What have you done to your car today?

Was it already cracked and leaking beforehand? That's crazy, especially if your lower snout was fine given the earlier photo.
It wasn't
Happened when I was removing the upper hose.
But the leak was from the top plastic tank/

The radiator was on deaths doorstep.
169,000km, so the original one lasted a long time.
The picture is of the bottom hose, the leak was just trickling down.

Last edited:
IMG-20220517-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20230122-WA0003.jpeg

Long story short: My wife needed to use my car last year, and on the LAST DAY she had it, a pothole jumped out of nowhere and took out the wheel and tyre.

And split the front subframe.

And broke the headlight bracket making the beam pattern incorrect.

All said and done after getting it fixed (a mix of garage and doing other things myself) a £2k problem.

I'm actually okay with it as if it had been any other car I think she would have gotten hurt, these Audis are tough. Car back to normal now, this is an old picture next to the departed Volvo which remains the only car of mine that I never had to take apart!
20230212_183142.jpg

Booked it in for repair as the throwout bearing failed.
Was lovely waking up to that this morning
Scaping sounds when disengaging the clutch and then when backing burning up the clutch.

Last edited:
Yesterday I finished adjusting my left fender and fender liner. Today I'll do some interior clean-up, as I take it for a rebuilt title inspection tomorrow. I replaced the left fender and headlamp myself after I sadly hit a deer a few months ago, and the body shop inexplicably doubled the estimate claiming the entire front end needed repainted, resulting in insurance totaling it. (The only missing pains was on the fender I replaced and found in a matching color).

I wasn't ready to throw out an otherwise fine car (a well-maintained 2012 Mazda with 120K miles) over a fender and headlight, even though I've never done body work like this before. I had to pause the repairs for several weeks when my dad became ill. It's been a learning experience, as I've not had any help. No other shops were interested once it was declared totaled.

The hood has a slight dent, so there's a bit of a gap. Transporting/shipping a hood isn't easy, but being able to again drive the car on public roads should open up more options.

Back