What has happened to the Lobbies and Drivers ?

• Thread starter SYLVERIS
  • 11 comments

SYLVERIS

(Banned)
France
France
Hello Drivers,

I know the game is more than 2 years old now, but I'm usually racing in Gr3 Lobbies, and I'm surprised by the lack of lobbies and drivers.
It's crazy, I'm French, it's 5h00 AM in France when it's between 20h00 L.A and 23h00 NY for the US, and I can see only ~60 drivers in GR3 Lobbies all around the World ?
Do we really see all the existing lobbies in the World ? (I don't forget to made a search with all regions)
Where are all the lobbies and drivers ? Is there really only 60 people that are racing in GR3 Lobbies at this hour, all around the World ? Or we have a problem here in France with servers ?
I heard there were 5 millions of copies ?
Thanks
Bye !

Hello Drivers,

I know the game is more than 2 years old now, but I'm usually racing in Gr3 Lobbies, and I'm surprised by the lack of lobbies and drivers.
It's crazy, I'm French, it's 5h00 AM in France when it's between 20h00 L.A and 23h00 NY for the US, and I can see only ~60 drivers in GR3 Lobbies all around the World ?
Do we really see all the existing lobbies in the World ? (I don't forget to made a search with all regions)
Where are all the lobbies and drivers ? Is there really only 60 people that are racing in GR3 Lobbies at this hour, all around the World ? Or we have a problem here in France with servers ?
I heard there were 5 millions of copies ?
Thanks
Bye !
Many people who bought the game stopped playing it. Anyway, how did you see that only 60 people were playing?

Unless it's an organised event I've always found lobby races to be a bit weird. I primarily use lobbies for FIA practice, and while there's no shortage of lobbies doing these I find that 95% of the time a race will start with 10+ racers and finish with maybe 3 or 4. I did one last night where everyone quit by the halfway point apart from me. I get that the outcome is meaningless but you'd think more people would want to practice the race distance. :confused:

Anyway that's kinda off topic. Most people who play GTSport online are in Sport Mode. :)

I used to jump in to those lobbies a lot too. I have one theory as to why they're not around as much:

Gr.3 lobby is set to track vote.

Everyone inevitably picks Dragon Trail Seaside because it's popular, and close to the top of the list.

70% the field dies at the chicane of death and rage quits.

A lot of people create lobbies for friends only, so you won't see them as public. This is particularly common with leagues, to avoid random strangers entering the lobby.

Unfortunately GTSport has lost interest for the majority of casual players. GTSport wasn't released with those people in mind and never recovered from that mistake.
It was those players who filled the online lobbies in GT6 every night until the day the servers went off line.

As usual player there, and from your region, I'd say mostly from Friday to Sunday you'll find like over 60 rooms at evenings, but through the week it's a quite place. And also a lot of people moved to N class, because Gr.3 usually is a mess of Dragon Trail and divebombing. I thought that with Spa, things will change, but no.

Back