What music would you like to hear in GT7?

• Thread starter Trentgt4
  • 108 comments

I wish to hear more fusion jazz tracks like in the old GT's

Yes, this song especially lol. Deep nostalgia for me.
I really, really wish for more of Ohira Isamu's music in Gran Turismo 7.

Don't get me wrong, I love the music in Sport, but the licensed music makes streaming and video making a pain, needing to be muted or substituted. Also, with how a selection of songs playing in every menu, it's very difficult to associate a track to a specific part of the game. In comparison, I will never forget Gran Turismo 2's East and South City themes, and I immediately think of the maps, menus, and sound effects whenever I hear the tunes. I think that for Gran Turismo 7 to feel more like a fun game and less of a soulless simulator, it very desperately needs bespoke music, and who better to deliver that than Ohira Isamu? He has been such a big part of the soul of Gran Turismo since its inception.
I really love the Sport soundtrack, and honestly you're right. Maybe we'll get that in 7!

I really, really wish for more of Ohira Isamu's music in Gran Turismo 7.

Don't get me wrong, I love the music in Sport, but the licensed music makes streaming and video making a pain, needing to be muted or substituted. Also, with how a selection of songs playing in every menu, it's very difficult to associate a track to a specific part of the game. In comparison, I will never forget Gran Turismo 2's East and South City themes, and I immediately think of the maps, menus, and sound effects whenever I hear the tunes. I think that for Gran Turismo 7 to feel more like a fun game and less of a soulless simulator, it very desperately needs bespoke music, and who better to deliver that than Ohira Isamu? He has been such a big part of the soul of Gran Turismo since its inception.
Have you tried putting on "Transmission Mode" in GT Sport's main menu? It changes the soundtrack to royalty-free music, much of which is taken from GT 5 and GT 6. I have heard people still having issues with copyright despite having it on mind you.

That's an interesting observation about musical association -- think you're right about that. The PD guys have always been really tuned-in with stuff like music, SFX, UI design etc so I think GT 7 will have a lot of flair when it comes to that.

GT Jazz for the menus, but when driving the first thing I do in any racing title that has music outside of pure arcade titles is turn off the music.
Indeed. I liked it in the old days as a kid driving auto transmission and tinny/vacuum cleaner engine noises, very fond memories of doing races in GT3 with the sunset on some tracks while Feeder 'Just A Day' played in the background.

But nowadays the car is the music when racing. Can't hear shift points properly with music blaring out.

Have you tried putting on "Transmission Mode" in GT Sport's main menu?
I'm aware of Transmission Mode. That's what I meant in my original post when I said that the music had to be muted or substituted. Thank you for bringing it up, though!

I still think that, if GT7 had its original bespoke music, then it's just less hassle, and everyone can have a more enriching experience IMO, be it watching the game or playing it themselves.

On the flipside, I recall someone complaining here on the forums about GT Sport's campaign mode music being stale and obnoxious. I guess there isn't a one size fits all answer.

Please.

Pretty please.

Make me feel young again.

I would love to hear another MotC remix as incredible as this one, though I very much doubt anything could ever top this one...

I would like, if there would get implement a function to stream music e.g. from Apple Music.
On PC, The function of hear own music had games from 2008, so said.

Last edited:
My Gran Turismo Sport soundtrack has not changed much in the last three years; I found an old post of mine and it seems I've added only 4-5 new songs to my playlist. Nevertheless, I'm (re)posting it right here:

Abecedarians - Come Out
Alter Ego - Rocker (Tuff City Kids Rocky Mix)
Annie - Greatest Hit
Bleu Toucan - Hanoï Café
Charlotte Gainsbourg - Deadly Valentine
The Chemical Brothers - The Boxer (DFA Remix)
Classixx - All You're Waiting For (feat. Nancy Whang)
Le Couleur - L'amour le jour
Cut Copy - Need You Now
Daft Punk - Musique
Essaie Pas - Carcajou 3
Factory Floor - Dial Me In
La Femme - Sphynx
Flavien Berger & Julia Lanoe - À reculons
Friendly Fires - Show Me Lights
Grace - Not Over Yet (Perfecto Mix)
Holy Ghost! - Bridge and Tunnel
Hot Chip - Huarache Lights
Jai Paul - Zion Wolf Theme
Junior Boys - Over It
Kano - Ikeya-Seki
Liquid Liquid - Cavern
M83 - Midnight City
Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy
Miel de Montagne - Permis B bébé
Mylo - Muscle Cars
New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle
Night Drive - Sea of Light
Para One - When the Night (Instrumental)
Phoenix - 1901
Pulp - Glory Days
Röyksopp - Clean Sweep
Simian Mobile Disco - Cruel Intentions
Sparks - La dolce vita
Suicide - Keep Your Dreams
Tame Impala - Let It Happen
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Zero
Yellow Magic Orchestra - Wild Ambitions
808 State - In Yer Face (Bicep Remix)

Last edited:
More drums, more bass, just take a look at the soundtrack of Motorstorm Apocalypse... That's the music I want, and I'm glad I can just stick a USB with Mp3s in my PS5 and listen to that while I'm playing GT.

RAMMSTEIN or THE PRODIGY in the menus to get hyped to start the Race !!!!
The Prodigy would be very much appreciated!!!

Indeed. I liked it in the old days as a kid driving auto transmission and tinny/vacuum cleaner engine noises, very fond memories of doing races in GT3 with the sunset on some tracks while Feeder 'Just A Day' played in the background.

But nowadays the car is the music when racing. Can't hear shift points properly with music blaring out.
The fact that it took 34 posts in a Gran Turismo music thread for anyone to mention Feeder has me feeling both old and disappointed.

More drums, more bass, just take a look at the soundtrack of Motorstorm Apocalypse... That's the music I want, and I'm glad I can just stick a USB with Mp3s in my PS5 and listen to that while I'm playing GT.
Agreed! GT2 PAL actually had a rather nice liquid DnB track:

...While GT5 had another, pretty popular DnB track:

I hope we have more stuff like this while racing. These kinds of tracks fit perfectly with GT's clean and clinical style...

Last edited:
Agreed! GT2 PAL actually had a rather nice liquid DnB track:

...While GT5 had another, pretty popular DnB track:

I hope we have more stuff like this while racing. These kinds of tracks fit perfectly with GT's clean and clinical style...

Oooh yeah both nice, especially like the 2nd one! Would love to have more music like this.

Hmm, thinking about it and I could be wrong on this, but there's probably not going to be much licensed music this time around, if at all. 'Cause they're selling an original soundtrack made by Sony Music themselves with the deluxe edition, coupled with the fact that Daiki is most likely lead composer this time since he now works at PD, and then there's the age of streaming that we live in...

Again, I could be wrong with this, though. -shrug-

the last time i played gt was 5, and i dont know if it is still that same kind of aesthetic, but there is a song called "midnight service" by ian ewig

GT1 had my favourite in-race music. For GT7 I would only listen to race music if the offline mode is worth playing, otherwise it will stay off.

For menu music - GT Sport was pretty good, but they erred when they shoehorned in the GT2 arcade music and started deviating from what they had at launch. If the GT7 menu music is a similar vein to GT Sport then it will be good, but I suspect if they are leaning into the nostalgia aspect then they will repackage the same music we've already heard.

Last edited:
Gran Turismo is a game that has music by Isamu Ohira and Masahiro Andoh. Remove that with no suitable replacement, and you remove an integral part of the soul of GT, far more important than used dealerships or car washing. But since people seem to find the genuine soul of GT "cheesy", I can't really blame PD for giving up.

Not that I'm opposed to, say, Daiki Kasho or Jason Page, not exactly. That's a complicated topic.

Last edited:
Back