What is your favorite PP range of cars?

• Thread starter Sarkazmo
  • 51 comments
OK ... I see many people willing to race in the 400-450 pp range ...
How come I almost never find such rooms? Hmmmmmm ...

Today I opened up a 500PP room for road cars with no tuning and CS tires at Mt Panorama after watching the Bathurst 12hr. I sat there for a while, took my R32 for a couple of laps, sat there a bit longer, had dinner, had another couple of laps, and then, after an hour of absolutely no one joining the room, packed it up and closed the room. I only wish I could say that this sort of thing doesn't happen to me very often............................ :grumpy:

I only wish I could say that this sort of thing doesn't happen to me very often............................ :grumpy:
Well that might be bad luck ... but anyways. 500pp is a tad too much PP for me right now. ;)
I'm reverse filling my "garage" so ... a lot of low powered cars to play with for me.

Well that might be bad luck ... but anyways. 500pp is a tad too much PP for me right now. ;)
I'm reverse filling my "garage" so ... a lot of low powered cars to play with for me.

I kind of thought that by putting my pp limit at 500 today rather than 450 or 400 might make it more popular, & give a better chance of getting a couple of people to race me, but no cigar! :)

I kind of thought that by putting my pp limit at 500 today rather than 450 or 400 might make it more popular, & give a better chance of getting a couple of people to race me, but no cigar! :)
Well usually, in my experience at least, when I go to room entitled 500pp, the PP limit is actually 500pp and up that figure. Maybe try to add MAX in front of 500pp to lure the right people. ;)
Also ... no tuning on 450pp might be a bit tough. How can I use my VolkswagenKarmann Ghia Coupe (Type-1) '68 if there is no tuning allowed? Because if it's a no tune room ... that in a way limits the vehicles you can use cause in any scenario a HondaTODAY G '85 will be beaten by a Fiat500 1.2 8V Lounge SS '08, for example.
In a 550pp room ... you will see the usual mixture of hondas, bmws or whatever these speed freaks will use, hahahaha ... If you see my point.

Last edited:
I like 400 to 550pp....best street cars pp. Racing cars is up to 650pp. My fav pp is 400 coz I love take older Honda Fit W and it was very good on 400pp, won many times in my room when the winner pick pp as say 400 as I am happy to race my fav Honda Fit :)

Most lobbies seem to be 500 - 550pp, some 450. I love 450-550pp but do wish more were 400 or below, slower cars are so much more relaxed and there's not as much bashing about, more clean overtaking it's more of a hard cruise than a race, focusing more on apex than braking.

Also with different PP not used as much you open up a new world of competitve cars. I like them all at the end of the day, except when you get to 600 and above where rules have to be stricter in order for the race to be fair. A lot of people moan about race cars in 500ish PP range but most race cars are even with road cars at that performance level anyway. Although not a full on race car, I've got a 550PP FXX and 550PP McLaren F1 and they handle well but slow on the straights, making them even with normal cars like BMW M5, Civic etc. Same with Touring cars and GT3 type cars.

Sport tyres of any grade (preferably hard) make races much better IMO it feels a lot better and real, racing softs which most rooms use don't feel right at all, in fact I wish PD would ban them completely on non racing cars it would be a game changer. Course there's nothing stopping you putting RS on a normal car in real life but you can't have that attitude or this would happen- 99% of people will use them for the sake of them having the most grip on the game. What would change this is if GT did what Forza do (never gona happen) and make better tyres drastically increase PP, that way there would be no way in hell a Focus or Civic would be owning supercars arounf the ring. That way there would be a hell of a lot more range, if you wanted to put lowest grade tyres on a car so you could get max HP, at the risk of possibly being more inconsistent and slower round turns, then you could, or the other way round with more grip less power.

At the monent it's only weight / power that affects cars, and that doesn't work so well if they all have the same tyres as so many cars that should be good get left out online, makes them completely worthless for anything other than crusing. Then there's the FF ownage, all because of racing soft and the super grip and super speed they give you, forget about wheelspin in FF on RS, just mash accel and get a perfect angle and exit through any corner with no challenge at all. Lessen the tyres and the field is much more even.

Last edited:
I seem to rather enjoy 450-550. 500 is my favorite. My favorite 500pp car... Subaru Impreza STi 206 NBR Challenge, then the rx-8 and DeLorean ;) The DMC was great at 450, very well planted. I typically run sports soft or sports hard depending on regulations, but on cars I have really driven, comforts are all the more I run, makes me feel like I am driving them again.

Back