wHAT IS up with the AI difficult...

• Thread starter mrclep
  • 16 comments

mrclep

(Banned)
Denmark
Denmark
qube12
I know that the first game was super hard, yet I manged to beat it ... But at the time I understood how it worked with the AI difficult settings... BUT WTF, how does it work in the Crew 2.... I¨m during a Streetrace, and I have like 255 points or what they call them.. The recommendation points is 160, yet I can not keep up with the car in front... What i'm I during wrong - this is like for me Midnight Club L.A AI HARD!

I do know too, that you just need to get 3rd in most races, but I want to win!

Rubberbanding.
It's the worst ever.

But if you're doing 255 and not winning on Normal, then you need a better street race car.

As once again as the game goes on you start realizing that there are certain cars that just preform better than the rest. (Even though Ubisoft said this was not the case)

After two weeks I find the races easy even on hard. But I did strugle a lot at the begining with some races. One thing I notice. If you leave the A.I. 40 or more seconds behind they will slow down a lot. I parked my car at the end in the NY to LA Hypercar event and waited several minutes for the A.I. to show up on the minimap.

Best feeling about a racing game: Crashing at the beginning, raging, going to toilett, washing hands, coming back, start driving before 40% you catch up the 1st, by 85% u lead by 15s, at 90 you lead by 2s (without making any mistake) fighting the last 2-3% with 2 cars for the win.

This rubberbanding AI is the worst i have ever seen in any racing (open world) game yet... looks like to wait till Forza Horizon 4 kills that game...

Best feeling about a racing game: Crashing at the beginning, raging, going to toilett, washing hands, coming back, start driving before 40% you catch up the 1st, by 85% u lead by 15s, at 90 you lead by 2s (without making any mistake) fighting the last 2-3% with 2 cars for the win.

This rubberbanding AI is the worst i have ever seen in any racing (open world) game yet... looks like to wait till Forza Horizon 4 kills that game...
I fail to understand why you think forza horizon 4 is going to kill the crew 2.

So far this title has been a best seller, even more so than the crew 1 which although abysmal had a pretty high player count even while horizon 3 was out and fresh, even before resurgence of The successful The crew Wild Run expansion which saved the franchise.

the crew 2 is more of a PS4 racer, hence the high number of sales for the playstation 4 copy of the game. Horizon 4 will be great and it will be very popular but it will not kill the crew 2, they will coexist together, just like horizon 3 and the crew wild run, however it will definitely kill the crew 2 hype on XBOX but not the PS4.

Every new game has hype, it’ll just disappear in a week or a month depending if it’s going to be good. The Crew 2 is far from perfect to me, FH4 will probably be the same exact spill just like any other game. They cut body kits from older Forza’s and don’t reuse them, they have enough money to, but they just don’t. I understand the licensing, but it’s not much of a excuse. Heck I’d say the current way how The Crew has more customization.

From the way how I see it, in a UB game 2 in titles is a improvement over usually the first.

That’s my opinion though.

I fail to understand why you think forza horizon 4 is going to kill the crew 2.

So far this title has been a best seller, even more so than the crew 1 which although abysmal had a pretty high player count even while horizon 3 was out and fresh, even before resurgence of The successful The crew Wild Run expansion which saved the franchise.

the crew 2 is more of a PS4 racer, hence the high number of sales for the playstation 4 copy of the game. Horizon 4 will be great and it will be very popular but it will not kill the crew 2, they will coexist together, just like horizon 3 and the crew wild run, however it will definitely kill the crew 2 hype on XBOX but not the PS4.
Regardless, games will exist together even if one is horrible and one is great. There is an apparent lack of quality in this game, and it really brings the game down. The fun is there, but I’m not sure it’s any better than NFS Payback even. I think the sacrifices made to support such a huge map are too high in my opinion, and it takes away from the experience for me.

I feel this game is closer to the sequel FH1 deserved than FH2/FH3, and the #1 reason is the map, which is obviously TC2's greatest asset. Not just its scale but its variety, the qualities of its roads, and how it's put together. I thought FH1's Colorado was acceptable for an XB360 game and a somewhat experimental first effort; I didn't expect it to set the paradigm for the whole series.

I can get over a game's rough edges, but I can't get over a lack of roads worth driving in a driving game. When I played FH2, its uninspired map offered little in the way of an experience for the XB360 port's glaring lack of polish to even sabotage in the first place.

Aside from the map, TC2's other big draw is its aircraft -- I would have bought this game even if it was only about planes and air racing and aerobatics, because I've been waiting a long time for something like that slice of what TC2 offers (I hope air racing is expanded upon in the future along with all the disciplines). So if I had an XBone instead of a PS4, I still wouldn't be shelving this game for FH4 even if FH4 was perfect in every way.

I can get over a game's rough edges, but I can't get over a lack of roads worth driving in a driving game. When I played FH2, its uninspired map offered little in the way of an experience for the XB360 port's glaring lack of polish to even sabotage in the first place.

Aside from the map, TC2's other big draw is its aircraft -- I would have bought this game even if it was only about planes and air racing and aerobatics, because I've been waiting a long time for something like that slice of what TC2 offers (I hope air racing is expanded upon in the future along with all the disciplines). So if I had an XBone instead of a PS4, I still wouldn't be shelving this game for FH4 even if FH4 was perfect in every way.
I definitely agree with you, and have on many occasions in the past regarding good driving roads. However, the physics model is uninspiring to me, making me not want to even wander around in a road going vehicle. Driving on the road just felt bland, and not too intuitive, and the drifting makes little to no sense if all I have to do is bang off second gear with little to no variation. The Offroad racing was fun, which was surprising, given the lack of fun I had with the tarmac driving.

With the driving not feeling so inspiring to me, the other big draw for me after that fact, and for most racing games, is photomode. While it looks nice in game, and as long as you're looking at an image that is not using a modern day resolution, it looks fine. The issue being is that if you want to see the image in it's original state, they're absolutely horrendous, basically killing any enjoyment I've been getting out of that, even though the actual photomode is put together surprisingly well.

I very much agree that the planes are actually great fun, and I've spent most my time flying around. There's something about just putting on a nice playlist of music and just flying high over the clouds when the sun is setting. On the opposite end of that spectrum, I also enjoyed just flying around the cities doing stupid stunts between the highrises.

As of right now, I'm shelving it until some updates come out and maybe change some things here and there. However, as it sits, I'm not getting the draw to continue playing the game.

@ImaRobot -- I hear you on the physics. I don't think this model will hold my attention forever, but for now I am enjoying it like a typical arcade-style racing game. Drifts take some getting used to and the way traction works is awkward, but overall I think I prefer this over most arcade racers I've played over the past couple decades. I've found the rallycross handling model to be ideal for twisty roads, relegating the street racing cars to higher-speed driving.

I'm hoping forza horizon 4 mauls this disaster called the crew 2 in no time. T10/PG studios have confirmed a track editor which the crew 2 never will have. I made it up to Icon 115 before I couldn't stand the disgusting rubber banding in most races.

Last edited:
They have? I completely missed that! Do you have any articles or anything about it please? I can't seem to find anything on Google about it.
Because it does not exist because no such thing was confirmed.

They have? I completely missed that! Do you have any articles or anything about it please? I can't seem to find anything on Google about it.
https://www.pcgamesn.com/forza-horizon-4/forza-horizon-4-route-creator-weather-control

It's a route creator, not a track editor. You can create your own races using your own routes but it's all using the existing map, you can't go off and create your own track corner by corner.

Unfortuantely though (and I can't remember where the interview I read that confirmed this was), your route has to start in the same spot as any of the games pre-set races. There should be a load of them so it won't be opressively restrictive, but still not sure why they have that restriction in the first place. Once you have chosen from the available starting points you can set the route to go wherever you want and the finish can be anywhere you choose as well.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/forza-horizon-4/forza-horizon-4-route-creator-weather-control

It's a route creator, not a track editor. You can create your own races using your own routes but it's all using the existing map, you can't go off and create your own track corner by corner.

Unfortuantely though (and I can't remember where the interview I read that confirmed this was), your route has to start in the same spot as any of the games pre-set races. There should be a load of them so it won't be opressively restrictive, but still not sure why they have that restriction in the first place. Once you have chosen from the available starting points you can set the route to go wherever you want and the finish can be anywhere you choose as well.
That's how it's always been for the Blueprint races. You roll up to the "Blueprint" mark on the map and it starts from that point, every time. There are multiple scattered throughout the game.

This is interesting, I had always hoped that the Blueprints system would end up like this at some point as they had great potential but were hampered by their lack of flexibility with regards to custom routes. This new creator should allow people to create some interesting races!

Back