What German car is most like the Nissan GT-R?

  • Thread starter Thread starter smrtb0mb
  • 40 comments
  • 4,275 views
Messages
381
Canada
Toronto
Messages
smrtb0mb
See, I want to practice the Nurburgring for the GT-R time attack trophy... but I want to make money while I'm doing that by running the Schartzwald event. :)

So my first guess would be the Audi R8... any other suggestions?
 
If it's completely stock with sport hard tires, probably fairly close.
 
A fully tuned RS4 estate is pretty fast. Not sure if it gets anywhere near the GT-R though.
 
RS6 Avant, SLS AMG, M5, SL55 AMG, C63 AMG and M3 Coupe are your best bets.
 
I'm guessing the R8's will simulate the feel of the GT-R the best, considering they're all 4WD:)
 
Lexus IS-F? Lexus is dual-nationally registered in Germany AND Japan and therefore half-qualifies...
 
dtm car with no areo and less tires maybe

awd right?
 
Yeah it's gotta be an AWD, so probably an Audi. BMWs and Mercedes don't really feel the same at all :) The R8 is the obvious choice, but maybe there's something more obscure that I'm not thinking of.
 
A few of the Rufs are AWD but they're rear engined obviously. I'd try the RS4/6 and the R8 and see which feels more similar. There are a few generations of them, so be sure to try them all. Any car you choose will get you more track time though, so it'll help either way.
 
C-ZETA
RS6 Avant, SLS AMG, M5, SL55 AMG, C63 AMG and M3 Coupe are your best bets.

Ya, those are just like the GT-R.... Ha. Are you smoking crack?
 
have you tried the Audi Nuvolari or what it´s called?
 
have you tried the Audi Nuvolari or what it´s called?

Way too much understeer. I also laughed at those who recommended the Audi RS6 Avant and BMW M5. You were right about the Audi R8 5.2, that's your best bet. The GT-R is a bit better though.
 
I think you're closest with the '09 R8. Just add a bit of weight and take off a bit of HP to match the stock GT-R numbers.
 
Audi Rs6 is probably closer to the GTR than the R8 because it's front engined AWD. Try the rS4 as well.
 
Way too much understeer. I also laughed at those who recommended the Audi RS6 Avant and BMW M5. You were right about the Audi R8 5.2, that's your best bet. The GT-R is a bit better though.

I haven´t tried it yet. Just thought that it could be a "match". Haven´t tried any of the GT-R´s either.

My best guess is the R8.
 
I haven´t tried it yet. Just thought that it could be a "match". Haven´t tried any of the GT-R´s either.

My best guess is the R8.

I would've thought so too but it's really bad! I wish the RS5 was in the game. Of course it's no GT-R but it would be fun.
 
Could try the hpa tuned audi tt thing . 4wd at least but probably reqs power limiting a little ? Or as suggested r8
 
boredgunner
Lap times will say otherwise.

More like the 911 Turbo or Turbo S.

Not in the way they drive though. R8 is quite oversteery.
 
Not in the way they drive though. R8 is quite oversteery.

Yeah I don't think you'll find a German car that handles and performs like a GT-R. You can try the RS4 or RS6 and R8. As someone suggested, adding weight to the front of the R8 might bring you closer to the feel of a GT-R.
 
Simple answer: none. And most certainly not anything Audi has to offer.

Top tip: Arcade feels different to A-spec anyway so try to do a 8 something lap and race your ghost. With a GT-R.
 
The R8 4.2 since the Porsche 911 isn't in the game..
 
Mac K
The R8 4.2 since the Porsche 911 isn't in the game..

They have both, or all three, in common that they have four wheels. And that's it.

Seriously, you guys are killing me.
 
Simple answer: none. And most certainly not anything Audi has to offer.

Top tip: Arcade feels different to A-spec anyway so try to do a 8 something lap and race your ghost. With a GT-R.

Yeah I know using the GT-R in arcade mode is of course the closest, but I'm bored of doing that and figured I might as well earn some credits/exp while training on the 'Ring.

Re: HPA suggestion - I think it's classified as Canadian and would be disallowed from the Schwartzwald event.
 
boredgunner
Lap times will say otherwise.

More like the 911 Turbo or Turbo S.

The GT2 is a factory upgraded 911 Turbo.

Hello?! Know much about Porsches?
 
Take an Audi RS and lighten it like crazy. I think the R8 is a bit too low to replicate the feel of the GT-R.
 
gallardo or R8
 
Back