What music would you like to hear in GT7?

• Thread starter Trentgt4
  • 108 comments
In addition to Daiki Kasho, Lenny Ibizarre, Makoto, Kemmei, and Isamu Ohira, I'd love to hear more Juno Reactor, as I found the two tracks by them a very welcome part of GT Sport's race soundtrack.

Last edited:
and Masahiro Andoh. Remove that with no suitable replacement,
Andoh has retired from music early last year, though. If there's anyone worthy of continuing Moon Over the Castle... yeah, it's gotta be Daiki, IMO.
But since people seem to find the genuine soul of GT "cheesy", I can't really blame PD for giving up.

"One man's trash is another man's treasure." With that, I wouldn't try to claim that they would give up.

Especially since Daiki's now trying to be more social as of late, using a translator and all. Like, he knows that he has a lot of international fans that like his music.

In my opinion, PD should only be adding new original tracks to the menu instead of random licensed stuff through Sony... but, I'd choose these if they decided to not do that.

Menu -

Race BGM -
(you can tell NIN of the mid 2000's was one of Daiki Kasho's inspirations for GT5's ost sound)

Race BGM -

Last edited:
Put this in the game stat, I NEED it

Why is it that Sport has so much better of an OST?

Yeah, kinda weird that none of the originals from Sport seem to be in. It's all old stuff going back to GT5 Prologue in terms of menu music, plus the dominance of Lenny Ibizarre. =/

I get that it's the 25th anniversary, but still...

Yeah, kinda weird that none of the originals from Sport seem to be in. It's all old stuff going back to GT5 Prologue in terms of menu music, plus the dominance of Lenny Ibizarre. =/

I get that it's the 25th anniversary, but still...
Yeah, the Lenny stuff sort of puts me off. A lot of it sounds like.. ice cream truck or circus music? A big put-off from the smoothness and sexiness of the Sport OST. I've never even played Sport, but man that OST slaps.

While I have no real complaints about the music, I WOULD love to hear some actual rock and roll in the soundtrack, as well as some classical music that isn't "remixed".

While I have no real complaints about the music, I WOULD love to hear some actual rock and roll in the soundtrack, as well as some classical music that isn't "remixed".

There is quite a bit of unremixed classical music in the game.

Loved the Hotel Costes inspired soundtrack for GT Sport. Shame they didn’t continue the trend with GT7 with its more eclectic mix. At least there’s a few tracks by Lenny Ibazarre, including this absolute banger, “Balearic Journey”. Just boggles the mind PD didn’t place it on the Race BGM playlist!

Some rap and some hardcore hip hop. Both have an appreciation for and are deeply ingrained in car culture. We had a great mix of music in GT5 ranging from Beehtoven to Snoop Dog but recent editions have done a disservice by cutting the edgier, and if I dare say better, driving music.

We need driving songs. The kind of stuff you make a playlist with when your looking at a long road trip.

Last edited:
Metal. Hip Hop. R&B. Songs about driving or cars. Songs that have a fast tempo to keep me focused and excited. Classic Rock.

It's sad. I'm paying another provider so I can access GT1-5 soundtracks to listen to while playing this game. They own (or did own) the licensing to so many great songs. As a 25th anniversary version of the game you would have thought they include some of the greata from the past in this one.... nope, just bad versions of old songs redone in ways they barely resemble the original song.

In addition to the songs that are currently available, I would like the menu music from GT3, GT4 and GT5.

It would also be great if you could select the next track in the menu by pressing e.g. R3. The music in the menu is GT typical, but most of the tracks in the GT Auto bring me close to the point of puke.

I’ve been playing a playlist with all gran turismos soundtracks when I’m doing some single player content. It has this one along with some other series classics. Definitely give it a go.

Also, I Think I’m Paranoid by Garbage.

Last edited:
Live Grateful Dead sets from '69-'80, a few choice shows from '89-'91 and '94/'95.

And Hard Bop ala Thelonious Monk, Charles Mingus, Oscar Peterson, etc. Gypsy Jazz from Django Reinhardt and Stephane Grappelli. Maybe some Tom Waits and Nick Cave for good measure, lol

But only for menu's. Only car sounds while I drive, though I do sometimes keep music playing through other sources

Last edited:
I’ve created this playlist. A few songs were figured in a GT game, but most didn’t. This is just my take on what I think would fit a GT1-3 game.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

As much as I like PD's work in general, after GT4 PD has, as far as music is concerned, taken a turn into a direction I really don't like at all.

I'd like to have the option for more long electronic lyric-less music for replay music.
We already had a bunch of good tracks of that genre back in GT4, for example Ullrich Schnauss' - a million miles away, THE track to watch a Nordschleife replay.

As for something new, something along the lines of The Glitch Mob would work really well I think:

I'd also much prefer this as menu music over what we have now.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back