What FFB setting do I increase to feel more resistence in the wheel?

From Jack Spades:

Q: My wheel feels too weak.
A: You have several options for increasing the strength of FFB:
1. Experiment with Range Compression settings.
2. Increase Tire Force - this will increase all forces without breaking their relative ratios.
3. Increase FFB strength in wheel profiler (in Logitech, uncheck allow game to change settings box).
4. Increase SpindleMasterScale/SoPScale but keep them at the same level.

Tire Force up to max 200 was too much, just didn't feel right. 150 feels nice.

If you ever played GT6 with a wheel you know the sensation I'm talking about. In GT6 there's the Driving Options before starting a race that has the setting Force Feedback Torque. The higher it is the more resistance to you turning it. It just made the wheel feel heavier basically, and at the time I had a DFGT which wasn't very strong so it was nice. The G29 I have now isn't much stronger so I'm looking to replicate that setting.

Many years I used to play GT series and have got PC recently. And I am confused due to this huge amount of settings. I allways used consoles due to "plug and play", but there I can't do that :(

Can someone explain few things please:
1. I need to calibrate wheel only once (don't need to do that every time I enter game)? Am I right?
2. I found that FFB should be adjusted for every car individually - FFB seetings will be stored for every car individually or I should do that every time I change the car? If yes - are you doing that? :eek:
3. I use T300, tried karts yesterday and everything was fine, but when I get Lancer I couldn't drive it at all - felt like there is no FFB at all about +-20 degrees from center and car almost didn't react to the wheel turn in this range. When I turned wheel more - car turned and FFB was OK. Same was with the one of LMP's. Is it normal (there were nothing similar on the GT6)? I haven't touched FFB settings yet, except FFB strenght (turned down to 60, because it was to strong for me).
4. Can I change HUD type, size? It is very uncortable for me.

Many years I used to play GT series and have got PC recently. And I am confused due to this huge amount of settings. I allways used consoles due to "plug and play", but there I can't do that :(

Can someone explain few things please:
1. I need to calibrate wheel only once (don't need to do that every time I enter game)? Am I right?
Yes.

2. I found that FFB should be adjusted for every car individually - FFB seetings will be stored for every car individually or I should do that every time I change the car? If yes - are you doing that? :eek:
There are FFB settings stored for each car as long as you save them like any other setting. It's up to you whether you want to have specific settings for each car. I don't, except I change Fy for each car.

3. I use T300, tried karts yesterday and everything was fine, but when I get Lancer I couldn't drive it at all - felt like there is no FFB at all about +-20 degrees from center and car almost didn't react to the wheel turn in this range. When I turned wheel more - car turned and FFB was OK. Same was with the one of LMP's. Is it normal (there were nothing similar on the GT6)? I haven't touched FFB settings yet, except FFB strenght (turned down to 60, because it was to strong for me).
Don't know what the problem is here. I have a T300 and I don't recall experiencing that.

4. Can I change HUD type, size? It is very uncortable for me.
I think you can customize the look of the HUD to a certain extent, like move displays to different spots on the screen. But I don't think you can change the size of anything. You might get more options on PC.

thanks for help @Awong124
I think I have solved both problems - recalibrated wheel and seems it's OK now, also instaled pCars dash.
Could you share general wheel FFB settings please?

I have found FFB settings for every car on http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
but don't understand them: there are settings for "Master Scale",-,"Fx Scale","Fy Scale","Fz Scale","Mz Scale","Fx Smooth","Fy Smooth","Fz Smooth","Mz Smooth",-,"Arm Angle","SoP Scale","SoP Lateral","SoP Diff","SoP Damp", but in game I also see "Body Scale", "Body Longitudinal Scale", "Body Stiffness", "Body Damping". Setups on that site doesn't have theese settings - they should be left stock? Also I see hight values (from that site) 500-4500 range - what they are (Arm angle or other?) I can't set so hight values in game.

Sorry for my stupid questions, but I can only drive and am absolutely noob at settings, tuning and etc.

I don't have access to my PCARS at the moment, so I can't post my settings. But I remember that my general settings are not very much different from default. I just made some small tweaks here and there. The biggest difference between my settings and default by far is that I turn down Fy for every car.

You can read detailed descriptions of each setting, and still have no idea what it's supposed to do. The only way you can really understand what each of those things mean and do, is to try them on default, then change the value of one of them and try again and feel what changed. And do that for each setting. That's how I figured out to reduce Fy to get the feel I wanted. I've tried the Jack Spade settings, which uses the SoP settings extensively, and realized that SoP to me feels like crap. I'm really not sure what SoP is supposed to accomplish. I mean, I know theoretically what it's meant to do, but I don't think it really accomplishes that. To me, all it does is add a slight delay to the feedback, making everything feel slow and sluggish.

It's a shame it's so hard to understand what they do, but the new game will be out in under 2 months and it will be so much better. We can put this behind us and move on.

I have my settings pretty much dialed in how I like it, and to me PCARS has the best feeling FFB of any driving game I've ever played. Assetto Corsa isn't even close. Though the people that generally complain about PCARS FFB and praise Assetto Corsa FFB are generally Logitech G-wheel users. Maybe PCARS just feels like crap on those wheels.

Some of you guys are running very high tire force which causes the wheel to become twitchy and sloppy dead center.
Here is the settings I use and recommend.
With these settings I just adjust the Master Scale to 40 in the car tuning FFB menu before the race.

Steering Deadzone (0)
Steering Sensitivity (50)
Throttle Deadzone (0)
Throttle Sensitity (50)
Brake Deadzone (0)
Brake Sensitity (40)
Clutch Deadzone (0)
Clutch Sensititvy (35)

Speed Snesitivity (0)
Controller Filtering Sensitivity (0)
Damper Saturation (0)

Force Feedback (85) you can increase or lower it!
RPM/Gear Display (Yes)

Controller Input Mode (3)
Advanced (On)
Steering Dampening (On)
Visual Wheel Filtering (On)
Opposite Lock Help (Off)

Tire Force (35)
Per Wheel Movement (0)
Per Wheel Movement Squared (0)
Wheel Position Smoothing (0.04)

Deadzone Removal Range (0.00)
Deadzone Removal Falloff (0.01)