What music do you listen with the custom music option?

United States
The U.S
Blu_Subaru22
Everyone loves music. Especially for a good motivation for a race. What songs do you listen to?

I will reveal one: believe it or not, one of the songs I put was "moon over the castle-long remix" in GT4. Just because that song was the coolest song to be played during credits.

Some 70's Funk, Disco, Chicago House, and Detroit Techno.

I found that most hardcore GT players don't like to listen to music while driving like we do... they prefer the engine sounds.

During the period that I could not had figured out how to make custom music work, I was pretty thrilled to listen to the sound of the engine of the Saleen S7

During the period that I could not had figured out how to make custom music work, I was pretty thrilled to listen to the sound of the engine of the Saleen S7

I turned off my custom music when I went from Automatic to Manual transmission (needed to be able to hear my shifting points)... but I always listen to my own music. I can't really drive (in real life or the virtual one) with out it!

I have a couple songs from GT4, and some new songs I suddenly like.
I think I have Getaway -Earth Wind and Fire, and Robot Rock - Daft Punk just to name a few. There's only sixteen so far, hopefully I'll add some more (If I feel like fiddling with the annoying Media Go folder stuff).

ho-kay...here we go!

I have all the soundtracks of both PAL and NTSC version of the series, since GT1 to GT PSP, so I mixed up a few of my favorite sounds of the saga, kinda like the "Gran Turismo Mix" lol
I'm also a guy who likes to collect stuff, so all the games that I own, I try to get their soundtrack (official and in-game), so I've also throw a few of those.

In general, I have a mix of my favorite musics from all the GT games, and some others, throwing a couple of my favorite band Skillet, and I'm set for the road!

Stuff like Daikia Kasho (a big part of all GT soundtrack), some really cool remixes of moon over the castle, Feeder, Garbage, etc...

I'm currently working on a project to gather all the Gran Turismo soundtrack, of course for legal reasons I can't post a direct link to where that project is being held :sly:

I understand how awesome it is to drive only to the music of the engine, but some times is boring...
I can't see myself driving without music, I always make sure that the BGM is higher than the engine, but not too much, that way I can still change gears and enjoy my music.

FEAR FACTORY!!. hehe, I went through my itunes and picked all these heavy fast rock songs. Though most of the time I only listen to MP3's during replay. Watching your fast lap time with charged up music really gets me going. :mischievous:

I can't race well with music. I used to be able to in GT1/2, but not anymore :indiff:. I tried enabling custom soundtrack in GTPSP once, and I can't stay on the road lol. It's just too distracting when you're driving absolutely on the edge and you need to hear every sound the car makes.

I do have a large collection of GT's soundtrack though (including menu musics as well). Plus some good driving songs (as recommended by Top Gear) and Eurobeat (Initial D style) technos to accompany me when I'm driving in real life.

I turned off my custom music when I went from Automatic to Manual transmission (needed to be able to hear my shifting points)... but I always listen to my own music. I can't really drive (in real life or the virtual one) with out it!

I have that problem only when I forget to adjust the music volume depending on the car. I always do manual transmission so I know what you but most Midship engined cars are easy to hear, same with any race car. It's just certain front engined cars you gotta lower the music Volume.

For music I mostly have metal. Killswitch engage, All That Remains, The Empire Shall Fall. I also got a couple Primus songs. All the music is pretty driving so it goes great with driving. I hate techno so the first thing I did was those first 2 challenges so I could race without listening to that trance garbage

how do you listen to your custom music?:grumpy:

You call sony, tell them about this and they will transfer your call to Kazanuri (don't worry they will pay your call), and then he'll ask you some details about your PSN ID, and PSP details.
After that, he'll do some stuff in his computers so you can have your favorite music in the game.

It's that easy, next thing to do is just wait a few minutes until you receive an email with a code, that you should put in the store, and download a patch that will contain all the music you asked for. 👍

NAAH! I'm just kidding, please don't get upset :sly:
Now for real:

You complete A, B and C in the driving challenges.
Then, connect your PSP to your PC, and in the folder MUSIC, create a new one and name it GT PSP.
Put a few musics in this folder.
Go back to the game, in options, in the audio options tab, you can select the volume and etc...
Under the volume, you can select either 'Folder GT PSP' or the in-game music, just select to read the music from the folder.

Now go race and enjoy your tracks!
Funny thing is, if you just do the challenges, you'll get a message in the screen telling you about this, if you read the manual that's in the game (button right icon, nest to options) it will tell you everything you need to know about this. Just read it, it's not hard, and it's good for your brains fitness. :sly:

I listen to Confined,Nothing Left,Losing Sight,An Ocean Between Us,The Sound Of Truth,Comfort Betrays and 94 Hours by As I Lay Dying.

I also listen to Hand Of Blood,Room 409,Scream Aim Fire,Waking The Demon,4 Words(To Choke Upon) and Eye Of The Storm by Bullet For My Valentine.:mischievous:

GTPlanet KICKS 🤬. :gtpflag:

ClosureFirstTemple.jpg

705662m.jpg

I listen to these during normal driving/motorcycle riding as well. They're timeless for me. They put me in the perfect mood and never get old.

I usually play with a lot of Eurobeat since now I am been perfecting my drifting lines. During Time Attacks, usually play Eurobeat, Rock, Trance, House, JPop haha.

Dang, I thought I was clever listening to GT1/GT2 Japanese soundtracks!

Hey I do that too. :sly:

I usually play with a lot of Eurobeat since now I am been perfecting my drifting lines. During Time Attacks, usually play Eurobeat, Rock, Trance, House, JPop haha.

I second to that! 👍 👍

I don't know if it's me but...I just can't drive with music, I get so bored that my performance gets worst!
I try my best to understand those drivers who play with music off, but..I can't understand entirely why.

I can listen to the engine just fine, and a quick look to the rpm doesn't effect me.
Music motivates me to go faster, that's how I got my best lap record in my GT life to date!

Music motivates a lot. Heck, if my school allowed the use of ipods, i would defenetly finish my work in a pinch since its a great way to keep me focused. Especially when racing

I listen to Confined,Nothing Left,Losing Sight,An Ocean Between Us,The Sound Of Truth,Comfort Betrays and 94 Hours by As I Lay Dying.

I also listen to Hand Of Blood,Room 409,Scream Aim Fire,Waking The Demon,4 Words(To Choke Upon) and Eye Of The Storm by Bullet For My Valentine.:mischievous:

GTPlanet KICKS 🤬. :gtpflag:

not bad. have seen that As I lay Dying interperutations on youtube? if you haven't, go to youtube.com, search "as I lay dying interperitation", watch some of those video's. some of them are pretty funny

Hey guys, I updated my playlist. Heres my songlists I got for racing:

Blue owl- Art of trance

Syntrax- Jack Henderson

Lose control- Ash

Industry- Cubanate

Moon over the castle-long remix-synthetic

Brain 26 question- Frank D noise

Outrun- Thomas Bangalter

(Corrections are still to be made)

Last edited:
Back