What motion simulator do you recommend?

• Thread starter Edward76
  • 13 comments
United States
United States
I have been passionate about racing games for a long time and have finally saved up enough money to purchase a motion simulator. Can you suggest one that provides the best value for the price?

I have been passionate about racing games for a long time and have finally saved up enough money to purchase a motion simulator. Can you suggest one that provides the best value for the price?
I would not spend that sort of money without actually testing the system I was buying first. People have such widely different views on what motion systems enhance immersion and which actually make it worse or add no benefit.

Thank you for the information and the guidance. Maybe there are some widely used motion simulators I can look into for testing? Just examples so I can check them out.

I would not spend that sort of money without actually testing the system I was buying first. People have such widely different views on what motion systems enhance immersion and which actually make it worse or add no benefit.
Are there any shops where you can walk in and try one? None that I know of around me anyway. Unless you have a friend who has one, you gotta do a lot of research on specs, dimensions, cost, reviews, support quality, more reviews, ask manufacturer specific questions. But for me, it came down to price, specs, size and whether or not I could fit my lanky limbs in it, followed by a leap of faith that it'd turn out okay, which it did.

Jerome

I've been using my Sigma Integrale DK6 for the past few months and it's been absolutely amazing. I can't recommend them enough. I even had an issue when I first attempted to install the software and when I reached out to them on their Discord, I **** you not, they responded back within a minute providing the workaround - incredible!

j7rJvdv.jpg

LXDiIl0.jpg

Sigma Integrale DK6 Motion System

Regarding getting to try one prior to purchasing, I guess it depends on where you are located. I’ve been seeing more and more sim racing arcade boutiques popping up - maybe you could try to find one of those and test one out first before making the commitment. I jumped in blind but did a ton of research prior to purchasing. Sigma made the most sense for me and my setup and I’ve had zero regrets 👍

I've been using my Sigma Integrale DK6 for the past few months and it's been absolutely amazing. I can't recommend them enough. I even had an issue when I first attempted to install the software and when I reached out to them on their Discord, I **** you not, they responded back within a minute providing the workaround - incredible!

j7rJvdv.jpg

LXDiIl0.jpg

Sigma Integrale DK6 Motion System
Thank you for the sharing this setup/information! :)

Build it yourself? That's what I did. Saves a lot of money. See https://www.rowanhick.com/sfx-100-build-and-running-guide
Build manually isn't an option for me unfortunately. Don't have so much time to spend on, but thank you for the interesting setup.

Regarding getting to try one prior to purchasing, I guess it depends on where you are located. I’ve been seeing more and more sim racing arcade boutiques popping up - maybe you could try to find one of those and test one out first before making the commitment. I jumped in blind but did a ton of research prior to purchasing. Sigma made the most sense for me and my setup and I’ve had zero regrets 👍
What do you have? Sigma DK2 or DK6? It's about 4,5-6,5 K. I'm thinking about DOF reality H3 it's about 2,5 for the system... And it's possible to upgrade later on.

do you play ATS? If so how did you configure it the p3. Please & thank you.
If ATS is American Truck Simulator, I haven't ever played that game, sorry. You may find some settings online(?) I think there are a bunch of setups on the DOF site.

Jerome

Back