What features would you be prepared to lose in GT5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr. Wendal
  • 40 comments
  • 3,200 views
Spend less time making the cars look better than they do in real life, use that time to perhaps add some more real life tracks (Monza, Spa, Silverstone, Istanbul park, Melbourne, to name but a few) and to ensure atleast a generic cockpit view for all the cars.

Then they can dump the head tracking and 3d nonsense and spend that time ensuring you have lots of options for setting up the controls to drive the car, so that you dont get your virtual road car doing donuts or doing full track laps without needing to turn the wheel much more than an inch from centre point (Something ive seen in a few GT vids).



If i had to say 1 thing i really would not like them to take away (since some people mentioned it) is the driving missions. They were the only thing that had any challenge in GT4, and i spent a fair bit of time working through them all, very rewarding and enteraining, makes you a much better driver at the end of it.
 
With the time I'ts taken to make this game.....NOTHING.
 
Rolling starts.
 
The prologue ones, which I find is a lazy way of programing AI.
 
I could easily live without: Spectator mode, License tests, 1,000 cars (instead having 500 or so), that new Data logger thing or whatever it was called with that Lexus IS-F going on Fuji in real time then in game (I'm sure some of you will know what I'm on about), B-Spec mode, Real time 24 hour races.

This way they could spend more time including more Premiums, adding more tracks perhaps and maybe even a sooner release date.
 
I can easily do without the driving missions and the coffee breaks. B-Spec should only be used when you're too lazy to stay up for 24 hours or you don't fancy leaving your console on for a week to do an endurance race. I can do without the ancient cars (Ford Model T, Mercedes-Benz Patent Motorwagen etc.) that have no purpose in GT. I can also do without Citia di Aria. That circuit gave me a migraine.
 
I could do without useless 30hp cars, cars that you cannot race (Nike 2022 etc), Headtracking, 3D and especially Move.
I don't need every Skyline ever built, either.

Some nice youngtimers would be fine instead like Opel Kadett,GT, Commdore or Ford Capri.
 
very easy answer
KARTING !!!!!!!
this is gt5 what the xxxx is karting ? omg
 
I could do without useless 30hp cars, cars that you cannot race (Nike 2022 etc), Headtracking, 3D and especially Move.
Something to keep in mind is that the cars you couldn't race in GT4 were do to technical limitations. If any of them return for GT5, expect to be able to race them like any other car.

very easy answer
KARTING !!!!!!!
this is gt5 what the xxxx is karting ? omg
One of the most competitive forms of racing there is.
 
I can do without the ancient cars (Ford Model T, Mercedes-Benz Patent Motorwagen etc.) that have no purpose in GT.

Define purpose in a GT-game please, racing only? I guess these cars are indeed pointless.
Driving and experiencing them ( and having fun doing so ) as in a playable encyclopedia of car history which is how I see it they certainly do serve a purpose as both cars are extremely significant ( one being the first car ever build and the other being the first mass-produced car ).
Which other games even offered those car to experience?
That you don't like these cars isn't the same as not having a purpose in GT ( I don't like a lot of cars in GT ).
Not saying you must like them, or your dislike of them is wrong, but they do have a place in GT.
 
Back