What Is The Best Pre '80s Car?

• Thread starter ddcamb
  • 21 comments
England
England
ddcamb
On Saturday, I'm entering a Classic 5 Hours of Spa race, I was wondering if you have any ideas for cars to buy. Any? You can can only tune a car that comes with it standard.

Last edited:
On Saturday, I'm entering a Classic 5 Hours of Spa race, I was wondering if you have any ideas for cars to buy. Any?

Any ideas on PP level, bhp or kg limits? Is tuning allowed? What sort of tyres are allowed? Do you prefer the handling of FR or MR cars.

I'm more familiar with the pre 70's cars in the game than the pre 80's, but I'll have a look at the list when I fire up the game later this morning.

From memory the Chevrolet Camaro Z28 1969 can be tuned to be very fast.

Any ideas on PP level, bhp or kg limits? Is tuning allowed? What sort of tyres are allowed? Do you prefer the handling of FR or MR cars.

I'm more familiar with the pre 70's cars in the game than the pre 80's, but I'll have a look at the list when I fire up the game later this morning.

From memory the Chevrolet Camaro Z28 1969 can be tuned to be very fast.
Well no tuning, but if you car came with a suspension you can adjust you can change that. And no PP, BHP, KG limits. But I am a MR person.

Lamborghini Countach LP400 '77 & Ferrari 512BB '76 are around 500pp and good to drive.

That's good. I have a 512BB lying around in my garage. I'll give it a run and see what it's like.

It might be worth mixing the tyres - I don't know what tyres you are racing on, but try one grade less grippy on the front than the back if you are having trouble controlling a MR car.

The Lamborghini Miura would be my first choice for a classic road car race but if you can't afford 14M credits I'd recommend trying the Ferrari 365 GTB4 ’71. It's faster than the 512BB in stock form and a lot easier to drive.

Mmm, not too fast but I'm thinking Stratos? It's unique, but maybe not the power you need for Spa...meh that's my two cents. :D

It's very oversteery.... I spin on every corner even when I am gentle on the throttle.
It's one of the calmest Pre '80's cars I can think of, most are very twitchy. If you're including race cars, the Toyota 7 is the fastest by miles, followed up by the 2J.

According to my Suzuka time trials, the best pre-80s STOCK ROAD cars are the

2:15.102 - 510 PP - Lamborghini Countach LP400
2:15.690 - 496 PP - Ferrari 365 GTB4
2:16.078 - 536 PP - Shelby Cobra 427

The Shelby is really the best, if you can handle it. On SH tires it's pretty tough.

According to my Suzuka time trials, the best pre-80s STOCK ROAD cars are the

2:15.102 - 510 PP - Lamborghini Countach LP400
2:15.690 - 496 PP - Ferrari 365 GTB4
2:16.078 - 536 PP - Shelby Cobra 427

The Shelby is really the best, if you can handle it. On SH tires it's pretty tough.

No Miura? I was a bit surprised to see the Countach at the top so did my own quick comparison, 5 laps each at Suzuka. Now I'm no star at Suzuka, or anywhere else for that matter, so my times were a couple of seconds slower than yours but I was nearly a second faster in the Miura compared to the Countach.

No Miura? I was a bit surprised to see the Countach at the top so did my own quick comparison, 5 laps each at Suzuka. Now I'm no star at Suzuka, or anywhere else for that matter, so my times were a couple of seconds slower than yours but I was nearly a second faster in the Miura compared to the Countach.

I forgot to mention I don't own any car that costs over 2 million, so the Miura looks like it is the best.

Well no tuning, but if you car came with a suspension you can adjust you can change that.
How is this regulated? Cars that come with adjustable parts can't be adjusted in tuning-prohibited lobbies and in tuning-allowed lobbies there's no way to restrict the installation of adjustable parts.

Back