What is your sustenance for GT4?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Classic Anycar
  • 55 comments
  • 2,461 views
Messages
360
While you patiently wait for GT4 :) , what are you playing to wet your tastebuds? Mine are as follows.

PROJECT GOTHAM RACING 2

PROS

1. More domestic and European cars than Asian
2. Ferraris and Porsches galore
3. Lots of classics and muscle cars
4. Test track where you can test drive most cars without buying them
5. First game with actual drivers

CONS

1. You have to earn points to eventually earn tokens to buy cars
2. You only get the difference between your personal best and your previous best points
3. You have to win the races on multiple difficulty levels
4. You have to race at night and in the rain
5. You have to get at least 3rd for most races

SEGA GT 2002

PROS

1. Lots of classic Japanese cars
2. Prize cars include concept cars and classic race cars
3. Buying cars is more like Gran Turismo
4. In Official Race mode, you only have to come in at least 3rd once
5. Once you have the right car, it is easy to win the drag racing special prize

CONS

1. You have to wait until after the countdown in order to quit a race
2. Unfinished races have replays that are shown after you quit
3. Prize cars are often low performance compared to your current car
4. License tests are only a course
5. Prize cars are sometimes cars you can unlock later, but can't buy now
 
Classic Anycar
While you patiently wait for GT4 :) , what are you playing to wet your tastebuds? Mine are as follows.

PROJECT GOTHAM RACING 2

PROS

1. More domestic and European cars than Asian
2. Ferraris and Porsches galore
3. Lots of classics and muscle cars
4. Test track where you can test drive most cars without buying them
5. First game with actual drivers

CONS

1. You have to earn points to eventually earn tokens to buy cars
2. You only get the difference between your personal best and your previous best points
3. You have to win the races on multiple difficulty levels
4. You have to race at night and in the rain
5. You have to get at least 3rd for most races

SEGA GT 2002

PROS

1. Lots of classic Japanese cars
2. Prize cars include concept cars and classic race cars
3. Buying cars is more like Gran Turismo
4. In Official Race mode, you only have to come in at least 3rd once
5. Once you have the right car, it is easy to win the drag racing special prize

CONS

1. You have to wait until after the countdown in order to quit a race
2. Unfinished races have replays that are shown after you quit
3. Prize cars are often low performance compared to your current car
4. License tests are only a course
5. Prize cars are sometimes cars you can unlock later, but can't buy now





toca 2 with dfp wheel
i love using a clutch,wish gt4 had that feature
 
GTR (simbin, the German version) and RBR

FlatOut and Insane
 
Yes, PGR2, TOCA2, GT4P and now GT4 demo
but PGR2 is the one i spend most of my time
 
NFSU2 actually (ducks flames). It's no GT, but still fun, though I've moved back to my DS2 for this one. The handling is just too arcady for the wheel.

And no I'm not a ricer. I do like turning my cars into works of art, provided they go as fast and they look. The dyno tuning in NFSU2 is a nice addition; something I'd like to see in GT4 (with GT4's much-added realism of course).
 
Ace Combat 5, San Andreas, Metal Gear Solid 3, Vampire: Bloodline, HL2...
 
Im playing Half Life 2, Half Life 2 Death Match, Counter strike: Source, GT3, GT4: P at the moment.
 
EA F1 2002
World Rally Championship I
Colin McRae Rally 3
Pro Race Driver
Pro Race Driver 2 (aka: Toca2 I believe)
Le Mans 24 Hours
Dirt to Daytona
as well as GT3...of course! :-)

Once new computer & monitor are purchased, & as soon as GTR is available stateside, I'll be getting that & RBR as well!
 
Nothing :S. There aren't any good games out at the moment..

I've played through GTA:SA and now there's nothing left..
 
I've gone back to playing the original C&C Games..........

Yes......please say I am weird :sly:
 
Just starting Metal Gear Solid 3 actually. Seems pretty good so far, though I miss my radar :(

Should be getting NFSU2 for Christmas - as with ZeratulSG, I'm not a ricer, but I must say the first game is unbelievably, childishly fun, especially drift and drag, and making cars look as horrible as I possibly can :lol:

I'm haven't played the second one yet, but I'm hoping it's even better :)
 
Heep
Just starting Metal Gear Solid 3 actually. Seems pretty good so far, though I miss my radar :(

Should be getting NFSU2 for Christmas - as with ZeratulSG, I'm not a ricer, but I must say the first game is unbelievably, childishly fun, especially drift and drag, and making cars look as horrible as I possibly can :lol:

I'm haven't played the second one yet, but I'm hoping it's even better :)

A couple of annoying little things, but yeah it's better than the first one IMO. The graphics are a little crisper, more modes, the handling is more solid and realistic (though still nowhere near GT-level) and there's a truckload of new content.

I thought we were talking about what racing games we were playing while waiting for GT4. I must also throw a nod towards GTA:SA and HL2 since they deserve it :cool:
 
ZeratulSG
NFSU2 actually (ducks flames). It's no GT, but still fun, though I've moved back to my DS2 for this one. The handling is just too arcady for the wheel.

And no I'm not a ricer. I do like turning my cars into works of art, provided they go as fast and they look. The dyno tuning in NFSU2 is a nice addition; something I'd like to see in GT4 (with GT4's much-added realism of course).
When I first saw this thread, NFSU2 came to mind but I didn't want to be flamed. Nor am I a ricer. If I have that tasteless crap on my car, it's just to beat the game...
 
It's funny, in "real life" I hate all the wings and decals and crap, and most especially hate street racing itself, but from the time I turn that game on until the time I turn it off, I totally get into the ricer mindset - it's hilarious and a total blast! :D
 
VIPERGTSR01
Im playing Half Life 2, Half Life 2 Death Match, Counter strike: Source, GT3, GT4: P at the moment.

Add in Day of Defeat and take out GT4:P, and that's me.
 
GT2, GT3 and GT4 Prologue, Ratchet and clank 2 and NFSU
 
I have MGS3, NFSU2, Defjam 2, Leisuresuit Larry all on my HDD but I've only been interested in playing the new GT4 demo.
 
Half-Life2, Halo2, Fable, PGR2 (Gotta love the downloadable content!), Forza demo, ToCA2, GT3, Metroid Prime, FlatOut...
 
Burnout 3
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
 
GTA SA & Tetris (GBA) and occasionally Pro Race Driver

until i get me a DFP i can't bring myself to play GT4P or GT3 - i just can't squeeze anymore enjoyment out of them
 
BOXER1
Colin McRae Rally 2005, best rally game ever. 👍

Hmm I played the PC demo & thought it was awful. Seemed worse than 3 & 4 which weren't good either in my book. Best rally games in my opinion are WRC 1/2/3 (dunno about 4 haven't played it) with the best being RalliSport Championship 2. Best old rally game was '96 Network Q Rally Champ but most of you lot probs won't know of it ;)

But apart from racing games, HL2 & Eve : Exodus (online space RPG thing).
 
too many new games playing rite now, but GT4 is still my most wanted
 
Just Working through GTA SA ( Awesome time waster..) also NHL 2004 ( still haven't finished first season )
 
Back