What happened to???

• Thread starter Skython
  • 10 comments
New Zealand
beyond down under
PD said that there was going to be Belgian High fens, and rom this pic there are TWO environments we didn't get :confused:

Look at this

What happened to them, any clues??

Last edited:
They were probably scrapped, much like that Mini Cooper Cup Car that someone else discovered too.

We've already had 2 environments added in updates, who's to say we won't get more? :) Here's hoping. 👍

Did they really add environments through updates? I recall the major update that changed some of the specs and allowed us to race the tracks online but didn't know they added environments. Granted, I never really used it before the update that let us play online so I probably wouldn't have noticed.

Which ones were added? I spend tons of time in the course maker but I feel like the options are fairly limited, most of my tracks are on Eifel full or Eifel kart because I don't think any of the other ones actually feel like race tracks and I don't often have the need for a snow or dirt track. I'd love one similar to the full Eifel map that was flatter and had different scenery, like a Road America or Sebring type style. 👍

StigsHero
Did they really add environments through updates? I recall the major update that changed some of the specs and allowed us to race the tracks online but didn't know they added environments. Granted, I never really used it before the update that let us play online so I probably wouldn't have noticed.

Which ones were added? I spend tons of time in the course maker but I feel like the options are fairly limited, most of my tracks are on Eifel full or Eifel kart because I don't think any of the other ones actually feel like race tracks and I don't often have the need for a snow or dirt track. I'd love one similar to the full Eifel map that was flatter and had different scenery, like a Road America or Sebring type style. 👍

I'd imagine that you'd want Tokyo for Sebring.
That way you can be sure it's completely flat like IRL.

We've already had 2 environments added in updates, who's to say we won't get more? :) Here's hoping. 👍

I didn't know they did this, maybe there is hope :)

We didn't get any new environments in updates.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-course-maker-demo-gameplay-video/

In this video, posted back on October 12, we can see that there were already more than four locations listed in the video, which look to be Toscana, Eifel, Mount Aso, and Liege. I'm confident Alaska was also there on day one. That just leaves the two kart courses, Eifel kart and Tokyo kart. I couldn't find anything anywhere saying that any new course locations were added, so all seven must have been there from the start.

I'd love one similar to the full Eifel map that was flatter and had different scenery, like a Road America or Sebring type style. 👍
I'd imagine that you'd want Tokyo for Sebring.
That way you can be sure it's completely flat like IRL.

The problem with Tokyo is that the courses are always tiny, even if you use seven sectors. They also tend to be pretty tight, as I recall, and don't leave much room to get any real speed in high-end cars.

Yeah, I think the longest track I've been able to make at Tokyo is under a mile and a half and even at its widest the track is too narrow for anything bigger than a Lupo really. I've been able to get some decent tracks out of Eifel kart but I think the max there is still a bit under 2 miles and it's fairly narrow too. And it doesn't have pits. :( Toscana is ok but it doesn't look like a race track and sometimes feels....I don't know...schizophrenic? I've gotten some good ones out of it though.

Back