What is the strangest PREMIUM car in your garage?

  • Thread starter Thread starter krautfed
  • 37 comments
  • 2,716 views
Messages
31
Messages
KrautFed
We all know we have a b*tch about a car that is STANDARD and we want PREMIUM. What about the other away around... what is your strangest car in your garage that received PREMIUM treatment over some of the others that were left to be destined STANDARD?

Mine: '91 Mazda Miata (OK OK Eunos Roadster J-Limited)

Don't get me wrong, Miata's are great handling vehicles... but I don't understand how it got PREMIUM treatment over some of the other's, especially considering it's age.
 
All the SGT500 Honda's.

Cause their not the far superior HSV's D:
 
Just bought that shwimmwagen(?) today for that seasonal event. Its a bit of a laugh, but I'd easily give it up for some of the standard cars to go premium, ae86 or 190E come to mind.
 
We all know we have a b*tch about a car that is STANDARD and we want PREMIUM. What about the other away around... what is your strangest car in your garage that received PREMIUM treatment over some of the others that were left to be destined STANDARD?

Mine: '91 Mazda Miata (OK OK Eunos Roadster J-Limited)

Don't get me wrong, Miata's are great handling vehicles... but I don't understand how it got PREMIUM treatment over some of the other's, especially considering it's age.

Wait, a '91 Mazda is old? How old are you, kid? The Miata is one of the best driver's cars of this or any era and has as much business as anything else being premium. My question...why the Prius? Why the Samba?
 
Mine: '91 Mazda Miata (OK OK Eunos Roadster J-Limited)

Don't get me wrong, Miata's are great handling vehicles... but I don't understand how it got PREMIUM treatment over some of the other's, especially considering it's age.

Yes, making one of the world's most popular cars to modify and club race a premium makes no sense whatsoever...

The Mitsubishi MIEV makes no sense to me. Especially with the eardrum piercing shriek that they gave it for an "engine" note.
 
Autozam A-Z 1
Nissan March
Suzuki swift
 
The majority of the crappy Japanese hot hatches and saloons. I mean seriously? Enough with the mx-5's, civic's, skylines and evo's. There are plenty of good standard cars which should be premium. The worst premium car for me though is the Miev.
 
Bright pink schwimwagen.
 
E38
The Mitsubishi MIEV makes no sense to me. Especially with the eardrum piercing shriek that they gave it for an "engine" note.

The Mitsu iTinnitus is awful but at least I have a cool pink colour to paint my FC's rims! :dopey:
 
We all know we have a b*tch about a car that is STANDARD and we want PREMIUM. What about the other away around... what is your strangest car in your garage that received PREMIUM treatment over some of the others that were left to be destined STANDARD?

Mine: '91 Mazda Miata (OK OK Eunos Roadster J-Limited)

Don't get me wrong, Miata's are great handling vehicles... but I don't understand how it got PREMIUM treatment over some of the other's, especially considering it's age.

They're great amateur racing cars, or everyday sports cars. Tight handling (which you've noted). Mazda took a huge risk when introducing their first roadster to the market in the '80s, and it's turned out to be a hallmark sports car. You've obviously never driven one!

My strangest? Definitely the Mitsubishi i-MiEV. It's electric. It's rear-drive in this day and age of mostly front-drive subcompacts. It has no transmission! It is actually exciting to drive in a lot of ways, especially on a small track.
 
this guy has it right. Add the suzuki cappucino and that stupid mitsu imiev.

You mean this little beast?
mitsu4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Who wouldn't love something so stylish and packed with power :dopey:
Truthfully, I had a lot more fun racing this in the seasonals than I did with that blanking Prius.
 
Shwimmwagen

What else could it be?
 
The High End Performance G37. Why? Because when I look at the back while in the cockpit view, there's a fat PS3 on the bottom of a medium TV Screen :O
 
I'm stuck with the WWII VW that is needed to do the first seasonal event race. I painted it a ridiculous pink and waiting to trade it to someone on my friends list as a joke.
 
KubelWagen and Leno's tank car. Not sure if Lenos is a P nor not, just got it and haven't looked
 
The tank car isn't, fortunately.

Whilst I enjoy the Schwimmwagen, Kubelwagon and Sambabus (all of mine got round the Nurburgring in under 9 minutes), they shouldn't be premium over some of the other cars. The same goes for any electric car.
 
The High End Performance G37. Why? Because when I look at the back while in the cockpit view, there's a fat PS3 on the bottom of a medium TV Screen :O

And the cluster is nearly impossible to read, even in the closest view.
 
Back