What is your favorite type of movie?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ROAD_DOGG33J
  • 9 comments
  • 566 views

ROAD_DOGG33J

Premium
Messages
14,687
United States
IL, USA
Messages
holyc0w1
Messages
holyc0w
I would have to say mine is action, though a good thriller can bring in some good entertainment, too.
 
Anything with all of the following...Guns, Girls, Cars, and Explosions.
 
Probably Sci-Fi.

Sci-Fi - 30%
Action - 20%
Horror - 20%
Foreign - 10%
Comedy - 8%
Suspense - 8%
Drama - 3%
Documentary/Special Interest - 1%

Yeah. This is pretty accurate(maybe).
 
Sci-Fi/Action.

Just saw Serenity. Now I want the series Firefly on DVD to get the back story.
 
A deep thriller tops all imo, action movies are good for an hour or so of time passing by, drama's can be great depending on the subject, sci-fi again can be great, but I find too many Sci-fi movies to be corny, the good ones like Alien/s, Predator, Terminator 1/2 ect are superb, but the crap ones really are dog turd. Like I said, a deep gritty thriller is the best.
 
I only like sci-fi if it's intelligent. And most are not... even the good ones. Being a sci-fi fan, I tend to over-analyze. But if there's enough action, drama or plot... well, if there's a good plot, I'll eat it up. Thus, movies like "Day After..." (pretentious, and ridiculous) and "Armageddon" just leave me cold, while I can still enjoy "Riddick" (no pretensions at serious science... just good old space-opera fun). But if it's too ridiculous an action movie, like "FnF", with poor research (SR20s in Integras? woooooo....), my brain kicks in and I stop enjoying the movie and start paying attention.

Basically, I like any movie that does NOT insult my brain. That includes intelligently or semi-intelligently written thrillers, dramas and the odd action movie that says "**** the brain, I want your balls."
 
Drama, Independent Films, Foreign, and a tiny bit of Sci-Fi... However, most Sci-Fi is just awful... There is nothing like a well acted, well written, emotionaly charged drama... Action movies are terrible 99% of the time, as are Sci-Fi films... I tend to like films that allow me to use my brain and not just sit with a dumb look on my face, like just about everything that has ever come out of Hollywood...

Strong gutsy acting, solid writing, and no plot holes... The ingrediants of a good film...




;)
 
Gangster / Mafia movies...
Action
mainstream sci-fi,
Stupid funny comedies
 
Back