What One Online Improvement Would You Make to GT6?

• Thread starter Afrodeezy
  • 39 comments
United States
California
Afrodeezy7
I understand the online experience in Gran Turismo 5 has many issues that need to be fixed, but what do you guys feel is the single worst issue online you would like to see fixed for GT6? I'm not necessarily talking about adding features (I believe there is a thread on that already), but if you had to pick one thing online to fix/improve for the next GT title, what would it be, and how would you improve said issue?

Something I'd like to alter is the split time (as critical as that may sound). I think you should be able to chose between seeing how far you are back from the leader (like it is now), or how far the next car ahead is.

Last edited:
Those annoying 10 year olds with X1s who complain about everything. I'd like that to be fixed.

wolfdragon97
Those annoying 10 year olds with X1s who complain about everything. I'd like that to be fixed.

If only we could go back 10 years & abort them. Seems like the only thing to stop them :(

Not enough options.

Example: It shouldn't be that we have to scroll through a select 200 events to find a Shuffle Race.
There are thousands of races that aren't visible when we're trying to find a room.

Personally, I want an option to choose "Microphones OFF" to only find rooms that allow for the Personal BGM. Little things like that will help, and obviously, matchmaking/quick match so that we can choose a track, type of race, and performance level of opponents in order for rooms to be created more quickly.

It'll be great if we can label ourselves as Rookie, Average, Advanced, or Expert so matches will be more even. Needs polishing.

Not enough options.

Example: It shouldn't be that we have to scroll through a select 200 events to find a Shuffle Race.
There are thousands of races that aren't visible when we're trying to find a room.

Personally, I want an option to choose "Microphones OFF" to only find rooms that allow for the Personal BGM. Little things like that will help, and obviously, matchmaking/quick match so that we can choose a track, type of race, and performance level of opponents in order for rooms to be created more quickly.

It'll be great if we can label ourselves as Rookie, Average, Advanced, or Expert so matches will be more even. Needs polishing.

^ This.

It'd be nice if we could search for keywords too, like 'clean racing', so it's easier to find a clean shuffle room. I can spend ages searching for a clean shuffle room.

More cars allowed in race, a system that acknowledges multiple classes, a race timer so that 2.4 hour enduros are possible and more advanced pit stop options (which tyres to change, setup changes etc.).

another_jakhole
Not enough options.

All very, very good points. I like the "skill level" thing, but if we can pick our own, that can be easily abused, as good racers can just pick the "rookie" setting and embarrass everyone trying to have a good time. However, if there was an algorithm in game that could determine player experience/skill (maybe based on the amount of miles driven, A spec level, wins, etc) with the same "Rookie, Avg, etc." skill levels, I could see that working nicely.

TomMcD
More cars allowed in race, a system that acknowledges multiple classes, a race timer so that 2.4 hour enduros are possible and more advanced pit stop options (which tyres to change, setup changes etc.).

I believe you can already chose which tyres to change to, and how much fuel to put in. Setup change would be GREAT to change in the pits though, albeit quite unrealistic with the amount of time you spend stopped.

steve30x
The whiney people that GT is never good enough for.

Can't tell if you're taking a shot at me or not.. Definitely not whining, GT5 is one of my favorite games of all time, I just made this thread to garner some constructive criticism. GT5 is a great game, but there's always room for improvement.

Afrodeezy
I believe you can already chose which tyres to change to, and how much fuel to put in. Setup change would be GREAT to change in the pits though, albeit quite unrealistic with the amount of time you spend stopped.

Should have clarified that I meant whether to actually take tyres or not and which to change and which to leave (right side on, left side off etc.) which is something you see in NASCAR.

Minor setup changes would be realistic, tape and tyre pressure on stock cars and wing positions in F1 being decent examples. You may take a few extra seconds in the pits but it's not unrealistic.

TomMcD
Should have clarified that I meant whether to actually take tyres or not and which to change and which to leave (right side on, left side off etc.) which is something you see in NASCAR.

Minor setup changes would be realistic, tape and tyre pressure on stock cars and wing positions in F1 being decent examples. You may take a few extra seconds in the pits but it's not unrealistic.

Ahh I see. I did think of F1 Wing adjustments after I posted actually. I would love the option to not pit for tires, and just other reasons. But also keep in mind that unless a whole tire pressure system is implemented in the game, changing pressure in the pits may not work. Also, since the game takes the same time to change each tire, what's the benefit to just changing some of the tires if it would take the same time to change all 4 (since there's a tire changer on all 4 corners of the car)

stabilize the overall online experience. if it takes dedicated servers to host races then so be it. the whole p2p thing is not working out in many cases with all the different connection types.

jaycee_xr3
:crazy: ¿Really? Wow! :ouch: ... must ... try ... harder ...

Thanks! :sly:

Go to the "community" tab, find the friend that you wanna join, go to the "lounge" option, and there should be an orange icon right above the coffee cup. Go to that, and join from there! 👍 :)

Afrodeezy
Ahh I see. I did think of F1 Wing adjustments after I posted actually. I would love the option to not pit for tires, and just other reasons. But also keep in mind that unless a whole tire pressure system is implemented in the game, changing pressure in the pits may not work. Also, since the game takes the same time to change each tire, what's the benefit to just changing some of the tires if it would take the same time to change all 4 (since there's a tire changer on all 4 corners of the car)

Well that's the thing, in NASCAR you don't have a man on every tyre, you have 2, which gives you the advantage. I recall this pit stop type being used in single player GT5 but not in GT5 NASCAR online so i'd like to see that aswell.

Matchmaking

Change seasonal events. Let us race each other in the seasonal events rather than playing chase the leader with the AI (but use REALISTIC tyre restrictions)

Pretty much same as what prologue had, but way more choice of events. I'd like this alongside what we already have.

I don't even really bother with online anymore cos most of my mates don't bother much anymore and the public lobbies are full of racing soft racing soft and racing soft.

Chadders85
Matchmaking

Change seasonal events. Let us race each other in the seasonal events rather than playing chase the leader with the AI (but use REALISTIC tyre restrictions)

Pretty much same as what prologue had, but way more choice of events. I'd like this alongside what we already have.

I don't even really bother with online anymore cos most of my mates don't bother much anymore and the public lobbies are full of racing soft racing soft and racing soft.

Make your own lobby & change tire restrictions ;)

But I've always thought of seasonals against friends. If they did that though, they'd have to lower the reward, otherwise people would abuse this.

The golden question when adding something to an online environment: How can it be abused or taken advantage of? Because if there's the opportunity to be cheap in a competitive environment, people will do whatever they can to gain an advantage on the next guy.

AI racers to fill empty places in a race to get a full grid like in f1 2011
Good point, but with way better AI!
And as in every single race of the game, on-screen view of gap between you and the car in front of you, and you and the car behind you.
And better stability of connection.
And more car groups to battle, like DTM.

Afrodeezy
Make your own lobby & change tire restrictions ;)

But I've always thought of seasonals against friends. If they did that though, they'd have to lower the reward, otherwise people would abuse this.

The golden question when adding something to an online environment: How can it be abused or taken advantage of? Because if there's the opportunity to be cheap in a competitive environment, people will do whatever they can to gain an advantage on the next guy.

Tried it. End up twiddling my thumbs for half an hour every time waiting for people to join cos it seems the majority don't like comfort tyres on road cars.

There are probably ways around it like get more friends that still play the game or set up a league but that means joining rooms I probably won't enjoy.

The ability to set my garage cars to online so that they can be used in a lounge with my club team mates. The specs of the cars could not be changed from what they were in my garage other then to set the car up.

An example of this.

I set 12 different race cars to a particular weight and power so they they are all within a few 10ths of each other on most tracks.

I then set these cars to be used online so when I am in a lounge with my team mates I can set it so these are the only cars that can be used and not modified in any way other then set up.

This would mean we could make competitive championships with equal cars of a great variety.

Also a way to post a link of online race results to the GT main website, then this link of results could then be pasted in any website to show results. I would like an in depth analysis of results/stats with this as well.

The ability to create an online event, which runs over a set period which is user defined and possible to invite friends, league standings and results are stored as well as qualifying and practice times all which is exportable to the GT5 website and postable/viewable on other websites. Of course, proper qualifying and practice sessions, which can be created and left open of a user defined period of time.

PAPPACLART
The ability to set my garage cars to online so that they can be used in a lounge with my club team mates. The specs of the cars could not be changed from what they were in my garage other then to set the car up.

An example of this.

I set 12 different race cars to a particular weight and power so they they are all within a few 10ths of each other on most tracks.

I then set these cars to be used online so when I am in a lounge with my team mates I can set it so these are the only cars that can be used and not modified in any way other then set up.

This would mean we could make competitive championships with equal cars of a great variety.

Also a way to post a link of online race results to the GT main website, then this link of results could then be pasted in any website to show results. I would like an in depth analysis of results/stats with this as well.

The ability to create an online event, which runs over a set period which is user defined and possible to invite friends, league standings and results are stored as well as qualifying and practice times all which is exportable to the GT5 website and postable/viewable on other websites. Of course, proper qualifying and practice sessions, which can be created and left open of a user defined period of time.

All of these are great, especially the practice & qualifying sessions. Practice not so much because you can just drive in the lobby and it serves the same purpose. But all in all, super solid ideas man, this would make league racing MUCH more fun and easily coordinated.

Back