What is your most eye-catching livery? I'll start with mine: Gulf 4C Gr.3

  • Thread starter Thread starter AZpocalypse
  • 33 comments
  • 3,835 views
Messages
78
United States
Mesa, Arizona
6206620062291362316_0.jpg



https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/9480088/1/9079332717834830344
 
Last edited:
These are my renderings of the 2007 LeMans Flying Lizard, and then my own custom cloaked version of the same livery covered over in black with silhouetted details as if unzipping a cover. A lot of hours in these.

Real car for refernece:
Screenshot_20200526-133939_Samsung Internet.jpg

7142783859689553940_0.jpg

6990224422849249300_0.jpg
8143093150309680132_0.jpg
8512459704240210448_0.jpg
6998607090857017868_0.jpg
8080026187622023168_0.jpg
6989599891201720844_0.jpg
6998607098910082572_0.jpg
8142597270497396236_0.jpg
 
I'm not sure which livery is the most eye-catching, but this is at least the most pleasing photo I've taken recently.



Love the depth effect on the license plate frame. Looks pretty real if I dare say so myself. :D
 
Spent a good few hours creating this livery. Didn't get much love from the community, though...View attachment 924821
This is really an high quality livery, but unfortunately the car itself is not very popular in the game. And to add to that, the view angle of the vignette don’t do justice to the work you’ve put in.
 
Thanks! Much appreciated. The car itself isn't much of a thrill to drive, agreed. I got it purely to do liveries and scapes on. Sadly, the details are best noticed in the Livery editor. Anyway, I had fun creating the livery.
Thanks again :)
 
It’s better to use a very transparent layer (15-20%) then duplicate it to « darken » the colour. That way you can adjust the colour without loosing too much of the base effect.

Also worth noting that the more you duplicate the more you lose the base effect (say chrome, after 2-3 duplications you lose the chrome effect)
 
If only the livery editor allowed opacity settings on layers....., I'd do a little jump for joy.
The livery editor is good, but could really be better with some advanced tools.
 
I guess for now you’ll have to settle with predoing opacity before uploading. I agree though.

Also letting us make decals chrome would save time when doing masked chrome liveries. Better yet, let us select fecal material individually, and not a one-setting-for-all. :p
 
I'm not sure which livery is the most eye-catching, but this is at least the most pleasing photo I've taken recently.



Love the depth effect on the license plate frame. Looks pretty real if I dare say so myself. :D

What a great picture. Would u share the picture settings?
 
I think those are my best liveries so far.

First my Busch Beer Ford Mustang GT3.

I created it as a mix of Nascar and Endurance racing. The base color is changing its color from a white/silver to a light blue when u turn the car.
Took me a while to finish it.

And then there is this one.

My U.S. Air Force Nissan Skyline GT-R Gr.3.
I created this one for a good friend who is an Air Force medic and wanted a car for the manufacturer series.
All the little details and metal plates took a long time to get in position.

Even those are not the most wildest colors, I believe those are my best looking liveries so far.
 
Last edited:
This one is just wow...what a great job. Looks stunning

Thanks! Much appreciated. There are some things I'd like to fix on the rear end, but I've reached 300/300 decals and I can't sacrifice a few to be able to fix what I want to fix.

Thanks again for the compliments. Makes doing these liveries worth while. :)
 
Back