What new gr3 and gr4 cars should they add

I think the priority would be to add cars from manufacturers not yet represented in those categories for Manufacturers cup.

I also think they made some strange choices for Gr.4 cars, as they missed the opportunity to add some real life GT4 or touring class cars - especially when the road car is in the game. Mostly thinking of the Camaro, KTM and MX-5 GT4 (although it was the NC gen), and Honda Civic TCR. The 308 TCR would have been nice, but given the 308 GTI is not in game, then the RCZ does fine since it was the previous Cup car from Peugeot. Nissan is teh strangest to me, as the 370Z GT4 is pretty much an iconic car for GT Academy.

Here's a list of the latest or upcoming GT4 homologated cars which are not in the game :

Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R
KTM X-Bow GT4
Mazda MX-5 GT4
Alpine A110 Cup GT4
Maserati Gran Turismo MC GT4
Lotus Evora GT4
Mercedes AMG GT4
Ginetta G55 GT4
Audi R8 LMS GT4

You could also dig into TCR and bring them to the Gr.4 class, but I'd rather stick with the GT4 car when available, I feel they're more at home here.

As for Gr.3, the class seems pretty good as of now (although they lack some of the latest models). Again, they would need to include other manufacturers in it : Bugatti Chiron, Alpine A110 (I'd love the Gr.3 Road Car of that)...

Needs more variety gr b. Kinda like sega rally of at the moment with 3 tracks to rally on

Last edited:
I think they better focus on adding real life tracks like Le Man or Spa instead of adding more cars. The car list are pretty okay at the moment.

Also, I rather if they add the Gr.4, Gr.3 and Gr.1 cars for brands that lack those type of cars in GT Sport atm before focusing on brands that already have them. Bentley being a big example.

Warning: Full of images.
----
For Gr.3 class:

*** Top Priority / Necessary to add.
** Mid / Different enough to worth adding.
* Low / Most likely a similar car already exists.

* - Acura NSX GT3 (Probably pointless but...I want to see the Acura Dpi prototype as well).

imsa-daytona-24-2018-93-michael-shank-racing-acura-nsx-gtd-lawson-aschenbach-justin-marks.jpg

*** - Alpine A110 (A fictional GT3 version of the new one)

21200768-2017-alpine-a110-drive-tests-in-aix-en-provence-region-1512768551.jpg

** - Aston Martin Vantage GTE

2018-aston-martin-vantage-gte.jpg

*** - Bentley Continental GT3

_007_bentley_continental_gt3_smith_guy_(gb)-jarvis_oliver_(gb)-kane_steven_(gb)_(bentley_team_m-sport)_(1).jpg

* - BMW M8 GTE

BMW-M8-GTE-Frankfurt-08.jpg

*** - Fictional Bugatti EB110/Veyron/Chiron GT3

Bugatti-Chiron.jpg

*** - Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3

tumblr_oplqveb88O1v5jzqco1_1280.jpg

* - Chevrolet Corvette C7.R

Chevrolet-Corvette-C7-R-with-Team-Chevy-Corvette-Racing-24-Hours-of-Le-Mans-front-end-in-motion-05.jpg

* - Ferrari 488 GT3

imsa-daytona-24-2017-51-spirit-of-race-ferrari-488-gt3-peter-mann-maurizio-mediani-alessan.jpg

** - Ford GT LM GTE

ford-gt-gtlm-victory-001.jpg

*** - a Fictional GT3 of the Infiniti Q60

Infiniti-Q60-Black-S-concept-101-4.jpg

*** - Fictional Gr.3 based on the Kia Stinger

Screenshot_2018-02-01-20-21-03.png

*** - Lotus Evora MC

C7Ft04pXUAEXzZG.jpg

** - A fictional GT3 class of the Ruf CTR "Yellow Bird" 2017 or CTR3 (Similar to what Pcars have done back in 2015. I would like to have RUF alongside Porache, I think it's a rather unpopular opinion tho).

02b_RUF-CTR-2017-Handout.jpg

** - Subaru BRZ GT300

brz_sugo.jpg

** - Toyota Prius Apr GT

Toyota-Prius-apr-GT@Suzuka-Circuit-1024x682.jpg

*** - A fictional GT3 class based on the new upcoming TVR griffith. As a brand that was featured in GT since the original all the way to GT6, they should make a comeback to GT Sport.

2018-tvr-griffith-4.jpg

I hoe I haven't turned this into another wishlist.

I would prefer only real world gt3 and gt4 cars be included in those classes.

FWD cars belong in their own touring class and fictional cars the same in their own class.

With real world cars you can imitate the weaknesses and strengths the cars exhibit in racing use in the game as you have such real world information needed to do so.

A fictional car you are just making up the cars characteristics which in my opinion makes a class with their inclusion not reflect the tha actual class you are trying to replicate or represent as such in the game.

A separate touring class would probably be very popular within the game and would give the FWD rice rocket cars a proper place to race rather than having them mixed into a class they do not belong.

Ford GT LM, Ferrari 488, Cadillac and BMW M8 for sure in gt3.

Ideally
Gr4 Skyline R34
Gr4 RX-7 Spirit Type R
Gr4 Cammaro Z28
Gr4 gt40 spec II ( 2005 )
Gr4 Miata ( cut from the game ,
available in every build up until the Closed beta )
Gr4 F40 t
Xbow GT 4

GT3 only really needs the Bentley / Gt40 , criticizing PD is kind of idiotic when they got 95% of the grid and unique cars .

I think PD should focus on modern cars for GT 3

Gr4 should be done to every car possible IMO .

I think adding the Matech GT3, the AMG GT4 and R8 LMS GT4 could be an easy change since all those are existing models in different forms. Something like the Ferrari 488 or the McLaren 570S GT4 would probably be too different to reuse much from what is currently in the game. I would love to see a full GTE/GTLM roster with the new Ford GT, BMW M8, Vantage GTE etc. to get the 991 RSR out of Gr.3 and into a possible Gr.2

I would like to see the manufacturers that are currently using the same model for Gr3 and Gr4 get some variety. Ford, Chevy and Dodge are top of mind.
  • Focus RS Gr4
  • Camaro Gr4
  • Charger Gr4/Dart Gr4 (yes, it's a horrible road car but there is a race prepped version out there)
  • MX5 Gr4 (MX-5 RM anyone?)
Those should be easy enough to do since there are already bases to work off other than the Dart. I'll add another vote for Volvo too. I feel dirty saying it but those Polestar machines are sexy. C30 and S40/S60 options would be nice.

EDIT: The Dart I mentioned is actually a RallyCross car. Perhaps there's some opportunity to go Gr.B there or maybe get GRC in GT? :D

SetWidthWzI0MDBd-Focus-RS-2017-994x529-01.jpg

ln1117-297612_12.jpg

160606final4.jpg

volvo-motorsport-2010-heico-c30.jpg

volvo-s60-polestar-wtcc-14.jpg

Last edited:
V8 Supercars are more a GT3 than a GT4 car.

True, I was thinking of more of something akin to the old 850 BTCC so Gr.4 trim with a closer to production powerplant and hp/tq levels and 4WD but the Gr.3 could be like the supercar with v8 RWD. That was just the easiest pic with a big wing on the estate.

True, I was thinking of more of something akin to the old 850 BTCC so Gr.4 trim with a closer to production powerplant and hp/tq levels and 4WD but the Gr.3 could be like the supercar with v8 RWD. That was just the easiest pic with a big wing on the estate.

It is a very nice looking car :)

Remember that if you want Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars from new manufacturers, it's automatically going to be more work than usual due to PD having to make and introduce production models of those cars as well. Realistically, there could be more racing variants of existing models on short notice. I would like to see more VGT race cars, a Gr.4 Honda, Subaru and BMW VGT would be so good.

I'm suprised Infiniti barely got any love this time around with GT Sport, their concept coupe VGT is in the game, but they don't have any representation in another other class outside of Gr.X. How sad, especially with GT's relationship with Nissan. They can fix that through this:

An Infiniti Q50 Gr.4

IMG_2793.JPG

And some sort of Infiniti Gr.3 with any of their Coupe models.

IMG_2794.JPG

Watching some of the Bathurst highlights reminded me of the existence of the MARC Focus and mazda 3......would make some great gr4 contenders. More of a hatchback than the Atenza, bit shorter, I think that would be a bit more fun than the mustang and Atenza that we currently have. Plus, real race cars!

endurance-bathurst-12-hours-2015-91-marc-cars-australia-mazda-3-v8-keith-kassulke-jake-cam.jpg

Watching some of the Bathurst highlights reminded me of the existence of the MARC Focus and mazda 3......would make some great gr4 contenders. More of a hatchback than the Atenza, bit shorter, I think that would be a bit more fun than the mustang and Atenza that we currently have. Plus, real race cars!

The MARC cars are tube chassis cars with panels to resemble the make/model. They are all the effectively the same car. This would make them a GrX car in my opinion. Definitely not a Gr4 car even though their restrictions would put them at a similar lap time.

The MARC cars are tube chassis cars with panels to resemble the make/model. They are all the effectively the same car. This would make them a GrX car in my opinion. Definitely not a Gr4 car even though their restrictions would put them at a similar lap time.
I know, but seeing as gr4 is a fictional gtsport category it seemed unnecessary to place FIA GT4 rules upon it. If the perfperform can be balanced it should be allowed to play.

Chevy Camaro GT4/Gr.4 Gr.B as well.
Mazda Miata Cup car balanced to Gr.4 specs
Citroen DS3 Group B
Ford GT in all its forms
Dodge Dart Group B/Gr.4
I predict the M8 will be here soon enough

Last edited:
Back