What is Pd's massive obsession with cheating one way rubberband ai and catch the rabbit events?

• Thread starter mercgoat
  • 95 comments
So the races are as contrived as the
'roulette" tickets?
It's the same with the rally nonsense (grind track). They'll harass you until you get get in 1:18 laps and better. Then fall behind. Anything over that and they'll buzz around you and keep hitting you.

There is a 'harassment range', go above 1:25 and they'll get out ahead, below 1:18 and they fall back, in between they will do everything to eff you up.

So you're just making things up to suit your narrative, got it. If you're going to tell me what someone thinks, provide the evidence.
The evidence is in how silly these races are. They could do better than that if they WANTED. But they never will, because they know most of the billion hours spent on GT have been spent by people who have not the slightest interest in racing vs The Computer.
This is not NFS or Dirt.

The evidence is in how silly these races are. They could do better than that if they WANTED. But they never will, because they know most of the billion hours spent on GT have been spent by people who have not the slightest interest in racing vs The Computer.
This is not NFS or Dirt.
No, that's an assumption.

Also, I take it you've seen Sophy AI? Whilst that's not likely to be implemented as AI opponents for GT7 it may do so in future games, so who are they making that for, where the fastest settings would even be a challenge for the top 1%? "newcomers/occasional players/kids"? No.

No, that's an assumption.

Also, I take it you've seen Sophy AI? Whilst that's not likely to be implemented as AI opponents for GT7 it may do so in future games, so who are they making that for, where the fastest settings would even be a challenge for the top 1%? "newcomers/occasional players/kids"? No.
This is a good question. Personally I believe it's just one of those things that generates hype. GT has notoriously dull AI so here's Kaz/Sony to show off SOPHY leading upto the relase of GT7, to show you that we're working on AI (or something?) yet it's not available to race against in the game. Unlikely to see it in GT7. I liken it to GT6 showing off that it has a mission on the moon in a rover, wow so cool, so next-level, but you played it once for completionist' sake and then it became irrelevant instantly, added nothing to the core game.

Last edited:
Back