What features would you be prepared to lose in GT5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr. Wendal
  • 40 comments
  • 3,200 views
Messages
16
I'm not asking what you don't want in GT5, but what you could live without if you had to. GT4 took so long to develop, if they had cut half of it out it could have been released sooner.

So that the development team has more time to work on things GT4 lacks, like damage model, AI etc, what would you be prepared to lose in GT5?

I wouldn't mind if the team spent no time on:
1) Putting non-sports cars in the game (vans etc)
2) Adding new tracks
3) Arcade mode
4) Dirt and snow races
5) Photo mode
6) B-spec mode
7) Driving missions
8) Coffee Breaks


Hopefully this would give them more time to work on AI, damage, online, car body kits etc.
 
Mr. Wendal
I wouldn't mind if the team spent no time on:
4) Dirt and snow races
5) Photo mode
6) B-spec mode
7) Driving missions
8) Coffee Breaks

Those 5 and some other things I can't come up with, right now.
oh yeah, endurance races and licences
 
I'm sure i could live without cars.

No, realy that would be fun, spend all your time running around the nurburgring. You would get about 2 laps out of the 24h race
 
Photo mode and Endurance races are what I enjoy the most in GT4. Arcade mode is also fun to play with friends.
And because of the long endurace races it's also practical to have the B-spec mode.

They should get rid of nothing. SCEA has the rsources, time and hardware to make improvements without sacrificing anything.
 
External Car View!
But how would you see the damage if they implemented it?

Auto save. I'd really like to get rid of it.
 
superhodge
I'm sure i could live without cars.

No, realy that would be fun, spend all your time running around the nurburgring. You would get about 2 laps out of the 24h race
:lol:
 
Lose features?!?!? I don't want to lose anything from GT4! However it's likely we will.
 
ExigeExcel
But how would you see the damage if they implemented it?

Auto save. I'd really like to get rid of it.
Very true! Autosave is a nightmare on wheels.:dopey: You turn it off, and it saves anyway.
 
How about lose about half of the Japanese cars.

Is it just me or is the game biased towards the North Pacific and America (Sony might be Japanese but they are supposed to be a global brand).

About 60-70% of the cars in GT4 seem to be Japanese or American cars (how many different versions of the Skyline, NSX, Supra do we really need!!), European cars seem to be out numbered about 3 to 1 by the rest

They could have cut down the number of Japanese cars and included different cars (some might even say more relevant to europeans, i mean how many europeans actually watch JTCC) Where was the Capri in the legendary Fords (it was legendary).

I could do without cars that you cannot actually race (Nike One 2002, Toyota triathlon, Daimler Motor Carriage, etc, etc....) what was the point in taking up valuable disk space with vehicles that were about as useful as a spare **** at an orgy, the disk space could have gone on including more MG's than the F & the TF160 (what about the MG Xpower or ZR, ZS, ZT).

Vauxhall OR Opel please, not both. Duplicating cars needlessly annoys people (i have nothing against local variations depending on which brand is more popular)

Here endeth the complaint!


[EDIT] Since when has size 7 text been suitable for body copy?[/EDIT]
 
I completely agree with you OpelVectra. A comment would be to use a bit smaller font, takes up less room. I can tell you're a bit pissed, and I've been there, but don't take it out on the forum. Here endeth the response.
 
I could do without you typing and posting the letters that big.

The only thing I want gone is the 5-Second Penalty and Auto-Save staying on.

Keep the Auto-Save, but if someone turns it off, it needs to STAY OFF.


Other than that, keep everything.
The rally, snow, Photomode, Endurance races and the non-sports cars, etc.
 
5 sec penalty and some of the original tracks; please replace them by real tracks. Duplicate cars.
 
With the power of the Ps3 CPU &GPU I am prepared to lose NOTHING.....and I don't expect to.
 
Keep it all, and add more stuff. I mean, for god sake, they only used up 2 GB of the available 4.7 GB on DVD disc! Jeez! And with the BuRay discs coming out for PS3 that can hold like 54 GB, what have they got to lose? Or what is it that they cant fit in 54 gb? What was completeyly awesome about the preview was seeing like 20 cars on nurburgring at the same time, that was crazy l337.
 
How about losing the lame "Garage" and replacing it with something like PGR2 had? A walk around 3d showroom.
 
Cars- Because it's going onto a new platform with better graphics, chances are GT5 will have significantly less cars. This is what happened with GT3, the first GT on the PS2. They'll have to take a little more time to reformat all of the cars for the new platform.

Companies- Because of the lack of cars, most of the companies with very few cars will be dropped. They'll drop Cadillac, which is very hot in racing today, but keep ever so boring Daihatsu. The reason for this is because Daihatsu has many cars.
 
Kolyana
How about losing the lame "Garage" and replacing it with something like PGR2 had? A walk around 3d showroom.
I wanted that for GT4 so bad. :indiff:
I really want that feature from PGR2 in GT5.
And if GT5 doesn't get it, then PGR3 will have to suit me then if Bizzare is smart enough to keep it.
 
5 sec. penalty. Vectra your right about there being to many Japanese cars but your wrong about the American cars though. The American and European cars are about the same to me in volume to the American cars and this is the first GT where they decided to broaden the American manufactures.
 
I don't mind the 5 Second Penalty, but I would like collision detection improved. It's totally annoying when the AI hits you and you get penalised for it and hence lose the race.

I don't mind A-Spec points either, it's good to set the difficulty yourself instead of simply buying the fastest car in the rules and caning everyone. That said, I would like to know the actual A-Spec value before I'm committed to the race.

While I don't mind Wet and Snow races, I would like more than one or two in the game. Ice Arena is a virtual non-entitiy and Chamonix is a HUGE step up in terms of difficulty. Tsukuba is a dinky little track and somewhere like Suzuka or El Capitan would have been a better choice for a wet race (plus, can we get more cars on track?)

I'd also boot a few of the Japanese/Asian tracks as well. If I had to pick them I'd say Fuji 2005 (can't see the apexs of the corners because of the tarmac run-off), Tsukuba (dinky little track and rather boring) and Seoul (poor-man's New York) should go and be replaced with more European race tracks.
 
I'm prepared to lose Driving Mission, I don't care much about it. 👎
 
1. LAN play (aslong as it still has online)
2. 3D
3. Head tracking
 
I wouldn't mind losing a number of variations, of fictional tarmac so including more tracks like Zandvoort, Goodwood circuit, Brooklands, 60's Silverstone full circuit, Rouen-Les-Essarts in France & most or all of the Ozzy tracks plus not so famous circuits around the globe.
 
I've said it before, I'd give up night racing if it meant gaining cockpit views.
 
Losing 90% of all Skylines, Supras, RX-7s.
And getting rid of the duplicates. There would be more disc space.
 
I agree with what Vectra/Opel mentioned, more varied cars across the board.Meaning more of the useful recent/classic/vintage wheels can be included.Where is Noble, Ascari, Daimler, Bentley, Cadillac, Porsche, Morgan, Ariel, Keonigsegg, De Tomaso, Marcos, Proton, Rover, Saab, Seat, Ultima, Sunbeam, Wiesmann etc.Don't tell me about Porsche, i know.
 
Last edited:
Losing 90% of all Skylines, Supras, RX-7s.
And getting rid of the duplicates. There would be more disc space.
This is one of the strangest posts yet...

Anyway, the ONLY thing I'm prepared to lose are the excessive confirmation buttons in GT. Pressing "Yes" three times to add a modification, and then "Yes" again to notify that it was added, who needs that?? :p
 
This is one of the strangest posts yet...

Anyway, the ONLY thing I'm prepared to lose are the excessive confirmation buttons in GT. Pressing "Yes" three times to add a modification, and then "Yes" again to notify that it was added, who needs that?? :p
Plus a progress bar in between each "Yes" to tell you that the part is "being equipped."
 
I would be totally prepared to lose those REALLY, awfully slow cars like the Daihatsus.
 
Back