What in the bloody....

• Thread starter MarionJ13
  • 24 comments
Canada
Toronto
MarionJ
H E double hockey sticks is wrong with Ascari? More specifically the super level 10 lap challenge. First off my tires are burning going through some corners at 30-40 kmph while being passed on the outside by the AI. Both on sports hards and softs. No heavy braking, no throttle. I know it's not the tune because it's one of praianos. Both front tires followed by rear at apex. I know the camber is very severe on some coners but I swear the pavement is messed up or something. Even when following AI through the corner and purposly going 5-10 kmph slower than them it happens. SRF ASM TC on still happens. Secondly Every car I use has to pit minimum 3 times that race for fuel while the AI only pits once. Don't say conserve fuel either because even with 2 stops I wouldn't be able to catch first. I'll ignore the AI ramming me into shorcut penalties because that's just typical GT6 AI. Thirdly watching the AI go around the track they make the weirdest, most unatural and frankly impossible movements. I really wish I had some way to record because I swear I've seen them go sideways while inbetween corners without any smoke etc. It's hard to explain but imagine going perfectly straight then suddenly hopping 6 feet to the side without turing the wheel. Fouthly and most infuriating, I finally make it to the end of a race in a meger 8th cross the line on the 10th lap and suddenly I'm 16th! Forcing me to drive another full lap. WTH???? /rant. Cars used are Viper GTS Launch Edition '13 and Ford Shelby GT500 '13.

Edit: Also because I don't know the track at all I've had the driving line on and this is one of the worse examples. It is so far off in both line and braking zones it's absurd! And for those who say it's just the "safe" line the AI follows, the AI comes no where near following it. If PD can put the little black rubber marks on the road then they know where the real driving line is. So why not put it in properly? Only way some people can learn if is someone shows them what a proper line is. I managed to figure out most tacks on my own but some corners I had to be shown. Even with some pretty good understanding of lines I just never thought of it. So if you're going to bother to implement a tool to help people understand racing lines why the heck would you make it incorrect? /rant for realsies this time.

Last edited:
You race on brands hatch yet? I hate that track.

Doesn't bother me as much as Ascari. The cambered turns on Brands Hatch are much more predictable to me. Proper racing lines included. The first turn however is quite the challenge however doable. Ascari really has me frustrated. I just can't seems to find a good flow. I finally get one corner down only to realize my line screws me for the next. Seems like sometimes you have to be thinking 3 or 4 turns ahead which I wouldn't mind so much if the driving line was even close to correct. For example one turn in particular, a sweeping left that gets tighter at the end is really frustrating. It's cambered in so you can go a little faster but right where it gets tighter it flattens out throwing you off track. Braking before the flat puts the car sideways. The few times I made it through clean and seemingly fast I have too much exit speed to brake for the immediate off camber turn following. It seems like the proper line would be enter wide, brake like hell, hit the late apex and stay inside so you can go wide tight wide for the next corner. But like I said braking while on the banking slides the car, ruining the tires, and kills your braking power. Only way I can even make it through the corner without ruining my tires is entering super slow, turning super slow, exiting super slow and not accelerating until after the apex of the next corner. That however puts the AI yet another 1/4 second ahead of me. Like I said before the AI make fast and aggressive corners without even a squeak of their tires. I'm going to try and try again until I get it but if anyone have any suggestions of specific cars with larger fuel tanks I would appreciate it very much. I don't get how they can go 5 laps without refueling but I get about 4/5ths of my 4th laps done and run out of gas all while struggling to make up time.

Brands Hatch is awesome! Thats all there is to say!

As for Ascari, have you tried watching YouTube video's of real life cars going round to get a better idea of the correct lines to follow?

No I have not. Doing that right now. Oh and I forgot one more thing that was just the icing on the cake. Went in for my first pit stop ever.....ohhh all is going well.....Ok time to pull out.....but wait! The computer had to reverse yes REVERSE my car to turn out of my pit at the end of pit lane. RE.....FRIGGIN....VERSE!!!!!!

Ascari's supercar event? Try the Caterham, GSX-R/4, or Rocket. No pitting required, just patience. More than doable bone stock.

Really? I will have to try that. I love the Rocket and Caterham. Can't get over the looks of the GSX-R/4 though. Yeck. Just to clarify I mean the S level event. 650pp max if I remember correctly.

Really? I will have to try that. I love the Rocket and Caterham. Can't get over the looks of the GSX-R/4 though. Yeck. Just to clarify I mean the S level event. 650pp max if I remember correctly.

Yeah, try it again. It's good fun with those cars. Good luck! 👍

ninjaedit: Those cars also do equally as well at the Willow Springs 20-Mile Challenge, without needing to pit.

Last edited:
Brands Hatch is awesome, I really love that track! However I have to agree on Ascari. I've tried to love it. I wanted to love it.. but I just can't. I don't know what it is but I just can't bring myself to enjoy driving there.. :(

ninjaedit: Those cars also do equally as well at the Willow Springs 20-Mile Challenge, without needing to pit.

The only one I have yet to complete is Silverstone. Just simply haven't attempted it yet. Thanks for the help!

Brands Hatch is awesome, I really love that track! However I have to agree on Ascari. I've tried to love it. I wanted to love it.. but I just can't. I don't know what it is but I just can't bring myself to enjoy driving there.. :(

Same here. Track just feels slow and has a lack of character. Just hairpin after hairpin. No big straight, No fast corners, just 90 after 90. I like slow corners, don't get me wrong but there has to be a mix. What really gets me going is doing 160 km/h plus through a 70 degree kink. Tap the curbs and you're done. Any slower you're getting passed on exit. Awesome.

The only one I have yet to complete is Silverstone. Just simply haven't attempted it yet. Thanks for the help!

No problem! I forgot to mention the X-Bows. Either model can do the event without a pit, but they're a little bit harder on the rear tires, especially the R.

I´ll try the Ascari again tomorrow with the VGT Mercedes, if i fail, i´ll try with the FXX, my One-77, Huayra and F1 were terrible at it, allways ended up spining out and crashing on early laps.

Doesn't bother me as much as Ascari. The cambered turns on Brands Hatch are much more predictable to me. Proper racing lines included. The first turn however is quite the challenge however doable. Ascari really has me frustrated. I just can't seems to find a good flow. I finally get one corner down only to realize my line screws me for the next. Seems like sometimes you have to be thinking 3 or 4 turns ahead which I wouldn't mind so much if the driving line was even close to correct. For example one turn in particular, a sweeping left that gets tighter at the end is really frustrating. It's cambered in so you can go a little faster but right where it gets tighter it flattens out throwing you off track. Braking before the flat puts the car sideways. The few times I made it through clean and seemingly fast I have too much exit speed to brake for the immediate off camber turn following. It seems like the proper line would be enter wide, brake like hell, hit the late apex and stay inside so you can go wide tight wide for the next corner. But like I said braking while on the banking slides the car, ruining the tires, and kills your braking power. Only way I can even make it through the corner without ruining my tires is entering super slow, turning super slow, exiting super slow and not accelerating until after the apex of the next corner. That however puts the AI yet another 1/4 second ahead of me. Like I said before the AI make fast and aggressive corners without even a squeak of their tires. I'm going to try and try again until I get it but if anyone have any suggestions of specific cars with larger fuel tanks I would appreciate it very much. I don't get how they can go 5 laps without refueling but I get about 4/5ths of my 4th laps done and run out of gas all while struggling to make up time.
I believe I did Ascari with a Shelby GT500, with pit stops after 4 and 8 laps. That turn you were ranting on about....I've found the average car can start down by the inner curbing, accelerate gently to the outside/outer apex of the crest, but just before the crest downshift, start just dragging the brake and then begin blind-turning right and it takes a bit of practice to "feel" when you're going to get it right. Most cars will hit this spot in third gear, with a short time spent in fourth before the outer apex. If, however, you choose a beast like the Viper and have your tranny tuned to go well over 200, you may be stuck in third for that part, making it difficult to begin braking without the rear end trying to walk out on you. The thing to know is when done wrong (ie: coming at the sharp lefthander from a flat angle), it's a second gear turn of about 45 to 50 mph at BEST. If you don't get caught listening to your own acceleration and do remember to keep control of the breaking/shifting/turning procedure, though, this turn can easily be accomplished at speeds exceeding 80mph while nipping the inside curbing. Good luck!

I hate Willow Springs and Ascari but love the challenge they bring for me...

You race on brands hatch yet? I hate that track.
I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Love Brands Hatch! I grew up watching BTCC cars blast around it. My Dad took me to most of the tracks they drove at but I always loved Brands Hatch the most.

I hate Ascari personally. I'm going to use the advice here to learn to love it though.

Last edited:
But Brands Hatch and Ascari are fun :(

You must hate the entire Nurburgring Complex too.

But Brands Hatch and Ascari are fun :(

You must hate the entire Nurburgring Complex too.

I love the ring! In all honesty I think I was just getting frustrated with this and the silly super licence test with the Veyron. I don't mind cambered turns but a bunch of things just added up to make this event a nightmare at first. That being said I don't think I'm ever going to really give this track the time to learn it properly. Too many others I have yet to master and it just doesn't appeal to me.

I hate Willow Springs and Ascari but love the challenge they bring for me...

Same here. At first willow springs was another nightmare for me but in time it has gotten much better. Still a few corners to learn but I'll get there. There is however a severe lack of "clutter" around the track making it hard to nail your exact braking points. This I see as more of a challenge than a flaw though.

use the rocket. for like, every s class event. except le mans. use a deltawing, but look up a tune for it. although, i did beat 24 LM with a deltawing without a tune. after like, 5 tries, haha.

I have a problem at the Silverstone race, the F1 GTR Racecar drives the whole 10 rounds without even 1 Pit?!!?!? While I have to go twice because the fuel runs out. What the ****?
If I go on RH tires they might would endure the whole race but my fuel forces me to pit twice while he is not even pitting once?

There is something seriously wrong...............

I have a problem at the Silverstone race, the F1 GTR Racecar drives the whole 10 rounds without even 1 Pit?!!?!? While I have to go twice because the fuel runs out. What the ****?
If I go on RH tires they might would endure the whole race but my fuel forces me to pit twice while he is not even pitting once?

There is something seriously wrong...............
I had this problem. The BMW McLaren F1 right? I was in my F1 Base Model on RH tyres. I had to pit on lap 6 for fuel whilst he carried on. Last 4 laps on RH again (tyre wear is still silly after pitting) and two thirds of a tank of fuel and I barely caught him on the last set of corners for the win. Thanks rubber banding :dopey:. Silly rabbit.

Now if I see that car at the top of the list I just reload the race. No problem with the McLaren-McLaren, just the BMW version.

Back