What just happened?

• Thread starter toyota_gt1
  • 35 comments

toyota_gt1

(Banned)
XxViPeRxX24
XxViPeRxX24
My apologies if this isn't the right place. I'm in a slight panic mode right now.

I just turned my PS3 off, then back on. Everything reset. Picture quality was set back to 480p and it recovered my accounts. A few others things took place. But, honestly, I don't remember what.

Then, I go to sign in to my main account (XxViPeRxX24), and it says I must sign up for PSN. :confused: That account has been on PSN forever.

So, I proceed to sign in. I type in my Sign-In ID (email) and password. I get "the email or password is incorrect". I know for a fact it isn't. I then tried it on another email....same thing. I attempt to recover my password but apparently my info isn't valid.

Anyone care to explain what has just happened to me?

Thanks a bunch.

Just started up GT5.
"Load failed. This save data is from another user.
You cannot use this save data.
A new user will be created".

I've yet to switch users.

Also, after this happened, I restarted again. It said the system wasn't turned off properly. Could that be it?

So it's your system then..try checking if you've got other save datas lurking around

Just tried it on another account. Load failed.

It looks like I've lost everything. Level 32 B-spec & 29 A-Spec. >100 cars including an X1. Gone. I'm not going through all that again.

This happened as I was getting ready to make a trade.

Which PS3 are you using? My PS3 60GB Yloded 4 days ago, and i always had some problems with GT5, now with my slim everything works fine. I just wonder if it could be a problem playing GT5 with 60GB because I heard from several people that they had problems (Ylod, blackscreen....) with their 60GB PS3.

Happy New Year!

If i was in your place the steps that i would follow goes like this:

1st Backup my save data to a USB drive (just in case)

2nd to log in to my PSN account via PC to see at least if it works/ still exists.
if your account is ok then the PS3 is the problem.

3rd i would try the options from the PS3 recovery menu
if you dont know how to access it see this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2YnGGUOJks
I would go for the restore file system and rebuild data base for start's.

if nothing of all that works .....i would do a full system reset, re-install the FW.... and eventually if even that didnt work either, i would do a full data back-up (have in mind that takes too bloody long) and format the HDD.

There is something else that you can try.... delete the user from the PS3 and re-create it, i have done it once but i cant recall if i faced any issues with the game saves.

Another option is to delete GT5 Game data and re-install it :S

After that the only options that you have is to call sony.
I cant think of anything else, to remove the motherboard battery i dont think that will do anything in your case, and the salvage data option on the GT5 says "data such as replay files".....useless....

Good Luck!

What happens when you make a backup of your system? You need a large external USB HDD for that. Maybe your PS3 HDD is going corrupt...and having bad sectors...

From what I can see. I've already lost everything. There's nothing that can get it back. But, what do I know?

Also, I haven't actually started a new game on my main account. I don't know if that matters, though.

sdf
Happy New Year!

If i was in your place the steps that i would follow goes like this:

1st Backup my save data to a USB drive (just in case)

2nd to log in to my PSN account via PC to see at least if it works/ still exists.
if your account is ok then the PS3 is the problem.

3rd i would try the options from the PS3 recovery menu
if you dont know how to access it see this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2YnGGUOJks
I would go for the restore file system and rebuild data base for start's.

if nothing of all that works .....i would do a full system reset, re-install the FW.... and eventually if even that didnt work either, i would do a full data back-up (have in mind that takes too bloody long) and format the HDD.

There is something else that you can try.... delete the user from the PS3 and re-create it, i have done it once but i cant recall if i faced any issues with the game saves.

Another option is to delete GT5 Game data and re-install it :S

After that the only options that you have is to call sony.
I cant think of anything else, to remove the motherboard battery i dont think that will do anything in your case, and the salvage data option on the GT5 says "data such as replay files".....useless....

Good Luck!

I immediately went to #3.

"The hard disk's file system is corrupted and will be restored".

Edit: No luck with that.

Honestly mate i cant think of anything else....
But i would highly recommend to back up your save, in case that the HDD is corrupted, and is about to die on you.
Maybe there is a chance (if the HDD is the problem) when you change HDD or format the current one, the GT5 save data have been copied successfully and intact and you get your profile back.

I feel like a complete idiot for asking this, but when it says "Connect storage media at the save destination", what does that mean?

Bear with my stupidity.

Connect A usb thumb drive, or an external Hard disk drive with Fat32 System Files, or your mobile phone with a usb cable in storage mode :)

sdf
Connect A usb thumb drive, or an external Hard disk drive with Fat32 System Files, or your mobile phone with a usb cable in storage mode :)

I'm lacking in all of the above.

*shakes head*

Well you will need a usb drive as big as your used space on the PS3. So, if you have say 10 Gb left on a 60 Gb PS3 you will need a USB drive with at least 50 Gb. A friend maybe with a external drive? This drive must be formatted as fat32.
A USB stick will work to if you have one big enough.

I'm lacking in all of the above.

*shakes head*

As Mave said, maybe ask from a friend? i believe that someone must have a thumb drive to give you for a couple of days.
Or at least buy a low capacity thumb/usb drive just to backup your games saves.
Even if there is one in a million chance to get back your GT5 data why waste it?

All the other staff such as game data, your trophies and DLC you can get them back any time.

sdf
As Mave said, maybe ask from a friend? i believe that someone must have a thumb drive to give you for a couple of days.
Or at least buy a low capacity thumb/usb drive just to backup your games saves.
Even if there is one in a million chance to get back your GT5 data why waste it?

All the other staff such as game data, your trophies and DLC you can get them back any time.

Game data? As in cars, paints, etc?

Yeah, save data as in GT Life. First thing I want to check is, did you try signing in through the game or did you switch the game off and go to XMB and sign up at the PSN icon. I had trouble before with such a thing and quit game. Then signed in from the icon and actually found that I had terms and conditions to accept before it would let me sign my PSN account back in(quite weird that I couldnt get to the TOC screen when prompted in-game to sign into PSN?). If that isnt the problem then you want to do is turn your ps3 on and open your main acc. as usual. Scroll over to your game icon, then move down to the saved data utility folder. Is your GT5 file still there? Upon hi-lighting it you will notice that it says how many in-game days you've played, credits and current car. This will be your indicator of whether or not your save data is on your hard drive or not. Good Luck man.

Yeah, save data as in GT Life. First thing I want to check is, did you try signing in through the game or did you switch the game off and go to XMB and sign up at the PSN icon. I had trouble before with such a thing and quit game. Then signed in from the icon and actually found that I had terms and conditions to accept before it would let me sign my PSN account back in(quite weird that I couldnt get to the TOC screen when prompted in-game to sign into PSN?). If that isnt the problem then you want to do is turn your ps3 on and open your main acc. as usual. Scroll over to your game icon, then move down to the saved data utility folder. Is your GT5 file still there? Upon hi-lighting it you will notice that it says how many in-game days you've played, credits and current car. This will be your indicator of whether or not your save data is on your hard drive or not. Good Luck man.

Yeah. My save data is there. Pushing 1,200 days. I tried everything. I proceeded to copy it to other accounts, but when I choose an account, I get "The data cannot be saved. There is saved data with the same name at the save destination".

Not sure if I mentioned this. When I start the game, I get "Registration of the trophy info. could not be completed. The game will quit. (80022D11)

I haven't officially started a new game on my main account yet. I still have my save data, but I'm worried it will be erased once I start a new one.

Last edited:
Oh I see. Well, looks like you'll have to borrow some sord of media device to save your game save data to. I was reading something on another site which may be of help to you. The 2nd page has a drastic solution, but you may want to keep reading up on page 11 as there is 2nd solution that may work for you which isnt as drastic. From what I read there were 2 problem that share your error code, hence the 2 solutions. Heres hoping yours is the page 11 problem!!!

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/80022D11-Trophy-Error/td-p/5643149

Since this happened, my computer has went down the 🤬 hole. If often takes multiple tries to get where I want to go. Videos don't work at all. Pictures are inconsistent with loading. When they do load, they either stop at any point, or are EXTREMELY slow.

Coincidence? Or, are the failures of my PS3 and PC related in some way?

Try this:
1. Create a new user on your PS3
2. Click sign up for a new PSN. When prompted, "use existing account" and log in to your old PSN.
3. Buy a thumbrdive and stick it into the PS3 while logged into your old user account.
4. Copy your GT5 save to the thumbdrive.
5. Log in to your new user account and copy the save off the thumbdrive to the PS3.

If that works, proceed to copy all your other game saves across to the new user, and delete the old one from your ps3.

Since this happened, my computer has went down the 🤬 hole. If often takes multiple tries to get where I want to go. Videos don't work at all. Pictures are inconsistent with loading. When they do load, they either stop at any point, or are EXTREMELY slow.

Coincidence? Or, are the failures of my PS3 and PC related in some way?

maybe you have some funky DNS issue with your broadband service and its messing up your ps3's ability to connect to the psn server properly. Try resetting the modem or router and see if that works... i mean hey - it's worth the try

My internet is still....crap. I've dug up some numbers that I find interesting.

On my computer. Numbers are estimated to the nearest thousand:
Packets:
Sent - 3,000
Received: 2,500

I'm currently on a computer at my school. Here are its numbers:
Packets:
Sent - 25,000
Received - 28,000

Any care to elaborate how bad my connection is?

Man... why don't you just take the advice given, or at least go BUY A CHEAP USB stick to back up your game save? Those packets received etc have nothing to do with anything. Go back up you game save data.

EDIT..

Did I say back up game save? Oh yeah I did as well as a bunch of other people. Just making sure.

PS Go buy a USB STICK and back up your game save data.

PPS... Do I have to say it again? LOL.. Ok, now go do that.

Back