer.

Allthough it might be good? We will just have to see..

They need to leave out the reallllly slow races. I'm all for the normal cars, but the 60mph races are a bore. Leave tuning though, but make the races use tuned race cars, not standard, originally high powered cars. For instance, in GT2 you could beat the GT1 race cars on Red Rock with a 378hp FTO. What's up with that?

Originally posted by Karlos
Compulsory Replays. They're great, but the novelty wears off after a while.

Totally agreed!
Compulsory replays was annoying in GT2 and I was expecting the Digi Poly to have it as an option but alas no:(

What I also like to see gone is those pointless options & messages when upgrading the cars, i.e. when you buy the brakes, you're asked if you'd like to fit them... erm no I'd like to buy sports brake for a shed of cash but continue to use the stock!
Oh, and after you select to fit the brakes you're helpfully told that the fitting was successful... when was the last time any upgrade bloody failed!!!

Grrr, I hate unneccesary button pressing :mad:

I Really hate the comp crashing in to you when ever you go out of control and try to get back in the race. I dont want there to be stupid comp cars in gt4. Every time im in the lead and i take a turn the wrong way and spin out, the stupid comp does nothing to avoid hitting me. It just slams right in to me, i hate when that happens.:mad: :mad: :mad:

The AI cars should also not block you if you are comming up to lap them :mad: :mad: . If that happened in a real race (after all GT is the real driving sim) they wood have had flags waved at them and a time penalty.

I would really like to have comp cars that you can actually move if you run into them.

Sure they can make you fishtail, but the only way I can move them, is hitting them @ 200+ MPH and T-boning them...

Just a thought

Actually, sudden impact is about the only way NOT to move them. Nothing is more satisfying to me than making the car that's been pissing me off for the last three laps take an unscheduled pit stop due to a well-timed shove. :D

Originally posted by danpollard
Oh yeah, leave out the car wash and the tacky wheels (leave racing style wheels in).

The wheels kick, and if you leave out the car wash, the cars can't get dirty, then it isn't as realistic. I say leave em both in:mad:

Stop picking on the Vitz (Yaris).

GT2: yellow, stock, nickname of Betsy. Famous struggle down Apricot Hill straight shouting "hit 100 damnit!".:P

GT3: salmon pink, 280 hp :eek: , no nick (yet).

Why the heck is everyone knocking the Vitz! That Vitz race is the most competitve in the game! (with the exception of the Zonda series). Sure it slow, but so are the other vitz's your racing against.

The cars they should get rid of are the boats! M-B 600!!! Aston Martin!!! The PT Cruiser!!! They might have huge horsepower, but they need it to push their weight around.

Originally posted by casper
Why the heck is everyone knocking the Vitz! That Vitz race is the most competitve in the game! (with the exception of the Zonda series). Sure it slow, but so are the other vitz's your racing against.

The cars they should get rid of are the boats! M-B 600!!! Aston Martin!!! The PT Cruiser!!! They might have huge horsepower, but they need it to push their weight around.

Vitz is **** :D The most competitive races are the F1 races(so I hear) I beat both the Vitz, with my pink vitz mind you, and the Zonda races with no problems. And there's no problem with Aston Martin, the Vantage is a pretty good car I think, it looks cool too :D

Back