What have you done to your car today?

Perfect Balance

Lead
Premium
P_Balance
I've seen these types of thread on other forums, and thought I could bring it here.

Basically, what have you done to your car today? Pictures are a big plus if you have any.

Sadly, I have nothing to post right now, so if anyone can get the ball rolling, please do!

(please don't post something like "I filled it with gas")

Yelled at it, mostly. I got stuck in a parking spot. Backing a car out of a spot that's covered in two inches of ice really, really sucks. It's heavy enough to have traction, but also heavy enough to dig in the ice and get itself stuck in deep ruts it makes trying to get out. I hate Fargo. I can't figure out why I came here anymore. :irked: It handles fairly well while moving in snow, but it can't get out of an icy parking spot. There's an accumulation of about nine inches on the ground, and only the lanes of the student parking lots were plowed. So getting in and out of a spot is always far more trouble than it should be. It took NDDOT a week to clear the main roads.

:ouch:

It's sitting in my garage engine less, waiting for it's 3sgte to be shipped into the country.
Haven't even sat in it for 2 weeks.

I, refilled the washer fluid added oil, loosed both tires then re tightened them, applied exhaust sealer, still got a little worried at the tire from the motion of the wheel, then got confused by the clutch from being too light to too medium and revved it on the ice and snow getting it to 70 while only doing 20 lol

Scratched my head a bit after it cranks for longer than usual on startup... I don't want to hurt it!

Tomorrow: Take off the front bumper and fix the grille, re-align the headlights as well (had a small accident last week, less than $60 in damage if I have to replace the grille).

I got it stuck in the snow. Which was awesome, because at the very least it made it farther than any of my friends from school did.

Today I drove around in my dad's silver 2004 Suzuki XL-7 with my friends listening to my old linkin park hybrid theory cd which was lost for the longet time. Then we went to quickcheck and got slushys and then went to my friends house to play my copy of call of duty 4. Not much done today besides being driven.

Yelled at it, mostly. I got stuck in a parking spot. Backing a car out of a spot that's covered in two inches of ice really, really sucks. It's heavy enough to have traction, but also heavy enough to dig in the ice and get itself stuck in deep ruts it makes trying to get out. I hate Fargo. I can't figure out why I came here anymore. :irked: It handles fairly well while moving in snow, but it can't get out of an icy parking spot. There's an accumulation of about nine inches on the ground, and only the lanes of the student parking lots were plowed. So getting in and out of a spot is always far more trouble than it should be. It took NDDOT a week to clear the main roads.
:ouch:

Don't you just love it? You'll notice there are NO plows on the roads during or about ten hours after snow fall, but once the roads clear themselves you can't turn a corner without seeing a plow truck.

Anyhow, today I retorqued the wheels on my car because I had just put my snow tires about 400 miles ago and I really didn't have anything better to do. I've got these on my car and they are amazing. It makes winter driving so much better especially with AWD. I think they would definately help on other vehicles as well. Best thing is that I can two for the price of one Blizzak tire. Highly reccomended. 👍

Don't you just love it? You'll notice there are NO plows on the roads during or about ten hours after snow fall, but once the roads clear themselves you can't turn a corner without seeing a plow truck.

Anyhow, today I retorqued the wheels on my car because I had just put my snow tires about 400 miles ago and I really didn't have anything better to do. I've got these on my car and they are amazing. It makes winter driving so much better especially with AWD. I think they would definately help on other vehicles as well. Best thing is that I can two for the price of one Blizzak tire. Highly reccomended. 👍

Oh, I couldn't love it any more! (LIE)

The roads were full of snow DAYS after the snow stopped falling. They still are. Left and right turn lanes are icesheets, even today. My car, with its all season (summer?) tires does not approve of Fargo roads. North Dakotans can behave civilly in an automobile while snow is falling. But somehow, they can't during the rest of the year. I'm unable to figure out why I came to NDSU. It had something to do with their architecture school, but now I'm not an architecture major. Reason number one for coming to Fargo is out the window. And now I'm stuck here for the rest of the year or longer. :irked:

Ooh. thanks for the link! Are yours studded, or is that even legal here?

Snow is certainly not pleasant in Michigan either, the problem more frequently are the drifts due to the wind and whatnot, followed by the black ice, and then just the cold weather itself. Lake Michigan certainly is not kind in the winter months. Its hell on my Volkswagen, and its part of the reason why I'm considering switching it out sometime soon-ish (maybe).

- Fixed a blown headlight for the 3rd time in a month and a half. The ride in my car is set up so stiff it keeps shaking the bulbs to death.

- Looked around for a decent wrap for my CAI. Now that there is snow on the ground I'm scared of hydro-lock. My CAI is only about 3" from the ground.

- Got around to finally installing the loner amp that my stereo shop gave me to use until my amp was repaired.

Ooh. thanks for the link! Are yours studded, or is that even legal here?
Mine aren't studded and I don't think they'd make much of a difference for my vehicle. Studs can be on tires here from October 15th to April 15th, and yes we sometimes do have snow in April. I can't describe how much I love these tires. Definately worth the $600 I spent for the tires and steelies. 👍👍

As for not liking Fargo, I can't blame you. It's no fun to be spending ridiculous amounts of dollars to be in something that you don't need/want to do. I feel the same way, but with semester break coming this week, I see myself as being a quarter of the way done with school so I keep pressing on.

Drive careful. 👍

I added some wiper fluid. And on saturday, I had to change a tire in like 20 degree weather 👍 The guy fixing my tire told me that its going to take him 5 hours, he didnt look too busy though.👎

I got stuck in a...gutter. I was trying to get into a parking spot, and ended up spinning the passenger-side tire to 45 or so MPH trying to get it up the slippery slope and into the spot!

Ice storms are dumb.

Mines sitting on a 4 post lift in my uncles garage untill Saturday when my mot needs to be done. Then i'm getting an alignment done with the crash bolts that I bought fitted and i'm gonna fit my nardi steering wheel.

Shouted at it for speaking all the time over the front driver side wheel. It's very annoying on longer journeys.

And then I shouted at it for not being as full of petrol as it was last week.

And then I shouted at it for me needing to replace the air freshener.

Camaro:
  • Added a tiny bit of oil
  • Used some alcohol cleaner and cleaned out the PCV valve and throttle body
  • Bought 2 new rear tires after making the previous ones slicks :D
  • Tried to diagnose an odd noise coming from the engine bay--which turned out to be a vaccuum line not on completely

Put an air freshener in it and drove it hard :) I rarely ever see over 5k rpms on this car, but had a lead foot today and had some fun.

It's not hard, it's impossible!

Not so, my detail shop that I ran at the carwash repeatedly removed the smell from cars. There was only ONE car that we couldn't fix--and it was CIGAR smoke--which is nasty anyway. He used his carpets as his ashtray.

Drove my car hard out of a petrol station to make some green light (which I did), by going 25 over the limit or something (after which I backed down). I was impressed at the way the car went from ~50kph to ~85kph in a matter of a second or something, it felt really quick anyway. As soon as I made the light, I had to back down cause I realized I was going too fast. :scared:

moved it after a few days sitting, scraped ice off it and tried to get rid of all the condensation inside without dripping everywhere, failed :P discovered a dodgy rear screen heater wire which bubbled and made more steam lol...drove to work and back listening out for "that noise" :odd: will have to top up tomorrow, not looking forward to £1+ fuel prices! the things got a 6 hour day on friday :P

Replaced front brake rotors, pads, and wear sensors. Sadly the service brakes light is still on, so I'm assuming I'll be doing the rears in the near future.

Back