what is your computer case temp

• Thread starter km
  • 31 comments

km

(Banned)
before i start my computer up it is between 18 C and 25 C but if i am playing games or anything else it goes up between 30 and 35 C's

my specs are

p4 1,5 ghz

gf4 ti4600

768mb sdram

what are your guys case temps and what specs do u have :confused:

BTW are my temps normal or not :confused:

My CPU temp is always around 130F

my case temp is normally between 70F and 100F.

Athlon XP 2000+, Geforce 3 Ti500, 512MB DDR PC2100

CPU - 50 to 60 C / 125 to 140 F

MB - 30 to 35 C / 90 to 100 F

Case - 30 C / 90 F

Originally posted by km
what is that in C :confused:

and what are u specs

I don't know what they are in C.

My specs:
Athlon 1800+XP
Geforce 4 Ti4600
256DDR PC2100
etc.

I don't know mine but it runs pretty cool and doesn't get too hot. Must be because I have an extra fan in there. My specs are:

AMD Athlon XP1800+
GeForce 4 Ti4600
512MB SDRAM
80Gb Harddrive

Originally posted by KosmikFool
I don't know mine but it runs pretty cool and doesn't get too hot. Must be because I have an extra fan in there. My specs are:

AMD Athlon XP1800+
GeForce 4 Ti4600
512MB SDRAM
80Gb Harddrive

do u over clock your gf4 :confused:

how do you test the temp? I know there is a way but I don't know how...I'd like to know what it's running cause a lot of times it's turning the extra fan on and stuff cause it's in a roll top desk...

How?

Originally posted by MazKid
how do you test the temp? I know there is a way but I don't know how...I'd like to know what it's running cause a lot of times it's turning the extra fan on and stuff cause it's in a roll top desk...

How?

An easy way is to go into your BIOS and look at the hardware monitor. Or, you can get a program that reads the temps. I have one that came with my motherboard.

Originally posted by MistaX
I forgot to what, since the Detonator 40s dont have the clockspeed slider bars..

My 40s have clockspeed sliders. :cool:

I've got the new Beta drivers, and they don't...

Theres prolly an option in the registry, and thats where I'm headed..

There are new detenators?! Man, I'm so slow on drivers, it's not like I check those websites everyday!

No, I don't overclock my GF4.

And MistaX, do you know why my 1800 says its running at 1.15GHz? I know its supposed to be running at 1.53GHz. (Or 1.83 if you have extra fans) ANy ideas why?

Here is a pic of what it says...oh, and how do I look at my BIOS? I used to know how on Win98 but not on WinXP.

Attachments

• ghzpic.jpg
    ghzpic.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 33
Yeah, yours is underclocked because your processor is to hot and did it automatically to save itself or your BIOS is set to underclock it. To get into your BIOS is no different from 98 to XP. When you boot up, after it goes through POST, it should say how to enter your BIOS. Mine said press the DEL key, yours might say something different like F3 or ESC. Once you're in the BIOS, change your CPU frequency to 1.53 GHz.

You might want to edit your pic, it has your XP serial number...

get a P4, you dont need extra fans ;).

my P41.6 runs around 22 - 28 cold and gets to around 30 - 38 when being used heavily...mind you i hit 52 degrees last summer :lol:

Spex:

Athlon 1900+ (1.6 gHz)

256 MB DDR

GF2 Ti

SB Live!

Soyo K7ADA MB

Nominal CPU temp: 50 C/122 F (I have seen it hit 132 under load)

Nominal System temp: 41 C/105 F (I haven't relly looked at it under load, but I don't remember it getting hotter than 110-115 F)

Athlons run a little hot tho ~ supposedly my 1.6 will out benchmark a P4 1.9. That's what AMD claims, anyway. ;)

Originally posted by KosmikFool
Thanks Josh...now you didn't copy it down did you...? :odd:

:lol: I knew you, or someone else, would ask that!:lol:

No, I did not.;) I saved the original pic to my HD, edited it, then saved the changes(under the same name so I wouldn't have an edited/unedited pic on my HD).

Ok...now we're cool. But hey- do you know how to change the clock speed in BIOS? I looked but didn't find any place that looked like you would be able to change it...any help would be appreciated.

If it's not in the BIOS, you must crack open your case and fiddle with the jumpers.

Do you know what motherboard you have? If you can find out, you may be able to hit up the manufacturer's website for info.

Ohh...Mista said I could just overclock it when I go into BIOS. Because right now its underclocked. Should I just get a overclocking utility?

Whether or not you can control the bus speed and multiplier through your BIOS depends on the motherboard.

My motherboard is cheap. Therefore, I must pop the PC open if I want to change the speed. Everything is set to autodetect right now tho ~ :)

Back