What have they done to DR and SR???

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
OK I've not had any issues with SR personally, I generally try to leave space, avoid collisions and nearlyvalways get "clean race".
After taking an eternity to get to DR B just before Christmas (I only race casually), I've noticed that the progress bar has barely gone up, then in the last week crept steadily down until yesterday I was demoted to DR C. I'm not the fastest, greatest racer, I generally qualify around 10 to 12th and predominantly make up a few places during the race. Other than a couple of minor 0.5s track limit penalties which are virtually unavoidable, I'd say I generally make progress (albeit in tiny steps) ☺️. I honestly cannot understand why my DR has gone down?

OK I've not had any issues with SR personally, I generally try to leave space, avoid collisions and nearlyvalways get "clean race".
After taking an eternity to get to DR B just before Christmas (I only race casually), I've noticed that the progress bar has barely gone up, then in the last week crept steadily down until yesterday I was demoted to DR C. I'm not the fastest, greatest racer, I generally qualify around 10 to 12th and predominantly make up a few places during the race. Other than a couple of minor 0.5s track limit penalties which are virtually unavoidable, I'd say I generally make progress (albeit in tiny steps) ☺️. I honestly cannot understand why my DR has gone down?
You're not finishing enough races in a high enough position to gain DR.

That's pretty much it. Nothing has been done to DR since GT Sport launched. And certainly not since a very similar thread back in May.

You gain it from everyone you finish ahead of (gaining more if they are higher rated than you) and lose it to everyone who beats you (losing more if they are lower rated than you). On average this means you need to finish in at least the top half in any given race to gain some DR and obviously the higher you are the more you will gain.

Last edited:
Ah OK, I thought as I was generally finishing higher than I qualified I would gradually be building DR, albeit very slowly 🤦.
I don't really feel like I'm doing anything different to what I did to build from C to B (it took about 12 m9nths!!).
But from what you've said, maybe my ability just sits on the B/C border? Like i said, I only play casually. That's OK then tbh, I pretty happy with that. I don't really have the time to put in to improve I don't think 🤷🏻‍♂️.
Thanks for taking the time to answer 👍☺️♥️

Ah OK, I thought as I was generally finishing higher than I qualified I would gradually be building DR, albeit very slowly 🤦.
I don't really feel like I'm doing anything different to what I did to build from C to B (it took about 12 m9nths!!).
But from what you've said, maybe my ability just sits on the B/C border? Like i said, I only play casually. That's OK then tbh, I pretty happy with that. I don't really have the time to put in to improve I don't think 🤷🏻‍♂️.
I’m in the same boat. Eventually made it up to low B, found myself towards the back of most daily races with some middle finishes. Dropped back to C, bounced back up to B. I guess that’s just my level. I don’t race enough to grind out points when I find a favourable event.

One thing you could do is look into the DR tracking on kudosprime - it shows exactly how much DR you are gaining/losing for each race, rather than trying to see if the progress bar has moved a tiny amount.

0B7247F8-1EFB-4230-BDDB-412277BB24C3.jpeg

I’m in the same boat. Eventually made it up to low B, found myself towards the back of most daily races with some middle finishes. Dropped back to C, bounced back up to B. I guess that’s just my level. I don’t race enough to grind out points when I find a favourable event.

One thing you could do is look into the DR tracking on kudosprime - it shows exactly how much DR you are gaining/losing for each race, rather than trying to see if the progress bar has moved a tiny amount.

One thing you could do is look into the DR tracking on kudosprimeT - it shows exactly how much DR you are gaining/losing for each race, rather than trying to see if the progress bar has moved a tiny amount.
Thanks for reply. What is kudosprime? Where do I find this? 🤔 👍

It seems like this is a common misconception, unless things have changed since GTS the only thing that matters for DR is the finishing position and how that relates to the ratings of other people in the race. Not gaining DR is actually a blessing in disguise, I've had my DR too high for my ability before and been put in races where I can run 'perfectly' and still finish last nowhere near any other cars.

It's hard to blame you for that misconception when the only feedback the games gives you is how many positions you gained through the race. They need to make it a bit clearer imo

I think the best thing to do is aim for Top 5 finishes. At least the game tracks that so it must mean something. In a lobby of 12-16 racers, a Top 5 should net positive DR change. I aim to keep my Top 5 stat within 50% of my races and I seem to steadily be going up.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the biggest issues with SR/S for me is it is far to easy earned.

Honestly I tried to do my best in every race to stay clean but I still make many mistakes like punting leaning bad breaking simple by misjudged various racing situations .

Last edited:
Back