What kind of lowness do you have to stoop to? [vent]

  • Thread starter Thread starter Acid X
  • 33 comments
  • 1,133 views
Messages
6,668
United States
California
Messages
Axidwulv
Well, i came home and was messing around for a while in my room. It took me a few hours to realize that a few music cds (in their jewel cases.. real cds) were missing from my desk. I know they were there before i left today. I immediately knew my mom took them becasue she has taken stuff from me before, including my playstation 2 and stereo and pawned them. My girlfriend called and asked my mom if she had any idea where they were. She said no. I went into her room, in search of my cds, and guess what? I foudn them. They were in a shoe box on her bed.. Guess what they were accompanied by. 3 Playstation 2 games that she had also taken from me that i hadnt noticed yet. Now insanely furious (almost putting a hole in my door.. didnt hit that hard though) i went back into my room to discover a few other things missing. 1, my digital camera that wasnt even bought by me or her. it was bought by my friend Nick. 80$ digital camera.. great camera. 2, my vice city jewel case (w/ install cd [and presumed play.. but its not in there thank god]) and the original box that the game came in.

Thinking this was just wonderful, i waited for my mom to get home. When she came home i confronted her about it full on and told her i knew she took them and that she couldnt deny it because i had found half the missing items in her room sitting on the bed. She claimed that someone else must have taken them and tried to set her up by placing them in her room. Naturally i knew this was a load of bull****, and we continued arguing. When i said that my camera was missing she became pissed at me (extremely) caliming she didnt take it and that it must still be in my room. I went back into my room and looked EVERYWHERE where it could have been or fallen, because i remember placing it on my computer desk directly in front of my monitor (right next to the cds that were also missing at the time.)

We continued arguing, and then i brought up about how she had promised she was going to get a job and still hadnt, and she became completely enraged and SHOVED ME. Before this happened she had also said that i wasnt her son, and that i need to get out. I said i didnt care because i wanted to leave (and i still do, but i have nowhere to go.. and i need my stuff to go with me.) Anywho, after she shoved me i took off into my room to try and keep from doing something completely irrational, and was looking for my camera, and then she came in and started telling me about how she raised me up so well (when in fact she did, but hasnt since about 4 years ago) and started bashing on my dad about how i should try living with him and about how he goes to jail so much, when she has been to jail just as many times for worse ****. Eventually she just took off and left. A few hours later she called me and tried apoligizing to get me to feel bad and apoligize, trying to say that i dont love her, when in fact i do, but i dont love how she is, so i seen no need to apologize. Even THEN, she wouldnt say that she took my stuff. So now i'm stuck without my digital camera, without my vice city stuff (aside from teh play disc) and in a severely ****ty mood.

All this for what cause, you ask? Because my mom is a no good Druggie.

But tell me, what kind of LOWNESS to you have to stoop to, to steal from your own son. I don't know my mom anymore.

Anyway, i'm sorry for this, but i really needed to vent... I'm sick of this life i have to live in. I want out of this place. The only things i have that hold me strong is my girlfriend and my friends, and my uncle.

TIP: Don't ever do drugs.
 
Acid - I feel for you, no-one should have to go through what you wrote in your post - I hope things can somehow get better for you, keep the things you like and enjoy close to you (g/f friends PS2! PC! etc)

I hope you get stuff sorted.

Big J
 
Anything you really, really don't want to be taken. Eg games, CD's, electronic equipment etc. Hide them. Hide them in a place where you and only you can find them. This always helps.

As for the situation itself. NO ONE should ever have to go through something like this. I'll admit I've never been subject to this type of thing, so I don't know what it's like. I do know that it does happen, when it shouldn't. There's no need.

I suggest you see your friends and g/f as much as possible, because they will help you out. They will listen too.

This remindes me of that EMINEM song. Cleaning Out My Closet. It's similar.

Hope you make it through ok. We all feel your pain. :)
 
Now that i think about it, it does kind of seem like that song.. All i really know is that the dude leaves his mom and stuff. I havent heard the song in a while..
 
Thats harsh man. Hang in there and be strong, you have the support of everyone here.

Dunc.
 
I'm sorry to hear your mom hasn't changed, Corey. You definitely don't deserve what you're going through.

I wanted to leave (and i still do, but i have nowhere to go.. and i need my stuff to go with me.)
Sure, it's like a bajillion miles from California, but you can always come stay down here in South Carolina with us. You can sleep under the pool table. Haha. Nah. We have plenty of room for you though, man. I'll even get you a job, and buy you a car. Now just fly/drive/hitch/walk your ass down here.
 
That's rough. I feel for you. You have my support in this. I have this neighbor friend, she's about 17 or 18, and she used to be this real religous girl, real good, good grades and all that. Now, she's been living with a true Crackhead for about a year. she came over one day and said she had had enough because he had stole her stuff to sell for crack. Didn't see her again for like two months. Turns out that night she went right back to him. Indeed, how do people fall so far......... It hurts my heart. Prayin' for ya man.
 
Well, the least we can do to help is be here for you to vent. As everyone has said, there is no excuse for you being put in this horrible situation. It's something nobody should have to live through... and you've had to endure it through adolescence, which is hard enough in itself. Keep in touch with friends and keep in touch with us and we will advise and listen as much as we can.

But there is a bright side: it's taught you great lessons in maturity already, and I'll bet it's taught you to be self-sufficient to some extent as well. And you're getting close to age 18, which means you can soon legally remove yourself from the situation, as tough as it may be physically.

My advice is to protect yourself and your stuff until you get out of high school. Hide it or keep it at friends' houses. Padlock your closet door and keep your room clean, so there's nothing she can get. Work as hard as you can in school - which is tough, I know - and get a job as soon as you get out. You should be able to find a room somewhere or roomates to split an small apartment. It's going to be a pretty close-to-the-bone life for a while, but it will be your life.

We're all pulling for you.
 
If you think your life sucks, think of the hundreds of millions at least people who live in crap conditions. Think of all the people living in somalia, Iraq, Apghanistan, Albania, Indonesia, India and China who don't even have a computer or even proper clothes. My mom had a magnet on our refrigerator once that said if you own a house, you are luckier than 95% of people in the world. If you own a computer, you are more fortunate than 99% of the population. If you can easily get 3 meals a day, you are more fortunate than 99% of the population. These stats are amazing. I used to think that my life sucks because I live in a small house, don't have a car, and don't have a g/f, but then I saw thatmagnet and I realized how fortunate I really was.
 
Acid X may be more fortunate than many people. But that does not mean that what he is going through is not very difficult. I'm sure he has it harder than anyone here.
 
All members here are very fortunate as we have homes (presumably) and PC's etc etc but when some bad s**t happens like it has to Acid (Corey) you tend to not really care about people in Somalia etc and I wouldnt blame anyone in Corey's position if they did that.

Keep posting Corey - let us know you are OK
 
COME TO AUSTRALIA!!! Us Aussies can show u a GOOD time...lol. Feel sorry for u dude, im goin through a real rough patch atm, but im just hangin in there. In ur case, moving out seems the best option, plan it one day when shes gone, pack some stuff, leave a note but dont give out ur whereabouts. Just stay at a friends place for a while, im sure a friend would let u stay for a little while whilst ur doin it hard. Go find a job, any job. Make a resume, get ANYTHING. Maccas or anything. Gather some money up and find a real cheap place to rent. I have a friend that does this. He sees his mum weekly but she still dont know where he lives.

Just stick it out dude, I half know how u feel.
 
I'd invest in a vault. Get a gun vault and gut it. Put it in your room, then whenever you go somewhere, lock all of the stuff she can make money off of in there.
 
Well, Cory, we've talked about this before... It pains me to think a mother can be that irresponsible. Duke put it best, just work your ass off to get out of that.

Did you try sitting her down and have a civilized talk about the situation? I know people with drug and alcohol problems aren't the easiest people to get along with, but they need support to get out of there.

Whatever you do, don't do anything stupid.
 
Man, that really sucks. My advice is to go to home depot and buy a lock for your door and/or closet, like the kind you might put on the outside of a house. You might also try a burgular alarm that goes off when you touch the door handle.
 
I'd get a new door handle with a lock and key, maybe even a deadbolt. The only to get in to your room then would be through the window, but I don't think your mom would break windows. I hope things get better for you though real soon.
 
I know exactly how you feel, Acid. but a MOM stealing from own SON is abit weird.
Steal from her! :lol:

TIP: Lock your door from the inside before you leave.
 
Man thats really sad. Just try putting a lock on ur door meanwhile and when you have a chance just leave and try to stay away from her, you deserve that its just bull****. What ever you do don't think about suicide. Gtp is here for you bud. Good luck.
 
First of all.. Are you serious Josh? That would own more than owning could own the owners! Er. Yeah. But anyway, if you really meant that (and i didnt have a gf that meant so much to me) i'd ask if you'd pay for the plane ticket too. ;)

Anywho, thanks for the suggestions guys. My name doesn't have an e, haha.

She still wont fess up to taking my stuff, and i havent said more than 4 words to her today. As far as trying to sit down and have a talk with her, its not possible. All she does is lie. I've tried it many times before.

But anywho.. Josh, let me know! Haha.
 
My name doesn't have an e, haha.
I always do that with your name. When I typed that post I even wondered if I was ****ing it up - apparently I was.:lol:
Acid X
First of all.. Are you serious Josh? That would own more than owning could own the owners! Er. Yeah. But anyway, if you really meant that (and i didnt have a gf that meant so much to me) i'd ask if you'd pay for the plane ticket too. ;)
Yes, I'm seriously as serious as serious can get. Or something.:odd: You don't deserve to have **** stolen from you by your own mother. I'd help you in anyway possible, and if that means flying you out here, getting your ass registered in school, getting you a job, buying you a car, risking prosecution for harboring a runaway minor:lol:, etc. I'd do it.

If you seriously can't stand it there anymore, and want to start a new life just let me know. E-mail/PM me, whenever. I'll give you my cell number, and we can figure everything out.
 
Whoa. Josh ****ing rules. 👍
 
the_undrtaker89
Josh such a caring guy, hey i don't got a home, can you get me a rx-8 and a penthouse

Your house is huge and your parents drive an X5 idiot.

Anyways all i ca say acid is stick through it man cuz some oppurtunity is bound to come up and all you have to do is wiat for it. Its no small task but as neon duke said work hard and try to keep your mind off things. Just keep everyone here posted and dont forget for a momnet that all of us are backing you up. 👍 Gluck man.
 
Well, josh, its a great offer and i'll keep it in mind... BUt i have too much to stick around here for, such as my wonderful girlfriend. Our 1 year anniversary is just next saturday and thats a big achievement for both of us.

Anyway, some news on my mom.. She got busted today at 6pm for posession. So, since shes had so many chances before, i believe she's truly up in the big house for 3 years. Now, i dont have anyone to take care of me because my uncle is moving back to washington in less than two weeks, and i'll be stuck with neel (you know who that is josh.. the handicap dude in the wheelchair and yadayada..) - He can't really take care of me, but i have people that will help me out. I'll have to start looking for a job and really work harder in getting somewhere, but yeah..

Anyway, Josh, send me an email (acidswurlz@Punkass.com) and we'll talk and stuff just let you know how things are going.. I really wish i coudl take you up on that offer, but i have too much here that is important to me.

@360rider - My girlfriend says "No, because she's supposed to have her legs spread," referring to your custom title.. ;)

Talk to you all later..
 
Now that's one bad place to be, bud. I know you've heard apologies here, and people typically mean what they say, but I can only hope that every wish comes true. I hope you have the ability to take Josh up on that free room in South Carolina. He's a good guy, and I bet that would be the best option right now.

I know it seems like a long way away, but believe me, you and your mom will get along much better if she's not dependent on you, and you're not disgusted with her. Anger will only lead to a bigger problem between you two. If she doesn't have a source of income, like your stuff at the moment, then she can't keep up on her addiction.

I know there is a TON of things that you would give up: gf closeness (unless she came with you), friends closeness (also unless they come with you), and other such amenities around your location. These are all extremely hard to give up, but one must admit, the advantages are quite abundant. First of all, you'll have more freedom, because you'll have someone of better nature controlling the household. Secondly, your mom will have time to think about the error of her ways, because she'll be lost as to how to get her drugs. And lastly, you'll have a fresh start in an environment more suitable for life.

You don't have to go, but I see more advantages then disadvantages. That, and I hate to see good people suffer.

Best of luck,
~toyo
 
Kudos to Josh, good man. 👍

Acid, keep us posted bud.
 
Cory, just stick with it man, now that your mom is gone its going to get really tough, where abouts do you live in cali? Maby one day i could visit you and we could play some GT3 :) Try to get some job, anywhere, good luck man!


Nick Johnston #28
 
Back