What is the worst voice acting you have heard in a video game?

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Sonygamer455, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Sonygamer455

Sonygamer455

I made a post about this in the video game pet peeves thread a while back and then I realized, we don’t have a thread on this already and I thought this would make for a great topic!

So to start off, I’m sure we’ve all heard some less than impressive voices in video games over the years at least once. Whether it be ones that don’t sound like the characters they’re trying to be and/or ones that are just plain terrible, this is the place to talk about them! It doesn't matter if it is certain voices in a game or the whole game in its entirety, by all means, post them! Tell me why, I’m genuinely curious to hear every ones responses!

2. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

Off the top of my head, and because it's the most recent example, the new Fire Emblem Three Houses is not very good at all. Painful almost. Important to note that I don't actually play the game. And not all the characters are bad, only a select few are alright. Most are bad o just terrible.

I'd also say just about any translated to English game too. Majority of American voice actors are awful.

3. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

The Crew 2 gets a vote from me. I don't mind it when games have cheesy scripts, but at least make the characters sound authentic. When there are so many monotonous voices and a lack of dialogue between characters, it is hard to be immersed in the story. But since it is not a story-heavy game, it is far from a deal-breaker.

Tyler from Need For Speed Payback also has the same issue, but at least the other characters in the game do a good enough job.

bluemoon_19 likes this.
  4. BKGlover

BKGlover

This was one of my key complaints on this game.

[​IMG]

It's all bad. The scripting, the delivery, the "characters". I hate it all.

5. Drex124

Drex124

The voice crack.
    Either this was genuinely the best take they got or some voice directer decided this was exactly what they wanted, and I'm not sure which is worse.

6. MrCrynox

MrCrynox

How about the cheesy announcer in 'Gravel', he was pretty bad, bad in a funny way.

bluemoon_19 and FT-1 like this.
  7. T0MMY3688

T0MMY3688

The Crew Calling All Units expansion voice acting is awful, the lady cop voice acting is unbearable.

8. Wolfe

Wolfe Premium

:)

MrCrynox and HarVee like this.
  9. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

I'm going old school for this one. The arcade version of "Strider"- one of the most challenging and most exciting platformers ever, but ATROCIOUS voice acting! One only needs to hear some of the cutscenes during the game to understand just how brutal the voice acting is.

10. HarVee

HarVee

@4:29 ... "my god" is right.

11. BoneSawTX

BoneSawTX

The last Ace Combat was pretty bad

12. GTV0819

GTV0819

Sonic the Hedgehog for Xbox 360.

It involves the famous titular hedgehog character being involved in a romance with a human princess at the end of the game.

13. kikie

kikie Premium

14. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

Ps1 era Resident Evils

EleSigma likes this.
  15. MOPARbarrett5

MOPARbarrett5

I played NBA2K15 and remember much more bad voice acting than just this

Sonygamer455 and Quattro20v like this.
  16. GTV0819

GTV0819

For all versions? I have the game for PS3 although I barely play it and I haven't even tried MyCareer at all, not even once.

17. MOPARbarrett5

MOPARbarrett5

I played it on PS4 so I assume that the cutscenes are for the newer consoles and PC.

18. GTV0819

GTV0819

You've guessed it, although there were also some cutscenes for the older gen consoles which I saw when my cousin tried MyCareer when he played the game in my PS3.

19. Mr Fahrenheit

Mr Fahrenheit

I feel obliged to share the Dynasty Warrior 3's voice acting.

20. PletdeKoe

PletdeKoe

Overblood on the Ps1. That was actually a nice game but man was the voice acting bad.

21. Sonygamer455

Sonygamer455

Mr. Krabs from Spongebob Squarepants Supersponge.
    The voice acting in this game is pretty good for the most part and they even got most of the original voice actors from the TV show in this game, but Mr. Krabs however, is a huge exception. While he was voiced by Clancy Brown on the TV show, he for whatever reason was voiced by someone else in this game and he’s not very convincing. He doesn’t really sound much like Mr. Krabs, if anything he sounds more like a scratchy, low quality version of the singing pirate from the shows theme song and doesn't have that deep voice Mr. Krabs has in the show. I’ll give him credit though, he at least talks like a sailor, which is something Mr. Krabs does, but thats about the only thing positive thing I could say here. It’s a shame how they got all the original voice actors except Clancy Brown, they certainly could’ve used him in this game because this one just doesn’t sound good.

In fact, I took the time to extract dialogue from the game and make this video so hopefully maybe you can see what I mean here.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  22. Jawehawk

Jawehawk Premium

The Japanese voice acting is perfectly fine, even great in a few places. American one is mostly garbage helped along by a script that often doesn't work in English.

23. Sonygamer455

Sonygamer455

If I had to describe most of these voices in one word, it would be “unenthusiastic”. Like, the voice actors sound like they didn’t even want to be in the studio when they were recording their lines.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    MOPARbarrett5 likes this.