What German car is most like the Nissan GT-R?

  • Thread starter Thread starter smrtb0mb
  • 40 comments
  • 4,275 views
My first suggestion would have been the R8 too!



Since when have Lamborghini been German? :confused:

Lamborghini is owned by VWAG. The Gallardo and R8 are more or less the same car.
 
I've been running this race in a stock C63AMG on sports soft and while I enjoyed some of its drifting characteristics, it's far more likely to snap oversteer and throw you off than a GTR, plus, it's slower. (best so far is a 7:40 but there's traffic at the start of the lap, so who knows...) Had a great fight with an '05 M5 just now, only won by 10ths. I'd say if you can cut a 7:30 in that, you should be in good shape for a trophy run. (I took it with a .26 last week)
 
The R8 5.2 is the closest you can get to GTR from Germany.
However - the R8 is much worse than the GTR, it lacks grip and it's nowhere as nimble as the GTR, but again - it's your best shot.
Also, I've tested GTR vs R8 earlier today:
Track: Fuji GT
Nissan GTR: 1:47:653
Nissan GTR SpecV: 1:46:347
Audi R8 5.2: 1:48:769
 
Audi R8 4.2 FSI (Tronic?) It handles more like the GT-R, calm and easy to control.
 
Modified Audi TTS?

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner. A modded TTS would have the nimbleness of the GTR, and the extra power from modifying would bring it close to the performance of the GTR. A stock R8 would be closer in power, but it is mid-engine AWD, and that is why I think the TTS is a better handling comparison to the GTR (front engine AWD). The TTS is lighter, but that helps with the nimbleness and lack of power. I love my slightly modded TTS, and it is more fun to drive, IMO, than the GTR.
 
Since when have Lamborghini been German? :confused:

They're all made by VWAG - the R8 and Gallardo are effectively the same car.

EDIT: Sorry - I see now that YellowG1 beat me to it with exactly the same Top VWAG Factoid :D
 
Last edited:
Ya, those are just like the GT-R.... Ha. Are you smoking crack?

The RS6 is 4WD and the others have roughly the same weight and about the same, maybe more power...so really I'm not on crack. Plus I didn't bother saying the obvious R8 because it was obvious. :boggled:
 
The GT2 is a factory upgraded 911 Turbo.

Hello?! Know much about Porsches?

The GT2 is RWD. The 911 Turbo is 4WD, like the GT-R. Hello?! Know much about Porsches?
 
Last edited:
Audi Le Mans Concept?
We're all going to run out of options.
In my eyes, the RS6 is the only road car that can keep up with it in a straight line. Just need to try and hone the cornering.
 
Back